Reasons for a puncture of the camera
But there are reasons that are associated with a negligent attitude towards your “iron horse”. For example, if the tube is punctured from the side of the rim. At this point, it is often pierced by the head of the spoke. This is because the tape that runs between the rim and the tube wears out. In this case, it is very difficult to protect it from the needles. To prevent punctures from forming, wrap duct tape around the rim to protect the spoke area. Next, put on the old tape on top, or better get a new, tougher tape.
If there are scuffs or cuts on the tube on the side of the rim, then it was not pumped well. Because of this, the camera was slightly mobile while driving, which led to a puncture. And the last thing: if there are no holes, but the camera still lowered, then you need to check the strength of the nipple by immersing it in water. If this is the case, the part will have to be replaced.
How to put the wheel back together
- We pump up the camera and check the quality of our repairs, looking for missed damage.
- Letting out the air.
- Carefully place the camera inside the tire.
- Using the mounting kit, we install the tire and the camera on the rim, it is better to pump it up a little beforehand.
- The wheel is fully inflated and locked into place.
Bicycle Camera Glue
When there is nothing to replace the punctured camera with or you just don’t want to spend money on buying a new one, then glue and a rubber patch will come to the rescue.
Another method of bonding the patch and the tire is vulcanization. This method is usually used for repairing car tires, but it is also suitable for a bicycle. The point is to create maximum heating of the tire and patch, in which they will simply fuse into a single whole. You can glue any rubber in this way.
Take note! There are household vulcanizers made by craftsmen on their own. They are a hollow, all-metal cylinder and a large crossbar on supports, pressing this makeshift stove to a patch. Small wood chips are stored inside the cylinder, set on fire, and a household vulcanizer begins to heat up the patch.
Removing a wheel from a bike
- First, we disconnect the brakes (if they are rim) and remove the fenders if they interfere with dismantling.
- We turn the bike upside down, lean on the handlebar and seat. Some call it. mounting position.
- We unscrew the retaining bolts or eccentrics and remove the wheel.
клею камеру быстрой латкой,glue chamber fast Latka.
How to locate a bicycle tube puncture at home
This task is not as simple as it might seem. It is somewhat simplified if we consider that most of the damage occurs in the lower 2/3 of the total height of the chamber. But there are also exceptions: damage by a broken rim tape or metal threads to a bicycle tire.
Find damage at home, for subsequent gluing, you can use these methods.
- Dip the damaged rubber into a container of water. Rotate until air bubbles appear. Now the search for damage for subsequent gluing becomes much easier at times;
- If there is no water, then finely dispersed road dust can serve well. Pump up the chamber to increase the internal pressure and bring it close to the dust surface. Now you just have to fix the place where the dust scatters;
- This method is good for calm weather. Wet the inside of your wrist and bring the camera to it. As in the previous description, it is desirable to first increase the pressure inside the rubber;
- If the damage is strong, then the puncture site is easily determined by ear.
A way to repair a camera without glue
There is a way out if there is a strong lace or soft wire. The principle is simple. you need to isolate the puncture site.
The puncture site is located and on both sides of it the camera is tightly tied and mounted back.
Thus, you can get to the house or to the place of repair.
Repair of the chamber without the participation of glue is a vulcanization method. This is absolute reliability and durability.
You need raw rubber, gasoline for degreaser and a vulcanizer (heater equipped with a clamp).
The puncture site is cleaned, degreased, a patch of raw rubber is laid on it and covered with paper on top. Then the prepared product is placed in a vulcanizing clamp and left to cook for 5-10 minutes until fully cooked.
The raw rubber patch processed in this way becomes a monolithic part of the chamber.
How to choose a glue for a bicycle camera and how to glue it?
Puncture or puncture of a bicycle wheel on domestic roads will surprise few people. Whether this will happen from a defect in the road surface or clogging of the carriageway with sharp-piercing objects, the result is the same. tire fitting. Some go to specialists, others act independently.
To fix a punctured wheel, special knowledge and skills are not required, the order of work is the same, and consumables are available to everyone. By following these simple steps, you can save a lot.
Special repair kit for gluing cameras
Many bicycle component companies produce special repair kits. The repair kit includes.
- Sanding agent;
- Patches of different sizes and configurations;
The composition of the glue is selected specifically for the material of the patch included in the kit. It is not surprising that gluing with other materials can be ineffective. The amount of glue is strictly calculated for the number of seals.
Repairing a wheel with a patch
Very often there are unforeseen circumstances when there is no special kit nearby and, naturally, the thought arises: how to seal the damaged camera? A patch should be made by cutting it out of any raw rubber. It can be any old tire, automotive or technical rubber material. Almost any rubber compound adheres the patch, but it is not recommended to use household and quick-hardening types. How to properly glue the hole was described above, that is, the method is similar to how to glue the patch.
In life, there are also such cases when the rider was left without tools and glue at all, but you need to successfully get home. This requires knowing how to glue the camera without glue. We perform the following simple actions: we clean the tire properly and apply a patch to it so that, with powerful inflation, the pressure presses it.
If there is no patch, tape or a wet polyethylene bag will come in handy. In this work, the parts are glued only with the most smooth surfaces without gaps.
Find out how to do it yourself:
It is important to know: the above repair methods are temporary and work subject to strict restrictions.
- the contacting parts must be clean and smooth;
- a constant maximum pressure should be ensured;
- shock loading of the wheel must be avoided.
If the trouble still overtook you on the way, you need to know in advance how to properly glue the bike camera and what kind of glue is better to use. Then replacement and repair will not seem like a difficult task either on the way or near the house. Do not forget to regularly pump up the chamber to a certain pressure and in time to change the parts of the iron horse worn out by time.
How to glue a bicycle tube yourself
As a rule, a person with a bicycle, one way or another, is faced with the problem of a puncture of a wheel. It’s one thing if the air comes out of the camera at home, but a problem that caught you by surprise makes you think: how to glue the bicycle camera yourself and what type of repair to choose?
This situation, unfortunately, happens to cyclists quite often, so it is recommended to have several spare cameras on hand. Going on a hike, it is reasonable to take with you a special repair kit (bicycle first-aid kit), which greatly facilitates the task of gluing and saves time. But, you can do without the kit and properly glue the camera with your own hands.
We glue the bike tire ourselves (click to enlarge)
Как заклеять велокамеру /\ How to glue the camera )
Seal the bike camera with a homemade patch
Of all the sealing options, this one is the least reliable. Any rubber glue can be used as an adhesive. The latter must be selected so that it does not burst at the bends when gluing. As for the reliability of gluing, here is pure luck. As they say, at your own peril and risk.
How to properly glue the bike camera
So, you have found the place where the rubber of the bike was damaged. Now is the time to start home repairs and seal the damage. The procedure for gluing is as follows.
- If the surface of your bicycle tube is wet (you dipped it in water looking for a defect), wait until it is completely dry. Plus, all air must be removed from it before gluing;
- Using emery paper or a perforated metal plate, sand the area to be glued. The size of the sanding area should be 10 mm larger than the patch diameter. After sanding, try not to touch this area with your hands. Otherwise, it will not be possible to glue firmly;
- Remove a layer of protective film from the surface of the patch;
- Apply glue. It can be applied in different ways: on the puncture site, patches, or on both surfaces at the same time. Pay attention to the indicators indicated in the instructions: duration of exposure in air and the period of time required for complete polymerization of the glue;
- Press the patch to the damaged area, forcefully squeeze the air out from under it. Press down on the central part of it and gradually move towards the edges. The sealing procedure becomes much more effective if you put the bike camera on a flat surface, and then press down with a load for 5 minutes to seal the problem area more reliably.
Many argue that you can ride a bike immediately after gluing, but it is advisable to wait about half an hour.
So, you did everything right, and the camera still lowers over time, despite the sticking. The reasons may be as follows.
- The air continues to poison from under the patch. If you find this in one of the methods already described, you will have to do it all over again: remove the bicycle tire and stick the patch again;
- Check to see if there are any other punctures that are not as significant as the one already sealed? If there is, then they need to be glued;
- Air leaks at the nipple. They can be detected by applying a soap solution to the nipple. If characteristic bubbles are found, tighten the nipple with a wrench;
- The destruction of the metallized cord on the tires is great. The problem can be solved by replacing the tire. No amount of pulling the cord helps. If the bicycle tire is not replaced, tire punctures and sticking will occur regularly.
Covering the camera
- The surface is cleaned with gasoline, kerosene, D-40 or a damp cloth;
- Dries up;
- Sandpaper for better adhesion;
- The protective film is removed from the patch;
- Glue is applied to the patch area and wheel;
- The final stage is a tight joining of the glued surfaces, after fixing the object, it is advisable to fix the object with a vice.
The gluing time varies depending on the quality and specifics of the adhesive base. Instant glue solutions usually require a 30-minute fixing time, the rubber glue dries completely only a day after application.
Therefore, it is better to use glue for rubber surfaces at home, and glue with instant fixing is suitable for hiking.
Как правельно клеит камеру велосипеда. How to glue the camera of the bike.
After finishing the work, the camera must be pumped up and all the marked places must be checked. The patch itself does not have to be specially purchased, it can be cut from old cameras.
How to quickly glue a bicycle tube
Bikers don’t seem to have the more common breakdown that can cripple the very process of cycling comfortably. It’s a shame, because, as a last resort, you can continue driving on the rims if there is absolutely nothing to fix the breakdown. In addition, if you have sufficiently high-quality and expensive wheels, then every meter that you had to drive over bumps gives a pain in the biker’s heart. He sees the tire and rims deteriorating
First of all, we need to give some advice to those cyclists who find this article on the Internet, but they have nothing with them: neither a repair kit, nor a bicycle first aid kit. If there is absolutely nothing to glue the wheel, then you can continue the journey, however, with some precautions.
How to properly glue the bike camera
A bicycle tube is very vulnerable to punctures. Having run into even a small thorn, you can punch a hole. When hiking, far from home, you must have a patching repair kit with you, otherwise cycling may end very quickly. At home, it is much easier to glue the bicycle camera, since everything you need is at hand.
How to find a puncture
- If the puncture is large, the air released from it will be very audible. There may be other minor damage, so be sure to apply the following methods.
- Pump up the chamber, lower it into the water, either completely submerging, or gradually scrolling. Where the puncture is, air bubbles will be released. Remove the camera from the water, wipe it with a cloth, mark the damaged area with chalk or a marker.
- Make a soapy solution. Bubbles will inflate in the punctured area.
On a walk, where there is no water, you can strongly inflate the camera and try to find a hole using fine dust. For example, fine dust or sand on the road under a strong jet will swell to the sides.
When the puncture or incision is located at the junction of the pin with the chamber itself, it is best to completely replace the chamber immediately. Repair in this case will be short-lived.
What to do if the camera goes down
Descent after the repair carried out may indicate the following:
- the patch leaves and lets air through (dip in water to check);
- there are other punctures on the camera that were not sealed;
- the nipple allows air to pass through (you can tighten the spool or completely change the chamber in case of an unsatisfactory result);
- a cord (metal thin wire) has come out of the tire, which constantly makes new damage. The most correct thing is to replace the camera with a new.
What to do if there is no glue
The camera can be repaired without glue. To get home quickly, you can rewind the patch tightly with a material that is breathable but snug against the rubber. It can be some kind of tape, electrical tape, scotch tape.
There will not be a strong connection, which means you need to adhere to the rules:
- drive constantly so that the wheel and patch are always under load, and the patch does not move inside;
- it is better to move on a clean, flat road;
- do not overload the wheel.
Vulcanization is the most durable repair method. The patch is pressed tightly, then heating is done with a high temperature, so both surfaces are fused, forming a single material. Vulcanize in a tire fitting in a couple of minutes.
Repair kit or spare wheel?
The choice is made towards what is more convenient to apply in case of damage. A spare camera is more expensive and weighs more. For the use of a repair kit, certain conditions are required.
It is always desirable to have a repair kit. You don’t have to buy a spare if you have to drive close to home. But for long trips, a spare tire is required.
What glue to use
The glue must meet a number of requirements:
- after drying, the seam should not change properties during inflation / deflation of the wheel;
- dry as quickly as possible (especially important when the hole happened during a bike ride).
With regard to elasticity, any glue for gluing rubber is suitable, but not based on cyanoacrylate. everything that contains the words superglue, cyanoacrylate, cosmophen.
- Good glue Moment for rubber. It is inexpensive, easy to use, and easy to wash if it gets on your hands. Disadvantage. not suitable for quick repairs, since the sonnet is from 30 minutes to two hours.
- Adhesive for patches Tip-Top, however, dries for a very long time (2-4 hours).
- Red Sun quick-drying glue, which was mentioned above (from the repair kit of the same name). It takes 5-15 minutes for the glue to dry completely. Not for sale separately, can only be obtained with a set.
A few more representatives are written in the table.