Stand on rollers
The Internet is full of various video tutorials for beginner skaters. Not to say that this is a completely useless thing, but it will not teach you how to ride. The most difficult thing in rollerblading for beginners is not to drive, but to slow down. And, of course, you need to be able to keep your balance. At the same time, it is advisable that there is a person nearby who will work out mistakes with you. In a roller school, this is exactly what they will do with you. from simple to complex: the basics of normal forward movement, correct body position, working out coordination and balance, braking without using the standard brake. Then there are turns and turns with acceleration and deceleration. At the end of the course, the descent from the hill will seem to you an easy warm-up, not to mention the banal movement in a straight line.
By the way, lessons can be received free of charge. Rollersport Federation School. RollerSchool.ru weekly conducts free open lessons in roller skating. All summer, starting from the May holidays on Sundays, in the afternoons in Gorky Park, at the All-Russian Exhibition Center and on Poklonnaya Hill, everyone is taught basic skills, and advanced skaters are taught various tricks as part of slalom and freeskate. No prior registration for classes is required, just come and study (check the schedule on the website). Not satisfied with the time or want more attention. pay attention to the paid course. The basic course consists of 12 lessons, lasting 2 hours. Lessons are held in Victory Park and Gorky Park, at the All-Russian Exhibition Center, in Luzhniki and in Izmailovsky Park. Groups are recruited regularly and it’s never too late to join! Cost. 5500 r. for 12 lessons. There is a system of discounts.
Since May 11, the Roller School of Kirill Ryazantsev on Poklonnaya Gora announces recruitment for beginner courses. The adult course consists of 12 sessions of 1.5 hours each. The total cost of the course, excluding possible discounts, is 5500 rubles. Discounts are received by students, couples (husband; mother / father, child; two children), club card holders, etc.
Where to study for adults?
Can’t swim? Do you prefer to ride only four wheels, preferably as a passenger? VashDosug.ru knows places where adults are taught to ride a bike, put on roller skates, familiarize themselves with horse riding, and generally fill in the gaps in children’s education.
Learn to swim
Not knowing how to swim. what a shame for an adult! thinks the majority and is silent, like partisans. Meanwhile, according to statistics, every sixth person cannot swim. The summer season is a reason to rectify the situation. Swimming School instructor T.E.MP. they are engaged just with adults. So, in the basin of the Bauman Moscow State Technical University, groups for May are already closed, but recording is being made for June. In the pool of the STC MEI on Aviamotornaya, they sign up for May, and, what is especially pleasant, there are weekend groups. Do not forget to prepare a doctor’s note, cap and swimming goggles. For residents of Chertanovo there is a branch of the school in the pool of KSK “Bitza” Registration is open for initial training groups for May and weekend groups are also open. Starting from a simple crawl on the chest and the first 25 meters, they promise to master breaststroke, back crawl and even butterfly stroke for a full course, increasing the comfortable swimming distance to 500 meters.
Ride a bike
If there is a desire to change a fitness trainer for a real bike, consider that half the battle is done, because it is impossible to teach a person something against his will. In Veloezde, they promise to make a beginner, if not an ace, then at least a fully qualified city cyclist in five lessons. The first student of this year has already left for Europe with her husband for a bicycle rally, and the process of her training is recorded in a short videotape. One lesson will cost 1900 rubles. When paying for five lessons at once. 8000 r. During the training process, riding is interspersed with exercises for coordination and balance. And the first thing you will learn is to fall properly. Then. ride, change gears, distribute the load on the muscles. And then. practice, practice and more practice.
Tame the horse
Horse riding is beautiful. This, if you like, is aristocratic! People who regularly go horseback riding are calmer and more cheerful. In fact, this is real fitness, only the training takes place not with the help of glands in a stuffy room, but in the fresh air, in the process of communicating with the animal. Learning to ride, frankly, is a permanent occupation. there is no limit to perfection. It takes time to learn the correct fit, horse control, and in order for the muscle corset to rebuild, it also takes time. First, it will break the whole body, and the horse will stop from awkward commands. But in a month or two you will master the training trot, and in a year you will be able to control the gait.
The most famous place for training is Bitsa KSK. In winter, classes are held in the arena, and from May. on open-air sites.. a monthly subscription of four classes. 2500 rubles. In the Contact Zoo “Gorki” classes are more budgetary. an hour of riding at the local Riding School will cost 500 rubles.
Learn on your own
In fact, no teachers are needed to teach cycling, you can quickly learn on your own. Sometimes, especially for adults, it is better to carefully and calmly learn to ride without witnesses than to listen to not the most flattering comments from your friend, boyfriend or coach. After all, for most people it is “sat down and went”.
Many authors identify 5 to 15 steps for mastering the bike. Here is one of the options:
1. Understand the work of all mechanisms. The front and rear brakes are especially important, we will learn how to switch speeds later.
Sit on the bike and try to balance with the brake applied. It will not work, but it will allow you to feel some balance on the bike, which is what you want.
We begin to move without pedaling. we make a scooter out of a bicycle, pushing off with our feet. It is advisable to learn to ride in balance, without resting your feet on the ground. A slight slope or fairly flat asphalt will help with this. It is important to first brake and then stand with your feet on the ground, otherwise you can get injured.
Learn to pedal. First with one foot. We set the speeds, if any, to 2-4 (middle of the range), sit down on the bike. We expose the pedal at 45 degrees up and forward and press with one foot to the bottom position. We roll similarly to the previous point, we stop. We repeat to automatism with each leg.
Synchronize the legs. repeat the previous exercise, but continuously. It won’t work right away, it will take a lot of practice. Don’t forget about balance!
We consolidate the driving skill, starting the turns, at first smooth to the left and right, it is important to feel the tilt when turning. This is the norm when riding.
The final exercise is a reversal. After it works out, we begin full-fledged skiing: we drive 100-200 meters, turn around, accelerate and slow down.
So, you know how to ride! The next task is the correct gear shifting, but this is already a topic for a separate lesson.
Teach the child
Children are usually taught to ride from an early age. Even up to one year old, children can use toys with wheels, and at 1.5-2. ride a tricycle. At 4 years old, you can start practicing on a two-wheeled bike. At first, you can use additional wheels, but it is better to choose a balance bike for training. a small analogue of a children’s bicycle without pedals and brakes. By the age of 10-12 you can switch to a full-fledged teenage bike.
Teaching a child requires constant attention and great responsibility:
- It is required to monitor not only the riding technique, but also the posture, breathing of the child.
- You can’t exercise after eating. it’s doubly hard.
- Limit loads. Up to 13 years old. no more than 10-15 km, a teenager under 15 years old. no more than 20.
Now let’s move on to general recommendations for behavior while driving a bicycle.
- You should psychologically prepare yourself for falls and failures. Cycling is about practice and perseverance.
- The balance is easier to maintain at speed, so do not drive too slowly.
- The steering wheel should be held without tension, but it should not be released either.
- Do not bend your feet and knees, this leads to quick fatigue.
- All movements must be smooth and even.
- Harsh braking is prohibited.
Teach an adult
It is difficult to teach an adult, he easily maintains his balance, but in unforeseen situations he is usually very squeezed, and falls are not only physically dangerous, but also undermine the learning process, since adults are psychologically vulnerable.
You should never hold the bike or give advice frequently. The main part of the learning process is a physical sense of balance and capabilities. The “coach” is only needed to explain the basics and, possibly, provide the most correct feedback on the results of the exercises. However, the most comfortable for adults is self-study.
First of all, you need to prepare the accessories and the bike for riding.
- Special comfortable but closed shoes.
- Sportswear that wicks away sweat (you will be very tired from habit).
- Warm clothes, if it’s less than 25 degrees Celsius outside.
- Cycling Gloves.
- Protection: knee pads, elbow pads, bicycle helmet.
Protection and shoes are a must for beginners as falls can occur even on the most talented riders.
Next, you should set up the bike, especially if we are teaching a child or a girl.
- Adjusting the brakes and switches is too difficult to learn from “loose” mechanics.
- Set the saddle slightly below the standard for easy getting off of it.
- Adjust the handlebar height if possible.
- Remove unnecessary accessories from the bike as much as possible (bike computer, bell, etc.).
Fine. Both the learner and the bike are now ready for lessons.
How to quickly learn to ride a bike?
Let’s put psychological problems aside and consider the main question: how to learn to ride a bike.
In fact, learning to ride a bike is very easy at any age. The main thing in this business is to get ready for a fairly long practice, because the “sat down and went” scheme is only in the minds of those who already know how. The child should be looked after and bought bicycles (or balance bikes) by height and age, and for adults, the main thing is to understand the general recommendations and have time for practice.
HOW TO LEARN AN ADULT TO RIDE A BICYCLE: LEARNING METHODS
How can an adult learn to ride a bike? yes, very easy! By following our tips and tricks, you will learn this very quickly! The main rule is to have a great desire to learn how to ride and overcome your fear.!
One of the main problems that an adult is embarrassed to ride a bike is that he is so big, and still does not know how to ride a bike, he is afraid to seem funny and awkward.
The most important thing is to be confident in yourself and, of course, desire. If you have this, then there is nothing to be afraid of, enlist the support of a person close to you who will help you with this and forward to victories!
As the proverb says: “it’s never too late to learn.” If you didn’t have to learn in childhood, then it will be even easier and easier for an adult to learn how to ride a bike. But now we will tell you about how to learn how to ride a bicycle for an adult.
In an adult, the muscular system is fully formed, so it will be easier to learn how to keep balance. But the essential “but” is the fear of falling, the movements are constrained and this makes the learning process difficult.
- First, you need to choose a site. The most important thing is that the road is flat, and there is where to turn around, it can be a park with asphalt paths, an embankment of the sea or a river, a stadium.
- Next, you need to establish “contact” with the bike, for this you need to take the bike by the saddle with one hand and roll it, so you will feel that you need to control the bike not only with the help of the handlebar, but also help with the body.
- The following exercise will help you learn how to maintain balance, for this you need to stand on either side of the bike, as it is more convenient for you and put one foot on the pedal, the one that is closer to the bike, keep your leg straight, and the second push off the ground and all this must be done at low speed, this will give you a more accurate feel of how to control the bike. That is, we can say that you are using a bicycle like a scooter. This exercise will help you steer your body and handlebars correctly.
- It is better to get on the bike from a curb or some kind of ledge, so it will be easier for you. As soon as your feet are on the pedals, keep your balance and start your journey, the more speed, the better, is it possible to keep balance? However, at high speed you can get injured, so be sure to use the brakes either only the rear or both at once, since when braking with the front brakes, there is a possibility of flying forward through the steering wheel. Also, if you are drifting, for example, to the right side, then you need to turn the steering wheel in the opposite direction, that is, to the left.
- Most importantly, be careful and never look at the wheels, look at the road, and estimate the distance to objects in your path. Never turn at high speed, slow down a little.
It’s actually easier than it sounds! Have a good trip!
How to teach an adult
It would seem that it is quite simple to teach an adult to ride a bicycle, because, unlike a child, he understands the principle of a sports equipment and knows that it is necessary to maintain a balance. However, if in childhood a person had an unsuccessful experience in mastering a vehicle, then this fear fetters his body and does not allow him to feel the bike. Therefore, for an adult, the main thing is to overcome your fear.
If you succeed in doing this, then everything will go well:
- Once you’re in the right position, grab a suitable bike and just try walking around with one hand on the seat. The steering wheel will tilt to the side, but you do not need to catch it with your second hand, but try to direct the front wheel straight, tilting the bike to one side or the other.
- Walking like this for 10–20 minutes at a slow pace, you can speed up your step and spend the same amount of time walking.
- Then you need to try to ride a bike like a scooter. To do this, you need to position yourself to the left of the vehicle and with your right leg, slightly bent at the knee, stand on the left pedal. With both hands, grab the steering wheel and, pushing off with your left foot, straighten your right one and press your thigh against the frame. Your goal is to try to drive slowly while keeping your balance. When doing this exercise, it is advisable that someone insure you, since if the fall is to the left, then you yourself will brake with your foot, but it will be inconvenient to the right.
- If there is no assistant, then you can replace the exercise “scooter” with a descent from a gentle slope. But before this exercise, you should familiarize yourself with the work of the brakes.
- To descend from a slope, the seat must be lowered as far as possible. The steering wheel must also be adjusted to suit the height of the seat. Then sit on the bike, push off slightly with your foot and, tucking both lower limbs, try to roll down, maintaining balance. As soon as you feel the fall, put your foot out and push off again. The main thing here is to look forward, and not under your feet, and try not to strain your body, especially your arms.
- After learning how to keep your balance, move on to mastering the pedals. Stand near the curb. One foot (preferably right if you are right-handed) should be on the pedals, the other on the curb. Push off the curb, setting the sports equipment in motion, and, feeling the pedal with your other foot, begin to twist them smoothly. If you lose balance, lower the desired leg to the ground, push off and keep moving. Gradually, you will learn to pedal smoothly and maintain balance.
- The last stage of learning is turning. First, master the entry into it along a large radius, then gradually decrease. To turn, you need to turn the steering wheel slightly in the right direction.
first time on a bike
Step-by-step instructions for correct driving
You do not need a special instructor to train on a bicycle: an adult can learn it on his own. It is advisable to teach a child to someone from an adult who is familiar with the vehicle. If a person has never ridden a bicycle, but wants to learn or teach someone, for this he needs to familiarize himself with the instructions below.
How to choose the right bike
There are a huge number of types of bicycles. The most famous of them: urban, cruisers, road, mountain, hybrid, folding, unusual designs, women and children. It is easier to study in urban or hybrid, since they are most often found in rentals, but you can also use others, if they are available. The main thing is to study the features of the vehicle.
Here is a table of sizes of different types of bicycles for each height:
|Age, years||Leg length, cm||Leg length, inches||Frame, inches||Wheels, inches|
The choice of location is no less important in the learning process than the selection of vehicles: few people want strangers to watch their attempts to cope with the vehicle. In addition, it is necessary that in this place there are good paths where the wheels will not get stuck, preferably asphalt ones. Children can be taught in parks and in front of the house on the sidewalk.
Checking the bike
After selecting the appropriate vehicle, immediately check that both brakes are working properly. You also need to assess the degree of tire inflation, frame wear, the quality of seat fixation, check the frame for cracks. Crank the pedals to make sure the chain is lubricated.
How to learn to ride a bike for adults and children?
A bicycle is a vehicle propelled by the power of human muscles. Some people refer to the bicycle as a sports equipment. But whatever it is, riding it brings a lot of benefits. Every child dreams of mastering the technique of riding this transport, and adults are not averse to riding, so our today’s article will be devoted to teaching how to ride a bike.
Attempts to conquer a sports equipment are unlikely to pass without injuries. In order to protect yourself, you should think about equipment. The material of clothing should be dense, but pleasant to the body and not hindering movement. It is advisable to choose narrow pants so that they do not cling to the parts of the bike. Shoes should be sturdy, closed and comfortable. A protective helmet should be worn on the head, knees and elbows should be covered with knee pads and elbow pads, cycling gloves will also be appropriate.
How to teach a child
Usually, teaching a child to ride a bicycle begins with mastering a three-wheeled vehicle: it is very easy to ride it, the main thing is to understand the principle of pedaling. Then, when the child grows up, he is transferred to a two-wheeled bicycle with two small auxiliary ones at the back. These wheels can be raised slightly so that they do not participate in the movement when driving smoothly. When there is a tilt to the side, they will not let you lose balance and will allow the baby to level the vehicle on his own.
Now you can often find a situation where parents are trying to teach a small child to ride a two-wheeled bicycle at once. In this case, you need to make more effort, but it is quite realistic to teach a four to five year old baby to ride such a vehicle. If you decide to follow this path, then you need to remember the following:
- First of all, the child needs to be shown how he should act in case of loss of balance, because he is also afraid of falling. You need to put your baby on the vehicle and ask him to put his feet on the pedals. You should stand behind and, holding the saddle, tilt it in one direction or the other. It is necessary to explain to the child that when he feels a tilt to the side, he needs to lower the corresponding leg from the pedal to the ground.
- When the child understands a little how it works during the bend, release the saddle, and let him independently react to the bend.
- Now you need to master the work of the brake. Sit the baby on a sports equipment, and yourself stand in front and, grabbing the wheel, slowly move the bike. Ask to press the brake. When the vehicle starts to fall, the baby must put his foot on his own.
- Slightly accelerate the vehicle and ask your child to brake immediately. After repeating the action several times, start asking to brake in a second or two, gradually increasing the duration of the movement.
- Find a spot where the road has a slight slope. Ask your child to sit on a sports equipment and, pushing off, ride with legs tucked in, keeping balance.
- When the child has rolled down the hill several times without pedaling, ask him to try to engage them. After several attempts, he will be able to catch the desired rhythm of pedaling on his own.
how to quickly teach a child to ride a bike
How to learn to ride a bike?
In everyday life, a bicycle is one of the most convenient and economical ways of transportation. But despite its simplicity in management, not everyone has the skill to ride it. Today we will talk about how to learn to ride a bike.
Riding technique on different bicycles
There are a large number of bike models. Each of them has its own peculiarities in management. If you are starting out on a two-wheeled bike, you should adjust the saddle so that your foot is straight when you touch the pedal. Then you need to understand how the brakes work. Start with the rear brake. Sit in the saddle and hold the rear brake handle and try to maintain balance. Just lift your feet off the ground. This will help you master the principle of balance on a 2-wheeled bike and see if you are comfortable in the seat.
To start moving, you need to push off the ground. If you need to get off your bike or feel like you are falling, you should apply the brakes. The bike must always go straight. If you understand that the technique is leaning to the left, then you should turn in the same direction. The turn can be done at both high and low speed. If you are moving slowly, you can turn using the steering wheel.
If you want to learn how to ride a high-speed bike, then you should choose a technique for your height and weight. This will ensure your maximum comfort.
The hallmark of speed bikes is gearing. The main function of such a device is to facilitate the movement of the cyclist. Thanks to them, a person will be able to freely overcome his path.
There are several rules for using broadcasts:
- if you start climbing, then you should select a mode in advance that will reduce the speed;
- watch the chain carefully. there should be no distortions;
- try to switch gears only while driving;
- try to avoid a sharp gear change, wait until your vehicle starts to fully work in the selected mode, and then switch;
- to avoid breakdowns and malfunctions, you should not start driving with the fastest gear.
If your choice fell on a mountain bike, then it should also be selected in relation to your height and weight.
On average, this vehicle weighs from 7 to 20 kilograms. The difference in weight depends on which model is presented. If the bike weighs up to 10 kilograms, then this is a typical carbon model. If the bike weighs more than 13 kilograms, then this model is suitable for downhill or freeride (descent from unprepared peaks).
There are three types of mountain bikes. Choose a model based on your interests.
If your choice fell on a rigid mountain bike, then Honor should have no suspension, which means that such a bike will not require frequent repairs. This model is best used on simple roads, as off-road driving will bring you discomfort. To date, the most expensive model among mountain bikes is considered a 2-suspension. But despite its high cost, such a bike is perfect for off-road riding due to the front and rear suspension.
For beginners, the hardtail model is recommended as it has a rigid rear wheel and front suspension.
As already noted, mountain bikes are designed for off-road riding, and therefore an integral part of the equipment is a helmet that should not squeeze your ears and obstruct your view. A distinctive feature of mountain bikes can be called their very structure, namely, the presence of mud gaps. This design is ideal for off-road driving. The bike is equipped with tires that have a combined or off-road pattern. This method of protecting the tire from the inside will prevent damage to the wheels due to a difficult route.
Mountain bike wheels are equipped with high-strength rims that can withstand constantly increasing loads. The standard equipment for mountain bikes is the presence of two suspensions. on the rear and front wheels. But suspension on the front wheel is also allowed. There are a few things to keep in mind when riding a mountain bike.
When going up a steep incline, you may notice that the front wheel is lifting off the ground. To avoid this, shift your weight forward. This will help to shift the center of gravity and balance between the wheels. When descending, you may have a problem of the opposite nature. You may feel that your bike might tip over forward. To avoid this, you need to step on the pedals, while keeping your knees bent, and move your body back a little, thereby moving to the edge of the seat.
Before you start training, you need to remember that the main thing is a well-adjusted seat. Correct adjustment will allow you to rest your foot on the ground when starting to move. You will need special clothing to ride a bike.
After all the preparations, you first need to learn how to ride a bike. To do this, walk on one side of it, keeping one of your hands on the steering wheel.
This exercise is necessary in order to see how the bike will behave when bending the body and turning the arms. When you get a feel for the bike, you can move on to riding. When boarding a bike, you need to relax and not panic. Your body weight should be evenly distributed over your limbs. You need to move smoothly, trying to avoid sudden movements. Try to look ahead, not under your feet.
Unlike a child, it is much easier for an adult to master the skill of cycling. This is due to the fact that the muscular system of an adult is much better developed. But in stressful situations, an adult can become very squeezed, and such a simple incident as a fall can discourage the desire to study further for a long time.
The first thing an adult should learn is to maintain balance while sitting on a bicycle.
To do this, you can lower the bike seat down and remove the pedals. So a person can lean on the ground and not get injured.
Training should start on a flat road.
When a person feels confident, then you can move to areas with more uneven terrain. You can return the pedals only when the student has mastered the simplest maneuvers. You should be aware that the pedals should not be turned when cornering, as the risk of falling off the bike increases. To maintain balance, turn the steering wheel towards your tilt.
If you are a beginner, then you should not put too much stress on yourself right away. At first, it is recommended to drive no more than a kilometer a day. When you feel that the distance is too short for you, then you can increase the distance. When a person has learned to keep his balance, he can try to drive on his own. If the student is not yet able to deal with the pedals, then you should stay close to him in case the person loses control or forgets about the brakes.
If you decide to teach your child to ride a sports bike, then you can start at the age of two. For a start, the child can start learning on a bicycle with additional wheels. By the age of four, you can change to a two-wheeled analogue. If you are not sure that your child will be able to ride it, then analogs can be used for training.
Before you put your child on a bike, you should think about his safety. For this, it is recommended to purchase a helmet, as well as protection for the elbows and knees. Don’t forget about shoes. It must be closed and securely fix the leg.
When all precautions have been taken, you can begin training.
First, choose a vehicle that suits your child. Determining if the correct model has been chosen is quite simple. Make sure your child’s feet reach the ground and are slightly bent when boarding the bike. Put your baby behind the wheel and put his feet on the pedals. Supporting the child from the side, roll the bike. This helps the cyclist learn to balance faster.
For the first trainings, an apartment is suitable. In a familiar environment, the child will be more comfortable.
When the baby feels more confident in the saddle, you can take walks in an open area such as a park.
But remember that teaching a child to ride a bike requires extra attention to detail:
- while riding, make sure that the child keeps his back straight;
- skating after eating should be excluded;
- for children under 13 years old, it is enough to drive up to ten kilometers, for children under 15 years old, the distance can be increased up to twenty kilometers.
Features of training
You can learn to ride a bike at any age. Consider the difference between teaching adults and children.
Let’s list a few recommendations of experts that will be useful for a novice cyclist.
- When skating, one should be prepared not only physically, but also psychologically. Nobody is safe from injuries and falls. The key to cycling is perseverance.
- It should be remembered that at low speeds it will be quite difficult for you to maintain your balance. So try to keep your pace at a moderate pace to make it easier for you to ride.
- You don’t have to be pinched. The tension will tire your muscles faster, and your desire to ride a bike will quickly disappear. Smooth movements should be made.
- You do not need to grip the handlebar with all your strength, but you should also not let go if you want to avoid injury.
- It is forbidden to carry out sharp braking.
- If you decide to ride, then it is useful to get a bicycle helmet. You should always ride in it to avoid injury.
- At the beginning of your training, try to travel short distances. Increase the distance as you gain skill. But never forget that you should be comfortable.
- Your vehicle should be equipped for your comfort. Do not rush to ride a bike if something does not suit you. Try to change to another model.
In the next video, you will learn the basic rules for beginners to learn how to ride a bike with confidence.
At the first stage, it was quite difficult to learn how to keep balance. This is the hardest moment to get on your bike and lift both feet off the ground. At first it didn’t work at all.
Then I began to hold the bike, and she tried to put both feet on the pedals. Here, too, you need a lot of patience, otherwise you will start to lose your temper and get angry that the child is not doing anything, thereby destroying his desire to learn. Calmly, patiently teach the child, then he will go on his own, without your help.
After the first successes, another problem began. After driving a few meters, the balance was lost, panic began, the bike wiggled, the daughter jumped off it, and again tried to ride.
I held it on the side, then behind the wheel in the front, then behind. This went on for a week. We went out for a drive in the evenings, for 2-3 hours. But this week was worth a lot!
A week later, my child, to his own surprise, got on a bike and rode on his own, without my support. For another week, we developed the skills of driving with turns, turns, on uneven surfaces.
Now we ride constantly, we go for a walk on the school field, where she cuts circles for several hours. Riding a bike is useful (see the article “Is it useful to ride a bike”), all muscles tightened, the fullness left the hips. At first, the daughter complained that her legs hurt a little after riding, now the pains have passed and cycling is only a joy.
How to teach adults
It is more difficult for an adult to learn something new, even such seemingly nonsense as cycling, while for a child, learning to ride a bicycle is much easier. But in fact, this technique is not so simple, because you need not only to be able to keep balance and pedal, but also to enter the turns correctly, brake smoothly and start correctly. To learn how to ride a bike in the shortest possible time, you need to study the instructions below.
Teaching a child to ride with spaced wheels
It is already clear now that at that time it was necessary to buy a bicycle with attached wheels at the back. Then there would be much less problems with training.
In theory, it would look like this:
- First, the child rides a two-wheeled bicycle and two additional wheels on the sides. They will not let the child fall in any direction.
- Later, the child gets used to it and one wheel is removed. At the same time, they are asked to try to ride so as not to get up on the additional wheel.
- As soon as you feel that the child has already got used to it, the last wheel is removed and learning to ride on two wheels begins.
Learning to Ride: Landing
We put our beauty on a bicycle with difficulty. Teenagers at this age are terribly insecure and not confident in themselves and their strengths.
She was capricious and claimed that she would never be able to go, that she had no sense of balance at all. In the end, through long persuasion, she agreed to study.
How to teach to ride a bike
Choosing a bike
I asked everyone who could, on the subject: how to choose a bike for a child, it turned out that there are much more pitfalls than when choosing an adult mountain bike (see the article “choosing a mountain bike”). I found out that it is necessary to choose a bike according to height, so that the feet touch the ground when the rider is sitting on the harness. The seat on bicycles is usually adjustable so it can be adjusted to the desired height.
Learn How to Ride a Bicycle | Adult Learning to ride a bike
Teach a child to ride a bike (experience of friends)
I think each of the parents faced this problem. the child has nothing to do during the holidays. It’s good if there are grandparents in the village who will take your child for the summer, or there is an opportunity to take vouchers to health camps. And if not, your child will wander around the house, demanding attention, and you will not explain to him that you have a job. Or sit day and night at the computer, fighting monsters. Summer, there are no children in the courtyards, many have gone on vacation. The child has nothing to do.
I found a way out for myself and bought a bicycle for my child. I have a daughter, 13 years old. There was no one to teach to ride. neither I nor my wife know how to ride a bicycle. So, more theoreticians than practitioners.
What is a bike?
It would seem that the answer to the question “what is a bicycle?” even a small child knows, but we are interested in the wording of the concept of a bicycle from paragraph 1.2 of the traffic rules:
“Bicycle” means a vehicle, other than wheelchairs, which has at least two wheels and is generally propelled by the muscular energy of the persons on the vehicle, in particular by pedals or handles, and may also have an electric motor with a rated maximum power in the mode of continuous load not exceeding 0.25 kW, automatically disconnected at a speed of more than 25 km / h.
At this point, we are primarily interested in the phrase “vehicle”, tk. it is she who emphasizes that all points of the road traffic rules relating to vehicles also apply to bicycles.
I would also like to draw your attention to the fact that in 2021 bicycles may have a low power electric motor (up to 0.25 kW), which automatically turns off at a speed of 25 km / h.
The second concept that should be considered within the framework of this article is a pedestrian:
“Pedestrian”. a person who is outside a vehicle on the road or on a pedestrian or bicycle path and does not work for them. Persons moving in wheelchairs, driving a bicycle, moped, motorcycle, carrying a sled, trolley, baby or wheelchair, as well as using roller skates, scooters and other similar means for movement are equated with pedestrians.
Please note that the bike driver is not a pedestrian while driving. However, the person riding the bicycle is a pedestrian.
In this regard, bicycle owners have a rather interesting opportunity. If desired, any cyclist can easily become a pedestrian and vice versa.
So, if necessary, the cyclist can get off the bike and follow the points of the rules intended for pedestrians (for example, cross the road on an unregulated pedestrian crossing).
Dedicated lanes for public transport
In addition, in 2021, cyclists can move in dedicated lanes for public transport. Clause 18.2 of the Rules:
18.2. On roads with a lane for route vehicles, marked with signs 5.11.1, 5.13.1, 5.13.2 and, 5.14, the movement and stopping of other vehicles on this lane are prohibited, with the exception of:
On lanes for route vehicles cyclists are allowed if such a strip is located on the right.
Please note that a cyclist can only enter a public transport lane if this lane is marked with one of the signs listed above. In addition, there should be no additional conditions prohibiting entry to the specified lane.
For example, in some Russian cities the movement is organized as follows. In fact, the road has a dedicated lane for route vehicles and all road users understand this. However, from the point of view of traffic rules, the lane is not indicated by the signs listed above. Just at the entrance a sign 3.1 “brick” is installed on it.
The requirements of this sign can only be ignored by drivers of public transport. The rest of the vehicles, including cyclists, cannot pass under the “brick”.
In the dark, the headlights or lanterns should be on on the bike, and in the daytime, the dipped headlights or daytime running lights:
19.1. At night and in conditions of insufficient visibility, regardless of the lighting of the road, as well as in tunnels, the following lighting devices must be switched on on a moving vehicle:
on all motor vehicles and mopeds. high or low beam headlights, on bicycles. headlights or flashlights, on horse-drawn carts. flashlights (if any);
19.5. During daylight hours, on all moving vehicles for the purpose of their identification, dipped headlights or daytime running lights must be switched on.
Until now, I have not met a single cyclist who would use dipped headlights or daytime running lights when driving during the day. In this regard, traffic police officers can impose a fine on almost any bicycle driver.
Traffic rules for cyclists in 2021
As soon as the weather is warm enough over the central part of Russia, the number of two-wheeled vehicles increases significantly. Hundreds of bicycle and moped riders appear on city streets and merge into heavy traffic.
According to my observations, at least 80 percent of drivers of two-wheeled vehicles, for whom a driver’s license is not required, have absolutely no idea about the rules of the road and leave the road completely unprepared.
Traffic rules for moped and scooter drivers were discussed in one of the previous articles on pddmaster.ru. Well, today it’s time to take a detailed look at traffic rules for cyclists.
Naturally, the cyclist must know and follow the requirements of the rules relating to him, so I recommend that all cycling enthusiasts study this article. In addition, even if you do not have a bicycle, you also need to study the rules of a cyclist on the road, so that in the event of an accident involving a bicycle driver, you can immediately identify the violation of the rules and clearly indicate this to the traffic police officer.
Technical condition of the bike
2.3. The driver of the vehicle is obliged:
2.3.1. Before leaving, check and, on the way, ensure the good technical condition of the vehicle in accordance with the Basic Provisions for the Admission of Vehicles to Operation and the duties of officials to ensure road safety (hereinafter. the Basic Provisions).
Do not drive in the event of a malfunction service brake system, steering, a coupling device (as part of a road train), non-burning (missing) headlights and rear parking lights at night or in conditions of insufficient visibility, a wiper that does not work on the driver’s side during rain or snow.
So, the rules of the road prohibit the movement of a bicycle that has malfunctions in the service braking system or steering. And it’s not just about driving a bike with a broken steering wheel or brakes.
There are enthusiastic cyclists out there who try to reduce the weight of their bike in all sorts of ways. This includes the removal of brakes and other structural elements. The punishment for such a violation is provided for by the Code of Administrative Offenses and will be considered at the end of the article.
Where can you go by bike?
In 2021, 6 points of section 24 of the traffic rules (24.1. 24.6) are devoted to the movement of cyclists at once.
Cyclists over 14 years old can move in descending order:
- Cycle paths, bike paths or cyclists’ lane.
- On the right edge of the carriageway.
- By the side.
- On the sidewalk or footpath.
Please note that each subsequent item in the above list implies that the previous items are missing.
For example, on the side of the road (point 3), you can only drive if there is no cycle path or lane, and there is no possibility of driving along the right edge of the carriageway.
In addition, there are a few exceptions:
- You can ride on the carriageway if the width of the bike or load exceeds 1 meter.
- You can drive on the carriageway if the movement is carried out in columns.
- You can ride on the sidewalk or footpath if you are accompanying a cyclist under the age of 14 or transporting a child under the age of 7.
When driving on the carriageway, the following points of the rules should be borne in mind:
24.5. When cyclists move on the right edge of the carriageway in the cases provided for by these Rules, cyclists must move only in one row.
The movement of a column of cyclists in two rows is allowed if the overall width of the bicycles does not exceed 0.75 m.
The column of cyclists must be divided into groups of 10 cyclists in the case of single-lane traffic, or into groups of 10 pairs in the case of two-lane traffic. To facilitate overtaking, the distance between groups should be 80. 100 m.
Cyclists between the ages of 7 and 14 can move along sidewalks, walking, cycling and cycling paths, as well as within pedestrian zones.
Please note that “school cyclists” are not allowed to ride on cycle lanes, carriageways and curbs.
Cyclists under the age of 7 can only move with pedestrians (on sidewalks, pedestrian and bicycle paths, pedestrian zones).
Thus, in 2021, the movement of cyclists is possible, including on sidewalks and shoulders. At the same time, the cyclist’s rules impose additional requirements:
24.6. If the movement of a cyclist on a sidewalk, footpath, shoulder or within pedestrian zones endangers or interferes with the movement of other persons, the cyclist must dismount and be guided by the requirements provided for by these Rules for the movement of pedestrians.
Note that when driving on sidewalks, pedestrian paths, roadsides and pedestrian areas, a cyclist should not interfere with the movement of other persons. If necessary, the cyclist must get off the bike and continue as a pedestrian.
Let’s look at an interesting example. Suppose a car (in some cases permitted by the rules) and a cyclist are driving on the sidewalk. If a collision (accident) occurs, then both road users will be to blame. If the cyclist walks along the sidewalk, then he will not be to blame for an accident (he will not pay for car repairs).
Thus, paragraph 24.6 emphasizes that in the event Traffic accident on the sidewalk one of its culprits in any case will be a cyclist.
Bicycle riders must let pedestrians pass at crossings
14.1. The driver of a vehicle approaching an unregulated pedestrian crossing is obliged to give way to pedestrians crossing the road or entering the carriageway (tramway tracks) to make the crossing.
A bicycle, like any other vehicle, must slow down or stop before crossing to let pedestrians pass.
Learning to Ride a Bike