Transportation for one bucket
We assemble a garden wheelbarrow for a summer cottage made of metal from the base:
- We measure metal sheets;
- Welding we connect them into a container of the desired geometry;
- We make a frame of pipes with the required axle load for the dimensions;
- We connect the base with the container with fasteners or welding;
- Sturdy wheel;
- We make parking stops;
- We put rubber hoses on the handles, for convenience.
The hand car is ready. You can carry out a crash test and send the product to the garden.
Any barrel can be adapted to a baud container. plastic, metal, wooden. With the latter, you have to tinker. From a barrel, two wheelbarrows or carts are obtained!
A construction or garden car is assembled in this order:
- We cut the barrel sentenced to ejection in half;
- We make a frame similar to “A”;
- Fasten the side posts to the frame, fixing the half of the barrel;
- Where the top of the letter is, the crepe wheel.
Important to know: don’t throw away old things, reusing them can be both fun and rewarding.!
We make out the handles, for which electrical tape, cellophane are suitable, and the homemade design is ready. Now we start assembling the second assistant.
How to make a wheelbarrow with your own hands. photo of a garden cart
Try to do without a wheelbarrow in the country or in a country house, but it will not work.
It is necessary for moving goods, harvested crops, fertilizers.
Where to begin
From a drawing, a scheme prompted by imagination. Everything made with your own hands lasts longer, brings more benefits, and also decorates the world around you.
- Metal scrap;
- Wheels from an old cart, bicycle, motorcycle, moped, scooter, baby carriage, furniture wheels, preserved from the Soviet times;
- Pipe cutting;
- Details from a broken exercise machine;
- Parking brake stop from a bicycle or motorcycle;
- Fasteners, connecting parts.
[Warning] Please note: as soon as it becomes clear which set of elements will be used, make a drawing. [/ Warning]
With the help of all this, more than one mobile structure can be assembled.
An old wheelbarrow or trolley that has served its life can become an exclusive decoration of the site.
Landscape designers often use these options for interesting flower arrangements. Everything is useful for landscape creativity at home.
Ground is placed in an old wheelbarrow, petunias or other flowers are planted, a beautiful decorative detail that attracts attention is obtained. To enhance the effect, add the same old vase, pot, broken cups, children’s toys, everything that is needed for the idea.
Old bed trolley
If the wheels from a motorcycle, an old Zaporozhets, a moped are lying around, and a bed with a carapace mesh interferes in the attic, we can assume that there is already a two-wheeled or four-wheeled self-propelled cart for the household:
- Cut out the mesh;
- For a quarrel or fasteners, we mount wheelsets;
- We make the bottom and side walls from a large metal sheet, for this both wood and pipes are suitable;
- We adapt the handle, U-shaped, so it is more convenient.
The trolley is powerful. Depending on whether it has a bottom. metal or another, you can transport a small hay. Useful for transporting firewood, building materials, will be especially relevant if construction is planned.
A wheelbarrow is distinguished from a trolley by the number of wheels. The design with one wheel is called a wheelbarrow, if there are more than one wheel, we are dealing with a trolley.
One-wheeled “technique” Indispensable for the garden, vegetable garden. Vehicle maneuverability is good for narrow stitches.
The minimum wheel width will help to transport the load neatly, and not damage the plants. The trolley is suitable for such tasks. But it is necessary at a construction site, barnyard, garbage collection that has accumulated after winter and much more.
It is reasonable to have both types on the farm, the wheelbarrow is NOT stable, one wheel requires tension when driving. Carries goods on two or four-wheeled structures more conveniently.
Another reason to get both a wheelbarrow and a trolley is to use it for different purposes. If manure is first removed from Skotniki, then it cannot be used for transporting crops from the orchard. Therefore, making yourself an assistant is the right decision.
About the benefits of home creativity
Fantasy is able to transform a trough into a car. From scattered pieces left after construction, make a beautiful wooden cart.
The wooden structure is useful for landscaping ideas. You can collect anything from scrap parts.
The benefits of such creativity have different sides:
- Financial. money is NOT spent, but a thing of acquisitions;
- Aesthetic. beautifully made things transform the interior;
- Educational. a good example for the younger generation;
- Creative. the embodiment of fantasy makes life NOT boring.
How to make a wheelbarrow with your own hands, see the instructions in the following:
Wheels and tires
First of all, you should inflate the wheels to the maximum specified values for the tires. This will extend their life and reduce pedaling energy consumption. Accordingly, it will become easier to control the bike. A poorly inflated tube increases the risk of wheel puncture. The downside of a coolly pumped up camera is the reduced damping effect.
When you turn the wheel by hand, it does not have to touch the rim or make extraneous noise. In the latter case, it is worth disassembling the wheel hub and lubricating it. Side-to-side divergence of the wheel as it spins indicates an edge rim or bad tire.
At the final stage, you need to stretch the spokes. This procedure is useful if some of the needles are overtightened. Please note that all wheel spokes must be equally tensioned. Therefore, changing the tension on one spoke will re-adjust the tension on the entire wheel. This will require a special spoke wrench, patience and practice.
instructions for cleaning and lubricating the chain:
If rim brakes are installed, check the cables for rust deposits. In the case when the cables run smoothly, it is enough to spray WD40. When the brake pads are used up more than two thirds, they must be replaced.
The presence of a hydraulic brake system on a bicycle provides for inspection of brake levers, free wheeling. It is important to check the system for air in the event that the bike was stored in a suspended state.
The dampness of the room could cause moisture to enter the brake fluid. Therefore, it is worth changing it and pumping the brakes:
– Put the brake lever in a position in which the expansion tank will be placed horizontally;
– put a cambric on the bleed bolt and lower it into a container to collect excess brake fluid;
– Using an asterisk 3-4, Unscrew the expansion tank cap;
– fill in brake fluid to the specified level;
– smoothly press the handle until it squeezes tight;
– Unscrew the bleed bolt with a wrench and immediately tighten it, Do not release the handle and Do not forget to add fluid to the expansion tank. As a result, the pen should find a tight move.
It is important to control the filling of brake fluid: if it gets on the pads or brake disc, this will lead to a deterioration in the functional qualities of the brake system.
The first step is to clean and lubricate your bike chain. These manipulations will avoid cracking while driving, increase the pedaling efficiency, protect the chain from stretching and increase its service life. The latter is especially important, since an unusable chain will be a prerequisite for the breakdown of such transmission elements as the front gears, cassette and rear derailleur.
Based on the fact that the bicycle chain needs to be replaced after a certain period of time, it must be checked. To make sure that the chain is in good condition, it is worth taking measurements from it using an ordinary caliper or a special wear meter. Using a caliper provides for the following actions: set the level to 119 mm, move the device into the chain pins and maximize the Spread. Length parameters 119.7-120.5 mm indicate normal. If the obtained value is greater, the chain requires replacement.
To clean tenaciously, it is best to use a chain hook. Its main advantage is simplicity and ease of use. All that is required is to put on a chainstore and turn the pedals in the opposite direction. The brushes inside the device and detergent will effectively clean it from all kinds of dirt.
Another cleaning option involves self-cleaning. For its implementation, it is necessary to remove the chain, put it for a while in a jar with acetone, kerosene or white spirit, shake it up, remove it and wipe it dry with a rag.
Today there are a huge number of lubricants on the market: for dry and wet (Wet) weather, aerosol and liquid, as well as universal. The advantage of liquid lubricant is that it can be dripped directly into the desired location. The main advantage of the aerosol is its penetration into the difficultly permissible parts of the chain.
The best option would be to store pre-lubricated tenaciously in a case. This is practical enough. When spring comes, you need to get it and dress it.
Inexpensive bicycles have simple spring-elastomer forks. To service them, cleaning with flushing of the inside and adding new grease will be sufficient. Dear VELOBIKES predict the presence of a spring-or air-oil plug. For maintenance, it is advisable to contact a bicycle master.
Regardless of the type of suspension fork, after winter, you need to wipe your feet from dust and lubricate them with Teflon or silicone spray, swinging the fork with your body weight during lubrication.
Bulkhead instruction for suspension fork:. Bleeding the brake system:. Maintenance of the bike after winter
For the avid extreme cyclist, there is no concept of “seasonality.” His “iron horse” does not stay idle regardless of the weather outside the window. However, most cycling enthusiasts still prefer to mothball their equipment for the winter.
With the coming of the new season, you should take care of your bike and do full maintenance. Storage conditions of equipment are of great importance in carrying out operational diagnostics. If the bike “warmed up” in the apartment all winter, all it needs is chain lubrication and tire inflation. Another thing is when he overwintered in the garage or on a non-glazed balcony. The impact of moisture will certainly affect the mechanism of technology.
Maintenance of the bike after winter includes step-by-step diagnostics of all functional elements of the mechanism, elimination of identified malfunctions and correct adjustment.
If, during sudden braking with the front brake, a characteristic sound is emitted in the form of a knock in the steering column, it is necessary to carry out its full maintenance and eliminate the problem. The slight slack that can be found when a finger is inserted between the frame and the fork is eliminated by tightening the column. Checking the chain drive involves checking the carriage, left and right connecting rod for backlash.
Correct adjustment of the cable-operated gearshift will ensure the reliability of the bike‘s performance during operation. Therefore, it is important to check the functionality of all gears by shifting to all sprockets. In the case when the chain is observed jumping off the extreme sprockets or jumping jerk, it is important to adjust the shifting mechanism.
Maintaining your bike after winter: common problems
- Noisy gear shifting is an indicator of chain wear.
- The presence of extraneous noise when driving, which disappears at the moment of stopping pedaling, indicates a poorly adjusted rear derailleur.
- The simplest cause of poor braking is the presence of dirt and grease on the brake pad or disc.
- The lack of parallelism in the placement of the brake pad to the rim is the cause of the whistle. The front edge of the pad should be 1mm closer to the rim than the rear.
We recommend that you familiarize yourself with this review. You will see how to properly maintain your bike after winter and what to pay special attention to:
Bicycle storage trays
When storing several bicycles, you have to ghouls them on the wall and on top of each other.
This is not always convenient, especially when someone props up your bike and has to pull it out.
An ordinary wooden pallet for transporting goods can solve the problem.
It fixes bikes in an upright position, making them much more convenient to use.
DIY bike homemade products
On our site you will find the most interesting homemade bike products collected by enthusiast craftsmen around the world. Most of them can be made by hand, with a minimum of tools on hand. From homemade products for a bicycle Presented including:
- Solutions used to improve bicycles and expand their scope (strollers, racks, trunks, etc.).
- All kinds of products made from bicycle components (furniture, souvenirs, wall clocks, tools).
- Non-standard bike models from professional designers and DIYers.
- Indoor and outdoor bike storage (parking, racks).
We will also be glad if you add any of your own DIY bike with descriptions and photos.
Bicycle all-terrain vehicle
With the onset of winter, such a bike becomes more than relevant.
He walks well on snow and ice, and it is impossible to fall on it, while being injured.
Homemade cycling sprocket watch
From the rear and front bicycle sprockets, you can make an excellent homemade watch with an original look with your own hands.
The easiest option is to attach a large chainring to a round base (plastic, wood, chipboard) using screws, bolts or even glue.
Well, displaying arrows and adding numbers is no longer a problem (by the way, you can NOT add them).
Homemade catamaran made of a bicycle and plastic water bottles
Simple and cheap homemade catamaran for stagnant water and rivers with not very strong currents.
For production you need a bicycle, large water bottles, a furniture board, several boards and a metal profile (corner).
Bicycle exercise bike
An ascetic exercise bike made of a bicycle. Do not look at the external unattractiveness, the simulator works and the most important thing is elementary and cheap.
The homemade product was sent by German Izmalkova
The bicycle has a frame on which two toothed rims made in the form of arcs are mounted with the possibility of rotation on rods around the centers of their initial circles
the rear wheel through bushings connected with the wheel through free-wheeling mechanisms of one direction of action, both of these engagement are the same. The shafts of THESE rods of toothed rims, on which they rotate on the frame, have a rigid connection with the consoles with pedals, and at the same time these consoles are connected to each other by a flexible connection, for example, a cable that passes through a block Mounted on the frame with the possibility of rotation.
Bicycle frame bar stools
It turns out bar stools can be made from bicycles.
It is enough to remove the wheels from them and fix them along the bar so that they hold tight and there is a passage between them.
True, the convenience of such chairs is doubtful, probably, you should still remove the back of the frames so that no one stumbles over them.
Bicycle frame fence
From bicycle frames and metal pipes of small diameter, you can quickly assemble an original fence for a garden or other plot of land.
Winter bike storage locations and the most common bike problems
In most cases, the owners send this vehicle for the winter to a place where it can NOT interfere with anyone. After that, very often bicycles stand on balconies, in garages and sheds. The luckiest fables are left in the apartment.
What cycling diseases do you have to face if you leave vehicles under the influence of snow, rain and frost??
- Every metal part of a two-wheeled vehicle can suffer from rust. Over time, it will be difficult to say goodbye to her. Thus, the bike’s shelf life will gradually come to an end.
- Rubber on wheels is also afraid of sudden changes in temperature. Winter frosts (even if there are no drops) also negatively affect her condition. Due to the factors described, rubber loses its natural elasticity, and cracks appear on it.
Fault that you need to contact the bike workshop
- When the brake pads wear off.
- The presence of a “eight” wheel (while driving, the wheels dangle from side to side).
- Incorrect operation of the switches (when you press them, a crunch is heard, but the switching itself does not occur).
- Wobbling of the steering wheel (when the front brake is pressed, the bike slows down a jerk. This reaction indicates the presence of play in the steering block).
Professionals advise: if during the first inspection you did NOT identify any problems, but something does not function correctly while driving, it is better to contact the masters. The owner of a steel horse himself cannot always repair it at home.
In a word, the bike does NOT have so many units with which breakdowns can occur. Most often, bike owners have to deal with improper operation of switches, wiping of the brake (when driving, a “chug-chukh” sound is heard) and “eight” wheels. Various backlashes are considered no less dangerous for a bicycle.
If there are steering or wheel backlashes, and the owner ignores such breakdowns and drives on, then the bearings may soon break, the bearing seat and you will have to hurry up with replacing the carriage, steering, bushing.
Proper preparation of the iron friend for the season
To avoid such troubles, bicycles must be examined after winter. Ideally, if you have done without the maintenance of the two-wheeled horse in the fall, then do not refuse this procedure in the spring. Nevertheless, it is quite possible to inspect the transport and slightly repair it at home.
The bicycle master argue that if the owner of the bike correctly mothballed it before winter, then after spring nothing bad should happen to him either. Twisting Some details are not a problem at all. But, Despite this, in order to create conditions for a safe ride, you should completely inspect the two-wheeled car.
- Listen to the chain. If you used a quality lubricant, then during the winter It will not be able to dry out. And if you had to lubricate the chain with a cheap tool (for example, solid oil or lithol), then during the winter period the lubricant will dry out and a second procedure will be required. Then turn the pedals. During scrolling, the chain does not have to emit squeaks. In addition, the stars are being cleaned.
- Pump up the wheels. Inflation is carried out to the maximum values indicated on the tires. The better to pump up the wheels, the easier it rolls and the less chance of puncturing it.
- After the above, check each wheel for play. The wheels spin, stagger in different directions, so that there is no dangling. Clamp the front wheel between your feet and align it with the handlebars. Bicycle Spoke Tension. Final Step of Wheel Inspection.
- Braking is a very important procedure. Engage your bicycle brake pads first (if you released them before the winter season), then spin the wheels. When the brake comes into contact with the rim, return to wheel alignment. If the pads are working properly, you need to spin the wheel and press the brake. Too strong or weak brakes Should alert the bike owner. The malfunction may depend on the tightening of the cables, brake pads. And brake fluid can also leak. Remember to check the tightness of the bolts and note if the brakes do NOT squeak when braking.
- It is worth making sure that the bike wheel (and the wheels too) runs smoothly, and there is a backlash in it. Scrolling to the right and left will serve as a check. If there is wobbling, the bolts are tightened to get rid of it.
- Check the pedals and connecting rods for tightness on the shaft. The knots are tightened as much as possible. Loose tightening can cause bicycle pedals to fall off while riding the Iron Horse due to continuous revolutions.
- At the very end, it is worth checking the operation of the speed switches. But do not forget to lubricate the chain before doing this. If it is dry, the shift will be very tight. If the switches DO NOT function as expected, you should immediately contact Velomaster.
Bicycle technical support after winter
Cycling is a real pleasure that musicians, actors, artists, poets, writers and ordinary people love to give themselves. Probably only while cycling can I bite the freedom and joy of movement.
Some cycling enthusiasts cannot deny themselves the pleasure of riding a bike even in winter. If you buy special winter bicycle tires, then you can NOT part with your beloved friend and use it for its intended purpose throughout the winter months.
However, to be honest, NOT everyone will agree to be such extremists. Often, when the cold, rainy season begins, people hide their bicycles so that they can get behind the wheel again only with the onset of heat.
All this, of course, is good, but the only unpleasant thing that can ruin the mood while cycling is damage to the iron friend.
What should be the wintering of a bicycle
It turns out that it is important not only to determine the condition of the vehicle before the season, but also to ensure it has a correct wintering.
- Choose a storage location. Your Iron Second can be adversely affected by factors such as sun, moisture and frost. For this reason, storing a bicycle on the balcony during the cold season is strictly prohibited. The bike needs a dry room, no cold and no sunlight. You can leave the chained horse in a closet or garage. And so on until the first warm days come. No one wants to have a rusty bike that has cracked and peeled paint on the frame.
- Arrange a conservation fable. First, wipe off all transport parts with a damp cloth. Lubricate every weak point, especially the chain. There is a special machine for this. Also, if you have a typewriter, you can use a small brush. Treat the chain using machine oil or special polymer Teflon grease. The clean, lubricated chain is removed from the vehicle and hidden during spring days. In addition to this important detail, it is worth cleaning and lubricating every speed star and bike cable. Front as well as rear derailleurs are placed on small sprockets.
- Try to protect the paint and saddle. The leather saddle is lubricated with fat-wax ointment (for a plastic one, wiping with a regular rag is suitable). By the way, it is also better to keep it separate from the whole bike. For reliable protection of the paint and varnish covering the product frame, use a wax based polish. If you are going to leave the bike in your home for the winter, you can only apply one thin coat. If you plan to store your bike in the garage, make the layer thicker.
- Take care of the wheels. The bike can be stored on wheels or removed. How to avoid potential rim deformation? If you hang the bike from the frame, the tires will not inflate to their maximum limits. In the event that the fable has to stand all the time on wheels, then they need to be pumped up completely. However, the ideal option is to remove the wheels from the bike to store them separately.
In fact, if the bike does not have any major breakdowns, then maintenance is NOT a problem or difficulty. By following the simple guidelines described above, you can make the bike serve its owner for many more years. Therefore, we take care of our steel friend according to the rules, and for this he will always delight you with his excellent technical condition.
A transmission is understood as a set of assemblies and parts: a cassette, a chain, a ratchet, a speed switch. The bike chain is the second in line, requiring regular maintenance. If there is a special lock, then removing the chain is NOT difficult. If not, you will have to use a squeeze to help the chain to be removed easily. The rules for the care of this part include cleaning the chain from dirt, controlling the tension and lubricating the rollers.
A set of rear sprockets, called a cassette, is also cleaned of dirt and dust using solvents. They use a puller for this. a special device, with which it is easier to remove and install cassettes even for a cyclist without experience.
How to disassemble cables and shifters, or do it yourself repair
Since the shifters are a mechanism experiencing minor loads, it is sufficient for it to be serviced once a season. It consists in cleaning and replacing used lubricants. At the same time, you need to pay attention to the cable: wipe it with oil to get a smooth sliding inside the mechanism.
Repairing a bike at home, or how to care for your brakes
Belong to the brake system: brake levers, hydraulic lines, calipers.
At the first stage, the condition of the pistons is checked. Replace parts with new ones if necessary. It is easy to notice malfunctions in the operation of the calipers: they are evidenced by long and weak braking, as well as the failure of the handle. Solving the problem in eliminating the malfunctions that have appeared.
The brake lever is primitively arranged: body, piston, handle. The O-ring can cause complexity. If it is not possible to repair the house at home, Contact the craftsmen who will replace the pistons and rings.
When repairing a bike at home, you will have to pump the brake fluid. This is normal for a bulkhead. The brake fluid must be homogeneous. If this property is lost, the brakes may malfunction, which is dangerous for the cyclist. A timely replacement guarantees the reliability of braking and the safety of the rider.
We disassemble the carriage
Despite the fact that integrated carriages, like cartridge ones, refer to non-separable structures, the carriages are disassembled for routine maintenance. It is important, doing this at home with your own hands, to remember the location of the elements.
They sort out the steering column with their own hands
To make repairs at home with your own hands, it is important to know that the bulkhead of this unit has nuances that depend directly on the type of column. For integrated speakers, timely lubrication is the key to reliable operation. It is more difficult with an integrated ball-bearing column, where it is required to replace balls that have become unusable in time, which is warned by a creak that appears in the head tube and difficulties when turning the wheel.
Despite their simplicity, the pedals are considered a delicate mechanism. And, since the load on them is significant, wear and tear occurs soon. It is easy to check the operation of the pedals, so they recommend doing it at home with your own hands. Spin the pedals, watch how much they spin and stop quickly. If they stop soon, but spin slowly, lubrication is needed. The pedals are disassembled from the end, and sorted out according to the standard scheme for industrial and ball bearings.
The ideal solution before the bulkhead is to wash the frame in a soapy solution under running water with the introduction of a sponge. When the frame is washed, they inspect it for chips and cracks, which may turn into a problem in the future. If cracks or scuffs are found, they need to be painted over. You can use spray paint, which copes with this task easily.
They check with particular care: the bottom bracket tube, as well as the head tube, upper triangles of the rear and rear suspension.
They sort out the ratchet at home with their own hands
The method used is similar: Industrial bearings are washed, then lubricated and returned to their original place. The balls of ball bearings are inspected for deformation, replaced (if damage is found), washed, installed in their original place, having previously lubricated. The mechanism of the bicycle, if the work is done correctly, it will work better.
DIY wheel maintenance and home repair
It is often necessary to sort out bushings with industrial bearings. it is enough to do this in two seasons once. More often, ball bearings require a bulkhead. once a season with a bulkhead of balls, i.e. Discarded shabby and dents.
To gain weight, i.e. To reduce it, bike owners often choose less durable OODA. But this is fraught with the appearance of the beating of the rims: figure eight (axial) and radial, when the shape of the rim resembles an egg. A special spoke wrench helps to fix the problem at home with your own hands: After removing the tires, pull in the opposite side of the curvature, the spokes.