Children’s bike Stern Fantasy 2015.12 “, pink (15FANT12)
Children’s bike Stern Fantasy 2015. 12 “, pink (15FANT12) is made in a style designed for girls. Curved frame geometry, high handlebars with rubber grips, soft adjustable seat. All this will create real comfort for the child while riding. The bike is equipped with additional safety wheels useful at the initial stage of teaching a child to ride. If not needed, they can be easily removed. Children’s bike Stern Fantasy 2015. 12 “, pink (15FANT12) is assembled on a strong steel frame. It is equipped with fenders, a chain guard and a decorative flag. The color is made in a pretty pink style, its frame and seat are decorated with an unobtrusive pattern.
Bicycle features: 2015 model;. for girls ;. steel curved frame; soft rubber grips wings;. additional wheels;. rear foot brake adjustable steering wheel;. circuit protection; seat height adjustment; soft seat; great style ;. inflatable wheels ;. plastic pedals with reflectors; presence of a racing flag.
Children’s bicycle Stern Fantasy 12 “2015. comfortable, durable, stylish!
Characteristics: Drive type: chain. Bicycle weight: 8.8 kg. Maximum permissible weight: 40 kg. Frame material: steel. Fork Construction: Rigid. Steering column design: non-integrated, threaded. Tires: Wanda P104, 12×2.125. Rim material: steel. Bead cord material: metal. Rear brake type: foot brake. Rear brake level: initial. Number of speeds: 1. Carriage level: initial. Number of stars in the cassette: 1. Number of system stars: 1. Pedal design: classic. Handlebar construction: curved. Steering wheel adjustment: adjustable lift. Front / rear hub: steel.
Manufacturer: Stern (China). Children’s bicycles of this manufacturer are characterized by good build quality and reasonable cost. They are equipped with everything you need to teach your child basic riding skills. additional safety wheels, comfortable steering wheel, adjustable soft seat. The style of Stern bicycles is in line with modern sports fashion.
When adjusting the steering wheel, it is important to follow a certain sequence of actions and understand exactly which tools you need to use.
To adjust the threaded head tube, you need a hexagon and a wrench for nuts, then you need to do the following:
(OLD VERSION) How to Raise your Bike Handlebars. Stem Extender Install. EASY!
- loosen the bolt at the top of the stem;
- we untwist the connection along the thread at the base, now it can be lifted, and with an even stronger loosening of the nuts and completely removed;
- you can lubricate the steering wheel, and then, setting to the desired height, re-fix all the nuts and the upper bolt, which is only unscrewed with a hexagon.
The released steering wheel is easily adjustable in height and must be fixed after it has been installed in the position chosen for the most comfortable ride.
This setting only applies to screw connections.
But when you need to start adjusting threadless glasses, which also need to be adjusted in height, you will need a hex wrench and a regular wrench to unscrew the nuts. When these tools are prepared, the sequence of further actions is as follows:
- the bolt is loosened with a hexagon, which is located in the center of the stem;
- then one or two side bolts are unscrewed;
- the bolts are completely removed and the handlebar with the extension is removed from the fork stem;
- height adjustable with spacer rings. Adding them. we increase the height, removing. we decrease it. In general, it should be noted that there are very few options for increasing the height of the rudder for a threadless connection.
After completing the work, we return the bike control device to its original place and fix the bolts. It is important that the cables that lead to the brakes and gearshift switches do not get mixed up. It is also very important when adjusting that the steering wheel is perpendicular to the wheel of the bike not dangling. All bolts must be tightened without undue overdoing, but carefully.
Steering wheel position options
I must say that bikes with threadless columns have very small parameters in order to adjust the height, only a few centimeters. In this sense, bicycles with threaded columns are more preferred. But there are some norms in the position of the steering wheel for a particular type of ride:
- For the elderly and children, it must be adjusted so that when driving, the slope is 60. 90 degrees;
- For long trips, the slope should be either 60. 90 or 40. 45 degrees;
- If cycling mainly occurs on flat, asphalt roads, then here the body should be located at 30. 40 degrees in relation to the ground.
Based on these parameters, it is necessary to set the steering wheel in the correct position so that the trip leaves a pleasant experience every time. But in the adjustment, a lot depends on what type of bike you have and your own height. Knowing these parameters, you can easily adjust so that the trip is as comfortable as possible:
- in a mountain bike, the body should be tilted about 40 degrees, so the handlebars are flush with the saddle;
- in the case of city bikes, the handlebars should be slightly higher than the saddle, but so that the back is not vertical. Otherwise, with such a ride, the owner of a two-wheeler after a while will face problems with knees, back, hemorrhoids, etc.
Setting up a two-wheeler control is an important task, as without it a normal ride is impossible.
Bicycle handlebar device
Indeed, with an incorrectly adjusted steering wheel height, a trip, especially over long distances, becomes extremely uncomfortable. The back begins to ache, my arms ache, and discomfort appears in the neck area. Fatigue sets in more quickly, so a properly adjusted handlebar combined with a normal riding position is the key to a pleasant ride. Before starting work on adjusting the height of the rudder, you need to understand its device:
- The handlebar itself, which is presented as a crossbar, may be straight, specially curved, but this is always what we hold in our hands when driving a bicycle;
- Small “adapter pipe”, connecting the handlebar and the fork stem is called the stem;
- A steering column consisting of two cups, bearings, rings. Thanks to this design, the steering wheel can rotate freely in the head tube;
- Finally, the glass itself, which is part of the frame. Its purpose is to contain the entire steering structure described above.
This is a general diagram of a modern bicycle’s handlebars. There are different diameters for attaching these components to each other, and they also differ in the length of the stem and head tube. You can also distinguish the steering device by the steering columns, which are of two types:
- threaded, the upper part of such a column is occupied by threads and the steering tube is fastened with a lock nut;
- threadless, both cups of this column are pressed into a glass and bearings are placed in them.
All of these design features make it easier to control the bike and make it easier to adjust settings with them. But they complicate the maintenance of the bike, since they cannot be called simple devices.
How to adjust the handlebar height on a bike
A modern bicycle requires customization after purchase. Usually, first of all, they pay attention to the saddle and set its required required height. It is believed that the steering wheel is initially installed as needed, already at the factory assembly. But this is not entirely true and you need to be able to adjust it for yourself. However, fans of bicycle reels often do not know how to adjust the handlebars on a bicycle and turn to bicycle repair shops for help, although they may well do it themselves.
In the construction of a bicycle, the steering device plays an important role. Without it, it is impossible to control the bike. The device of this design cannot be called simple, and the presence of bearings requires periodic disassembly, maintenance and lubrication. It is also important to properly tune this elevation control. Since the convenience of cycling will depend on this. The head tube height adjustment will depend on the rider’s height and the type of bike itself. You can perform the necessary procedures for adjusting the height yourself if you understand the design of the steering system.
The type of threaded mount is found on specialized professional bicycles, as it has less weight compared to a threadless mount, but it is most often seen on bicycles of the lower price segment and old Soviet models.
In this case, the head tube is placed inside the column and tightened with nuts, connecting to the steering gear. Everything is simple and reliable, however, it can be a little dirty. the lower part of the pipe usually collects lubricant from the mechanism.
Adjust A Bike’s Handlebars Attached To A Threaded Steerer
So, the steps to change the height of the steering wheel in steps:
- We loosen the fastening nut (it covers the steering tube at the very bottom, above the frame).
- If necessary, do the same with the head tube lock nut.
- We raise the pipe to the desired height. An extension cord may be needed to raise the bar higher than usual.
- We tighten the fastening nut first, and then the lock nut.
The deed is done, it was not so difficult to fix the steering wheel!
Direction of adjustment
In what directions is the steering wheel adjusted? First of all, it is the height of the steering wheel. It determines the angle at which the cyclist’s body and his arms will be while riding. In turn, the tension of various muscle groups, the speed of their fatigue and, accordingly, the general state of the athlete’s body depend on the angle of inclination.
As noted, the rudders are often raised when riding for rest and lowered to reduce wind resistance in speed runs. In addition, the low idle role is most reliable in the case of sports disciplines BMX, Trial, Downhill and the like. Actually, the handlebar height parameter is selected individually, depending on the riding style.
The zero position for adjustment is the level of the bike saddle. The handlebars are considered high if they are above the saddle, and low. lower. Of course, all such measurements are very arbitrary, and several iterations and changes are required for the height configuration to be ideal.
How to adjust the handlebars on a bike
In fact, head tube height and direction play a significant role in riding comfort and energy efficiency. So, a high handlebar is usually chosen for recreational riding, and low models. for sports purposes. both on high-speed bicycles and trial bikes.
Next, we’ll show you how to raise or lower the steering wheel by changing the position of the steering column. However, auxiliary methods of increasing and decreasing the height are also possible:
- Sharp stem will help raise the handlebars.
- On a BMX bike, many of the handlebars are quite high on their own. the head tube increases the height of the grip point.
However, most often refer to the simple and provided on almost all bike models. Before starting it, you should pay attention to what type of steering column you have on your bike. The whole process of work depends on it.
Threadless column is the de facto standard for modern mountain bikes (you can read more about the steering column here). The mechanism here is somewhat more complicated and heavier, and the steering wheel is attached to the pipe with the help of an additional element. the stem. With threaded mechanisms, all three of these components are one, which is the reason for less weight and greater reliability. In this case, the height is not set by the position of the pipe, but by the addition of special spacer rings on the pipe freed from removal.
Actually, the change is made as follows:
- Unscrew the anchor bolt with a hexagon (cover on the top of the pipe).
- We unscrew the pulling bolts of the stem, with which it is attached to the steering tube.
- Carefully trying to remove the steering wheel along with the stem.
- Add spacer rings to the pipe (or remove them to reduce the total length of the structure).
- Installing the takeaway back.
- We tighten the tightening bolts first, then the anchor. The main thing is not to tighten the steering wheel too much, this can damage the parts.
The direction of the stem (and therefore the handlebars) should be carefully adjusted and aligned with the front wheel, as it is very easy to move the structure during operations. To correct the direction, it is enough to slightly loosen the bolts that hold the stem, and, having set the correct direction, tighten them.
Tilt angle and extension
In addition to the height, the rudder can be adjusted according to other parameters. This primarily applies to threadless speakers, as they are designed for modular change and fine tuning. Threaded options are almost always solid and are not adapted to adjustments additional to the height.
The angle of inclination can be easily changed using the hexagon. By loosening the stem bolts, the rudder tube can be rotated to the desired position. This is especially often required when working with raised and complex tourist rudders, since the position of the hands can be changed for each condition.
A separate issue is takeaway. Actually, in a process such as adjustment, it is a key element for threadless steering wheel assembly. Offsets are very different:
- vertical to increase the height;
- horizontal to compensate for the length of the frame;
- corner for convenient installation of additional gadgets and auxiliary accessories.
How to change your handlebar height
The only thing to remember is that stems come in various types and sizes and may not match the accessories you have.
Adjusting the steering wheel of a bicycle is a simple operation that allows you to dramatically increase the comfort from riding, and with your own hands, without contacting mechanics or professional friends, bring your own bike to mind. The correct handlebar height, tilt and other characteristics, no doubt, should be selected according to the rider’s own experience and comfort.