Bike for beginners
Cycling promises comfort, beauty and health. How to learn to ride a bike if you have never done this before? It’s easier to get started in childhood. Bicycles for toddlers are equipped with additional wheels, reliable equipment. The skill that was learned in youth remains for life.
The design of the mechanism is not complicated. You don’t even need to get a driver’s license to drive it. But adults do not immediately understand how to learn to ride a bike. Option. a school for beginners. It offers a training program with a personal instructor. The trainer shows by his own example how to drive a “bicycle”. In addition to help and support, he shares a lot of useful knowledge and secrets.
How to choose “your” bike?
Decide on what type of vehicle is right for you. Experienced consultants recommend answering three important questions:
- How much money buyer agrees to spend?
- In what conditions, for what purposes does he plan to use the vehicle?
- What is the weight and height of the cyclist, his age?
When buying a bike, pay attention to the design features and purpose of the bike
for a bike for a beginner depend on the quality of the mechanism, the manufacturer. Domestic products are cheaper than imported ones. German, French, English brands are distinguished by the reliability of materials, professional assembly, good-quality accessories, etc.
City bike Ardis City CTB 26 ” with luggage rack and additional lighting at the rear for riding on level surfaces
Based on the purpose of the device, there are 5 variations of it:
- Traditional hardtail. It is characterized by versatility, relative unpretentiousness in operation, availability, equipment. Among the disadvantages is the overall size (12 kg by weight). He has minimal roll over asphalt.
- Mountain bike (“two-suspension”). It is a lightweight, high-tech, high-speed all-terrain vehicle. It is equipped with a pair of shock absorbers. Thanks to them, driving comfort is increased. The ability to ride in any road conditions is provided.
- City, tourist bike. Pros. excellent roll-off on dry asphalt, ease of landing, maneuverability. Prevents the cyclist from reaching high speed.
- Cross bike. Designed for movement on plains and new tracks. Convenient device, does not differ in maneuverability.
- Road model. Not designed for driving on bumpy roads and dirt. But on smooth asphalt it cannot be surpassed in speed and comfort.
How to quickly learn to ride a bike?
Many people abandoned cycling as adults and now they just forget how to do it. Some have never ridden for various reasons: there is no money for a bike, then there is no place for it. If a person wants to skate, but finds various reasons, for example, “I have poor coordination,” “I never did it,” “I can’t keep my balance,” then the problem here is far from physical capabilities, but psychological preparation.
Let’s put psychological problems aside and consider the main question: how to learn to ride a bike.
First of all, you need to prepare accessories and the bike for riding.
What can be useful for riding:
- Special comfortable but closed shoes.
- Sportswear that wicks away sweat (you will be very tired from habit).
- Warm clothes if it’s less than 25 degrees Celsius outside.
- Cycling Gloves.
- Protection: knee pads, elbow pads, bicycle helmet.
Protection and shoes are a must for beginners as falls can occur even on the most talented riders.
Next, you should set up the bike, especially if we are teaching a child or a girl.
- Adjusting the brakes and switches is too difficult to learn from “loose” mechanics.
- Set the saddle slightly below the standard for easy getting off.
- Adjust the height of the handlebars, if possible.
- Remove unnecessary accessories from the bike as much as possible (bike computer, bell, etc.).
Excellent. Both the learner and the bike are now ready for lessons.
Now let’s move on to general recommendations for behavior while driving a bicycle.
- You should psychologically prepare yourself for falls and failures. Cycling is about practice and persistence.
- The balance is easier to maintain at speed, so do not drive too slowly.
- The steering wheel should be held without tension, but it should not be released either.
- Do not bend your feet and knees, this leads to quick fatigue.
- All movements must be smooth and even.
- Harsh braking is prohibited.
Learn on your own
In fact, no teachers are needed to teach cycling, you can quickly learn on your own. Sometimes, especially for adults, it is better to carefully and calmly learn to ride without witnesses than to listen to not the most flattering comments from your friend, boyfriend or coach. After all, for most people it is “sat down and went”.
Many authors identify from 5 to 15 steps to master the bike. Here is one of the options: 1. Understand the operation of all mechanisms. The front and rear brakes are especially important, we will learn how to switch speeds later.
Sit on the bike and try to balance with the brake applied. It won’t work, but it will allow you to feel some balance on the bike, which is what you want.
We begin to move without pedaling. we make a scooter out of a bicycle, pushing off with our feet. It is advisable to learn to ride in balance, without resting your feet on the ground. A small slope or fairly flat asphalt will help with this. It is important to first brake, and then stand with your feet on the ground, otherwise you can get injured.
Learn to pedal. First with one foot. We set the speeds, if any, to 2-4 (middle of the range), sit down on the bike. We expose the pedal at 45 degrees up and forward and press with one foot to the bottom position. We roll similarly to the previous point, we stop. We repeat to automatism with each leg.
Synchronize the legs. repeat the previous exercise, but continuously. It won’t work right away, it will take a lot of practice. Don’t forget about balance!
We consolidate the driving skill, starting the turns, at first smooth to the left and right, it is important to feel the tilt when turning. This is the norm when riding.
The final exercise is a reversal. After it works out, we start full-fledged skiing: we drive 100-200 meters, turn around, accelerate and slow down.
So you know how to ride! The next task is the correct gear shifting, but this is already a topic for a separate lesson.
Teach the child
Children are usually taught to ride from an early age. Even up to a year old, children can use toys with wheels, and at 1.5-2. ride a tricycle. At 4 years old, you can start practicing on a two-wheeled bike. At first, you can use additional wheels, but it is better to choose a runbike for training. a small analogue of a children’s bicycle without pedals and brakes. By the age of 10-12 you can switch to a full-fledged teenage bike.
Teaching a child requires constant attention and great responsibility:
- It is required to monitor not only the riding technique, but also the posture, breathing of the child.
- You can’t exercise after eating. it’s doubly hard.
- Limit loads. Up to 13 years old. no more than 10-15 km, a teenager under 15 years old. no more than 20.
Teach an adult
Teaching an adult is difficult, he easily maintains his balance, but in unforeseen situations he is usually very squeezed, and falls are not only physically dangerous, but also undermine the learning process, since adults are psychologically vulnerable.
You should never hold the bike or give advice frequently. The main part of the learning process is a physical sense of balance and capabilities. The “coach” is only needed to explain the basics and, possibly, provide the most correct feedback on the results of the exercises. However, the most comfortable for adults is self-study.
In fact, learning to ride a bike is very easy at any age. The main thing in this business is to get ready for a fairly long practice, because the “sat down and go” scheme is only in the minds of those who already know how. The child should be looked after and bought bicycles (or balance bikes) by height and age, and for adults, the main thing is to understand the general recommendations and have time for practice.
HOW TO LEARN AN ADULT TO RIDE A BICYCLE: TRAINING METHODS
How can an adult learn to ride a bike? yes, very easy! By following our tips and tricks, you will learn this very quickly! The main rule is to have a great desire to learn how to ride and overcome your fear!
One of the main problems that an adult is embarrassed to ride a bike is that he is so big, and still does not know how to ride a bike, he is afraid to seem funny and awkward.
The most important thing is to be confident in yourself and, of course, desire. If you have this, then there is nothing to be afraid of, enlist the support of a person close to you who will help you with this and forward to victories!
As the proverb says: “it’s never too late to learn.” If you didn’t have to learn in childhood, then it will be even easier and easier for an adult to learn how to ride a bicycle. But now we will tell you about how to learn how to ride a bicycle for an adult.
In an adult, the muscular system is fully formed, so it will be easier to learn how to keep balance. But the essential “but” is the fear of falling, the movements are constrained and this makes the learning process difficult.
- First you need to select a site. The most important thing is that the road is flat, and there is where to turn around, it can be a park with asphalt paths, an embankment of the sea or river, a stadium.
- Next, you need to establish “contact” with the bike, for this you need to take the bike by the saddle with one hand and roll it, so you will feel that you need to control the bike not only with the help of the handlebar, but also help with the body.
- The following exercise will help you learn how to maintain balance, for this you need to stand on either side of the bike, as it is more convenient for you and put one foot on the pedal, the one that is closer to the bike, keep your leg straight, and push the other off the ground and all this must be done at low speed, this will give you a more accurate feel of how to control the bike. That is, we can say that you are using a bicycle like a scooter. This exercise will help you control your body and handlebars correctly.
- It is better to get on the bike from the curb or some kind of ledge, so it will be easier for you. As soon as your feet are on the pedals, keep your balance and start your journey, the more speed, the better, is it possible to keep balance? However, at high speed you can get injured, so be sure to use the brakes either only with the rear, or both at once, since when braking with the front brakes, there is a possibility of flying forward through the steering wheel. Also, if you are skidding, for example, to the right side, then you need to turn the steering wheel in the opposite direction, that is, to the left.
- Most importantly, be careful and never look at the wheels, look at the road, and judge the distance to objects in your path. Never turn at high speed, slow down a little.
It’s actually easier than it sounds! Have a good trip!
How to learn to ride a bike for an adult. How to learn to ride a bike
Choose a place where you can learn to ride a bike carefully. Of course, there should not be cars that pose a serious danger at this stage, and there should be as few passers-by as possible, otherwise they will distract from training. To study, you need enough space for free riding and various maneuvers such as learning to turn around.
Learning to ride a bicycle for an adult is much easier, since a mature body has more developed muscles and a sense of balance, besides, it knows how to better control its own body. At the same time, fear of falling can interfere, so movements will be more constrained.
First you need to learn how to keep your balance. To do this, you can ride without pedals, just roll, pushing off the ground with your foot. The handlebars should be turned in the direction the bike leans, but you shouldn’t turn it too much, try to balance with your whole body.
When it turns out well, it’s time to try driving. To begin with, you can push off with your foot and give yourself a little acceleration, and then start pedaling. Do not be afraid, the movements should be confident, but smooth, without sudden jerks. You should look forward to the road, but not under the wheels.
Don’t pick up high speed right away. Of course, stability in this case increases, but still some experience is needed to drive fast. Try to drive at an average speed.
Once you get used to the bike and learn how to balance, it’s time to learn to turn around. Before turning, slow down, do not make sudden steering movements, turn smoothly. Be careful, it is this maneuver that leads to more falls for beginners.
In fact, we teach the body to ride a bike, not the head, so it should be occupied with something, for example, start counting or reciting poems that you remember.
The bicycle is very useful for children, it provides good physical development, teaches the child to control his body, improves reaction speed. Teaching a child to ride is not that difficult. In order for him to start riding a tricycle, you need to sit it down and just ride it. Let the child get used to the steering wheel, understand the principle of its action, learn to turn. After that, you can already start to master the pedals. To do this, you need to put the child’s legs on them and twist them a little, he will quickly understand what needs to be done.
An older child can easily be taught to ride a bike with two extra wheels. They should be about five centimeters above the main wheel. If before that the child had no experience at all even on a three-wheeled vehicle, you should tell and show him the basic principles: how to drive, how to control the steering wheel, how to brake and turn. When the child learns to hold on confidently, you can begin to lift additional wheels imperceptibly for him, and then completely remove them.
A teenager can learn to ride pretty quickly and usually do not need outside help. You need to start your studies with the ability to keep balance. You can hold the child a little until he learns to ride confidently.
The main thing is to learn how to start. if you do everything right, the ride is easier. To do this, push off the ground with one foot and immediately after that press the pedal with the other foot. After that, put the first foot on the pedal and continue moving.
The basic rule in this matter is to relax enough so that there is no stiffness in movements. It is not uncommon for a child who has no previous experience in riding a two-wheeled bicycle to immediately sit down and ride without prior training.
Is it possible to learn in 1 day?
It’s actually not that hard to learn how to ride a bike in one day. The basic principles of driving are understood already in the first few attempts, and the rest of the time the acquired skills are only hone. First, you need to choose a suitable place with a sufficiently large flat area and the absence of passers-by. the audience only distracts and even embarrasses and interferes with learning.
A very effective way is to slide down a hill with a slight incline. This way you can very quickly learn how to balance yourself on the bike. At first, you should simply slide down the hill, keeping your feet above the ground, in order to insure and stop in case of something. Then you can put your feet on the pedals and start twisting them when the slide ends.
How to learn to ride a bike for an adult?
It is believed that if you do not learn to swim and ride a bike in childhood, you will never learn. This is far from the case. Experienced instructors are capable of making any adult a good swimmer and cyclist, but an adult can learn to ride a bicycle on his own, and how, will be told in this article.
Which bike is easier to learn to ride? How to learn to ride a bike for an adult?
First of all, overcome your fear of falling and shyness. If there are no problems with the second, then it is easy to fight with the first, having properly equipped. It is imperative to purchase special protection. knee pads, elbow pads and a helmet, and wear any clothes, but one that you will not mind throwing out if it breaks. For training, choose a flat area, not necessarily asphalt, but with a well-tamped surface.
- Getting to know the bike involves a normal walk, when a person walks next to the bike, holding it behind the handlebars and tilting it slightly towards him.
- Now it’s time to master the landing. Those who are interested in whether an adult can learn to ride a bicycle should answer that it is possible, provided that the height of the seat is adjusted so that at any moment the feet touch the ground. Holding the rear brake, you can safely sit in the chair, but do not take your feet off the ground. Having mastered this stage well, proceed to the formation of a stable balance.
- While holding the rear brake, lift your feet off the ground for a few seconds, trying to maintain balance and not fall to one side.
- Now put one foot on the pedal, and leave the other on the ground and use it as a jog. Try to maintain balance in this position as much as possible.
- Complicate the task and while riding, put both feet on the pedals. Try to ride without falling, as long as possible, while maintaining balance, but in no case look at the wheel, but only in front of you. Wanting to stop, do not put the naga on the ground, but apply the rear brake, otherwise you can provoke a fall.
All that remains to be done is to hone these movements to automatism. Try to hold out without problems at a distance of up to 5 meters. Then you can start mastering turns and U-turns. The speed of movement is of great importance, because it is easier to control the bike on a big one than on a small one. When driving slowly, use the steering wheel to turn, and when moving quickly, tilt the body.
These tips will help those who want to know how to quickly learn to ride a bike. Mandatory tasks for mastering include braking with both wheels, driving smoothly without wobbling, and learning the rules of the road. And then you can boast to friends and acquaintances that you ride a bike confidently, and to demonstrate this to demonstrate.
Penny board is the closest relative of the skateboard. Its distinctive features are bright original plastic and the ability to replace all components. In addition, a logo is required. When choosing, you need to take into account the level of skill and your weight.
Modern bicycles are much better equipped than those that were 20 years ago, so many owners of modern models are wondering how to change gears correctly. This is what will be discussed in our article.
Even those who have not been involved in sports since school can learn how to pull up on the horizontal bar. At the same time, it is recommended to master several exercises that allow you to increase the strength and endurance of the muscles, and then proceed to the main training.
Minerals and vitamins are indispensable elements for every person, and if it comes to constant physical activity, then additional intake of vitamins becomes a necessity due to the increase in the physiological needs of the body.
How to learn to ride a bicycle for an adult?
Traditionally, learning to ride a two-wheeled vehicle begins in childhood. But it often happens that due to some circumstances, a person did not begin to learn to ride at an early age. It is believed that it is easier for an adult to start cycling than a small child. This is due to the fact that the coordination of movements is already more perfect, and the muscles are quite developed. On the other hand, an adult is often hampered by the fear of falling, which is practically absent in children. Such fears, especially when there is negative experience, can create internal barriers that provoke tension.
The first exercises may look a bit simplistic. Experience shows that it is they who help get rid of the insecurity that a beginner experiences.
Any deserted place with a smooth asphalt surface is suitable for training. The saddle must be fixed at a low height, which will allow you to easily reach the ground with your foot. This will allow the newcomer to feel some confidence. It will be very helpful to put on a helmet (According to statistics, most bicycle injuries are head injuries).
It takes no more than a few hours to master each stage.
If a person has learned to be relatively confident in the saddle, the most important and difficult stage of training is considered passed. Before moving on to city trips, you need to master and hone a few more skills:
- Braking with both brakes. Many beginners find it very difficult to slow down at first without losing their balance. It is necessary to start with smooth braking with the rear wheel at a low speed, gradually making it sharper. Next, you need to hone the ability to brake instantly in front of a specific obstacle. It is essential for safe driving.
- The ability to drive on a straight line without wagging, which cannot be dispensed with when driving on the road.
- Avoid obstacles quickly at a sharp angle. It is necessary when driving on the sidewalk, where, in addition to ordinary pedestrians, there are small mobile children and pets.
- Ability to slide down hills. In this case, it is important not to let go of the pedals and brake only with the rear brake. As a rule, it is mainly the feeling of fear that interferes. The person gets the wrong impression that he can roll over the steering wheel. In fact, the angle that will lead to a fall through the steering wheel is usually many times greater.
- Entering low parapets and tree roots. The bicycle wheel must be at an angle of only 900 to the curb or obstacle. Other wheel positions can cause slipping and falling.
To begin with, the beginner’s speed should be low so that there is time to react to any obstacle. You need to learn to remain as attentive as possible wherever you are, be it a road, a park, or a sidewalk. Gradually, a person will learn to automatically take into account all possible dangerous moments and react quickly to them.
Later, after gaining confidence, the seat height needs to be adjusted. It should be such that the leg reaches the lower pedal only in a fully extended state. This position reduces muscle fatigue and protects the knee joint from damage.
How to learn to ride a bike? How to learn to ride a bike for an adult:
Many people are worried about how to learn to ride a bike, but only a few are starting to make their dreams come true. The reasons for this are fear of falling, looking awkward, or simply self-doubt. However, you must remember that riding a two-wheeled vehicle is not difficult at all. Everyone can take the first steps and discover new opportunities: free movement, physical development and outdoor walks. In addition, the age of the future cyclist does not matter, the main thing is patience and the right approach to training.
The child and his first bike
Love for sports and a healthy lifestyle begins from an early age, it is the parents who should instill it in their children. Cycling is one of the ways to develop, and buying such a vehicle would be a great solution.
Tricycles can easily replace strollers. These bicycles are bright toys from year to year, so the children’s pastime will be filled with fun. First, the kids will study all the details of the new transport, and then sit on it and continue their acquaintance.
Learning the simplest skills
The furnishings should be supportive. a children’s room or a flat area near the house is suitable.
With regard to riding skills, it is recommended to learn them gradually. Show your child how the steering wheel works, and then, slowly, start moving the bike. Let the child choose the direction on his own until his actions are completely confident.
The next step is pedaling. Show how to push them. Also practice placing your feet and synchronizing movements correctly.
Be patient and calm. this will speed up the learning process.
The transition of the kid to a two-wheeled bicycle
If the child is over 2 years old, it is worth considering buying a new bike. An excellent option is a balance bike, it does not have pedals, and the movement is carried out by pushing the feet off the ground (while the baby sits on a soft seat). This type of transport is quite popular and much better than a tricycle.
Riding a balance bike helps develop motor skills and coordination. The child will learn not only to control and calculate the speed, but also to balance, to keep balance. In addition, the load on the muscles will be evenly distributed, and the total walking distance. increase.
From the age of 4, you can switch to a two-wheeled bicycle with auxiliary wheels (they will hedge children against falls). When the child feels confident, it is recommended to remove the extra casters and start rolling freely. The main task is to be near the baby for several days and run after him until vigilance and caution develop. There is no need to rush things, and provide support only in extreme cases.
Cycling training from the age of 6
During this period, children are already considered adults, so you can immediately switch to a two-wheeled bike.
First, choose the correct size bikes for maximum riding comfort. Further, during the week, it will be necessary to provide psychological support to the baby and various types of assistance: to familiarize with all the components of the vehicle, run a lot and reliably insure.
Don’t get angry or shout. this will give the child confidence and make the learning process very enjoyable.
How to learn to ride a bike as a teenager and an adult?
Not everyone has the opportunity to start mastering a two-wheeled bike from childhood. Often, such a vehicle appears as a gift or is bought with the money earned. Sometimes bicycles are forgotten due to learning difficulties or a series of falls during childhood.
It should be noted that you should not deny yourself the pleasure of free skating. If you have a desire to learn how to ride a bike, following a few tips will help you make your dream come true.
There are various options for mastering the bike: support from a friend, special sections and self-study. over, the latter option is very good. no one will interfere and embarrass. You just need to work hard, and the result will not keep you waiting.
Choosing the right two-wheel bike
The sizes of bicycles, or rather their frames, are quite diverse, which makes it possible to purchase a suitable tool for everyone. The correct size promotes fast movement and saves energy, and the wrong one leads to joint pain and aggravates chronic diseases. If you treat the purchase of a vehicle with full responsibility, health problems will not arise.
First you need to find the height of the frame. To do this, it is recommended to stand above it (closer to the steering wheel). A distance of 5 cm will be enough for quiet trips around the city, and lovers of mountain roads and off-road conditions will need about 10 cm.If you feel too free, ask for a higher frame, and in case of discomfort. lower.
The next step is to size the frame. Mountain bike height should be purchased based on the ratio:
- height up to 165 cm. 13.5-15.5 inches;
- height 165-175 cm. 17.5 inches;
- height 175-185 cm. 19.5 inches;
- height from 185 cm. 21.5 inches.
When choosing a bike with a rigid frame and without a rear suspension, the ratios are:
- height up to 155 cm. 13.5-14 inches;
- height 150-165 cm. 16 inches;
- height 165-175 cm. 18 inches;
- height 175-185 cm. 20 inches;
- height from 185 cm. 22 inches.
When buying a road bike, you need to ride it, since the full height of a person does not matter here (the length of the limbs and body is important).
Preparing to ride
If you have no idea how to learn how to ride a bike, it is recommended at the beginning of training to move it next to you, try to turn it around and press the brakes. This will speed up learning.
It is also worth adjusting the two-wheeled bike for yourself. adjust the height of the steering wheel and seat, their tilt. The arms should be extended and the legs bent so that the toes reach the ground. Practice Landing. Learn to sit down and slide down quickly, carefully.
Don’t forget about the helmet and extra protection. In addition, it is advisable to find a place for training in advance. A smooth road without stones, potholes and other obstacles, with a slight slope, will do.
Learning to ride a bike, starting with balance. Sit in the saddle and apply both brakes, then lift your feet off the ground and try to keep the vehicle that way. Repeat the exercise several times. Adjust the handlebar and seat height again if necessary.
Try to ride without pedals. Push off the ground with your feet and cover a certain distance. Riding on one pedal is a similar option. In this case, make sure the bike is stable and not lean. As a result, get closer to the bike and improve your balancing skills. Repeat exercises until results appear.
If you decide to get off the vehicle or if you anticipate a fall, start applying the brakes, and only then put your feet on the ground. This will prevent injury caused by hitting the pedal.
Now it’s worth learning to ride using the pedals. Select middle gear and gradually increase your speed during the previous exercise (pushing off the ground with one leg). The distance traveled will increase, and the bike will stop toppling on its side. This is a great time to put your other foot on the pedal and start revving. After several attempts and a couple of rotations, you will definitely understand that the question of how to learn to ride a bike no longer bothers.
In cases where a friend or instructor helps to master the bike, there is another method of training. They must support the vehicle by the frame or saddle and run after. Over time, the bike is released imperceptibly and the movements become completely independent. The main thing is not to panic, otherwise you will fall.
The next step is to learn how to turn. This can be done not only by driving, but also by tilting the body. The first option is good for use at low to medium speeds, and the second at high speeds. You need to start with short radii, striving for wider and longer.
After doing all the exercises with confidence, increase the distance. Set a goal to drive 100 m in one direction, then turn around and get to the start. If everything went well, you can fully enjoy the ride, improving your skills in daily walks.
Learning to ride a bike for an adult and a child is not so difficult. If you follow the above tips and tricks, learning will be happy, and your riding technique will improve significantly.
How to learn to ride a bike for an adult?
- Suitable place to study
- Desire to learn to ride a bike
- Some theoretical knowledge about the bike structure
One of the main problems of an adult. psychological. He is afraid, embarrassed that, behold, he is so big, and does not know how to skate. They will count as an eccentric, laugh, twirl a finger at the temple. And now the problem of “how to learn to ride a bike” seems insurmountable. Self-confidence plus desire. the first step in the right direction. It is highly advisable to have an instructor with you. Let it be your friend or girlfriend, husband or wife, the main thing is that this person is not only benevolent, but also has practical driving skills. What is the use of a theoretical instructor? Theoretically, without getting up from your chair, you also probably know HOW to ride a bike.
Choosing a training site. no small matter. It can be a park with asphalt or gravel paths, a deserted courtyard, a river or sea embankment. The main thing is to have where to turn around! We start training. We learn to sit down and start moving correctly. The bike, as you’ve probably noticed, has two wheels connected to two pedals by a chain drive. Holding the wheel with both hands, we stand to the left of the bike. Now we move the left pedal with the right foot to the uppermost position. We put our left foot on the left pedal, with our right foot pushing off the ground. Go! To start, just try to coast the bike. The main difficulty is keeping balance. Then we throw our leg over the frame, and go. If there is no frame, so much the better for you.
Important: we pick up speed right away. The higher the speed, the more stable the bike is on the road. While riding, the cyclist is in a state of dynamic equilibrium. In order to keep it, there is a steering wheel, you should not forget about it. Go! You will immediately feel that the bike has moved either to the right or to the left. Another moment and you will fall. Therefore, remember the basic principle of driving. turn the steering wheel to the side opposite to the one into which you are going to fall.
A few unsuccessful attempts and bruises, and now you have already caught the balance point and are driving on your own. A few more remarks, and the question “how an adult will learn to ride a bike” will never arise before you. No need to look at the wheel, look ahead, assess the situation, the distance to this or that object. Remember. you must not endanger yourself or others. A bicycle is still a vehicle and can be dangerous in inept and inexperienced hands.
Learning to slow down. Needless to say, the brakes must be in perfect order. Bicycles usually have both hand and foot brakes. If necessary, the latter is activated by pedaling in the opposite direction. This brake is located on the rear wheel. You should know: the pressure depends on how sharply or smoothly the bike will stop. With the handbrake, the situation is simpler. its handlebars are located on the handlebars and activate the brake pads on both wheels. Learning to turn. Right turn. steering wheel to the right, turn left. steering wheel to the left. We teach the rules of the road, since you became a full participant in it when you mastered the “iron horse”. Have a good trip!
How to learn to ride a bike for adults and children?
A bicycle is a vehicle propelled by the power of human muscles. Some people refer to the bicycle as a sports equipment. But whatever it is, there are many benefits to riding it. Every child dreams of mastering the technique of riding this transport, and adults are not averse to riding, so our today’s article will be devoted to learning how to ride a bike.
Recommendations for preparation
Before starting classes, you need to choose a sports equipment, place and think over equipment so that the learning process is as comfortable as possible.
How to choose the right bike
There are a huge number of types of bicycles. The most famous of them: city, cruisers, road, mountain, hybrid, folding, unusual designs, women and children. It is easier to study in urban or hybrid, as they are most often found in rentals, but you can also use others, if available. The main thing is to study the features of the vehicle.
Here is a table of sizes of different types of bicycles for each height:
Table for children:
|Age, years||Leg length, cm||Leg length, inches||Frame, inches||Wheels, inches|
The choice of location is no less important in the learning process than the selection of vehicles: few people want strangers to watch their attempts to cope with the vehicle. In addition, it is necessary that in this place there are good paths where the wheels will not get stuck, preferably asphalt ones. Children can be taught in parks and in front of the house on the sidewalk.
Attempts to conquer a sports equipment are unlikely to pass without injuries. In order to protect yourself, you should think about equipment. The material of clothing should be tight, but pleasant to the body and not hindering movement. It is advisable to choose narrow pants so that they do not cling to the parts of the bike. Shoes should be sturdy, closed and comfortable. A protective helmet should be worn on the head, knees and elbows should be covered with knee pads and elbow pads, cycling gloves will also be appropriate.
Checking the bike
Once you have selected a suitable vehicle, immediately check that both brakes are working properly. You also need to assess the degree of tire inflation, frame wear, the quality of seat fixation, check the frame for cracks. Crank the pedals to make sure the chain is lubricated.
Step-by-step instructions for correct driving
You do not need a special instructor to train on a bicycle: an adult can learn it on his own. It is advisable to teach a child to someone from an adult who is familiar with the vehicle. If a person has never ridden a bicycle, but wants to learn or teach someone, for this he needs to familiarize himself with the instructions below.
How to teach an adult
It would seem that it is quite simple to teach an adult to ride a bicycle, because, unlike a child, he understands the principle of a sports equipment and knows that it is necessary to maintain balance. However, if in childhood a person had a bad experience in mastering a vehicle, then this fear fetters his body and does not allow him to feel the bike. Therefore, the main thing for an adult is to overcome your fear.
If you succeed in doing this, then everything will go well:
- Once you’re in the right position, grab a suitable bike and just try walking around with one hand on the seat. The steering wheel will tilt to the side, but you do not need to catch it with your second hand, but try to direct the front wheel straight, tilting the bike to one side or the other.
- Walking like this for 10–20 minutes at a slow pace, you can speed up your step and spend the same amount of time walking.
- Then you need to try to ride a bike like a scooter. To do this, you need to position yourself to the left of the vehicle and with your right leg, slightly bent at the knee, stand on the left pedal. With both hands, grab the steering wheel and, pushing off with your left foot, straighten your right one and press your thigh against the frame. Your goal is to try to drive slowly while keeping your balance. When doing this exercise, it is advisable that someone insure you, since if the fall is to the left, then you yourself will brake with your foot, but it will be inconvenient to the right.
- If there is no assistant, then you can replace the exercise “scooter” with a descent from a gentle slope. But before this exercise, you should familiarize yourself with the work of the brakes.
- To descend from a slope, the seat must be lowered as far as possible. The steering wheel must also be adjusted to suit the height of the seat. Then sit on the bike, push off slightly with your foot and, tucking both lower limbs, try to roll down, maintaining balance. As soon as you feel the fall, put your foot out and push off again. The main thing here is to look forward, not under your feet, and try not to strain your body, especially your arms.
- After learning how to keep your balance, move on to mastering the pedals. Stand near the curb. One foot (preferably the right foot if you are right-handed) should be on the pedals, the other on the curb. Push off the curb, setting the sports equipment in motion, and, feeling the pedal with your other foot, begin to smoothly twist them. If you lose balance, lower the desired leg to the ground, push off and keep moving. Gradually, you will learn to pedal smoothly and maintain balance.
- The last stage of learning is turning. First, master the entry into it along a large radius, then gradually decrease. To turn, you need to turn the steering wheel slightly in the right direction.
first time on a bike
How to teach a child
Usually, teaching a child to ride a bike begins with mastering a three-wheeled vehicle: it is very easy to ride it, the main thing is to understand the principle of pedaling. Then, when the child grows up, he is transplanted to a two-wheeled bicycle with two small auxiliary ones at the back. These wheels can be raised a little so that they do not participate in the movement when driving smoothly. When tilting to the side occurs, they will not let you lose balance and allow the baby to level the vehicle on his own.
Now you can often find a situation when parents are trying to teach a small child to ride a two-wheeled bicycle at once. In this case, you need to make more effort, but it is quite realistic to teach a four to five year old baby to ride such a vehicle. If you decide to follow this path, then you need to remember the following:
- First of all, the child needs to be shown how he should act in case of loss of balance, because he is also afraid of falling. You need to put your baby in the vehicle and ask him to put his feet on the pedals. You should stand behind and, holding the saddle, tilt it in one direction or the other. It is necessary to explain to the child that when he feels a tilt to the side, he needs to lower the corresponding leg from the pedal to the ground.
- When the child understands a little how it works during the bend, release the saddle, and let him independently react to the bend.
- Now you need to master the work of the brake. Sit the baby on a sports equipment, and stand in front of yourself and, grabbing the wheel, slowly drive the bike. Ask to apply the brake. When the vehicle starts to fall, the baby must put his foot on his own.
- Slightly accelerate the vehicle and ask your child to brake immediately. After repeating the action several times, start asking to brake in a second or two, gradually increasing the duration of the movement.
- Find a spot where the road has a slight slope. Ask your child to sit on a sports equipment and, after pushing off, ride with their legs tucked in, keeping balance.
- When the child has rolled down the hill several times without pedaling, ask him to try to use them. After several attempts, he will be able to catch the desired rhythm of pedaling on his own.
how to quickly teach a child to ride a bike
A bicycle is a vehicle, therefore, when riding it, you must follow the safety rules:
- Look straight ahead while driving, not under the wheels.
- When teaching your child, control his posture and breathing.
- You can not get on the bike immediately after eating.
- Children under 13 must travel no more than 10-15 km.
- Always wear protective gear until you are fluent in riding technique.
- Wear narrow pants and shoes with non-slip soles for riding. Clothes should be light, noticeable colors.
- Before driving, check the operation of the brakes, fixation of the seat, steering wheel, pedals, tire inflation.
- When moving in a crowded place, try to go straight and signal your intentions (turn, stop) with a movement of your hands.
- It is advisable to ride a bike with a bell.
- Do not ride the same vehicle together.
- Do not let go of the steering wheel while driving.
- If you plan to ride a bike for a long time, always take money, phone, first aid kit and repair kit with you.
- Do not ride with headphones and always keep your fingers on the brakes.
- Do not hang foreign objects on the steering wheel, especially those that will hang low.
- Try not to ride in the rain and immediately after it. the wheels will have poor grip, which means the brakes will work worse.
- Do not attempt stunts on your bike unless your vehicle is designed to do so.
Learning to ride a bike is not difficult, the main thing is to have the desire and patience. There are a huge number of teaching methods, we have described one of the possible.
Teach a child to ride a bike (experience of friends)
I think each of the parents faced this problem. the child has nothing to do during the holidays. It’s good if there are grandparents in the village who will take your child for the summer, or there is an opportunity to take vouchers to health camps. And if not, your child will wander around the house, demanding attention, and you will not explain to him that you have a job. Or sit day and night at the computer, fighting monsters. Summer, there are no children in the courtyards, many have gone on vacation. The child has nothing to do.
I found a way out for myself and bought a bicycle for my child. I have a daughter, 13 years old. There was no one to teach to ride. neither I nor my wife know how to ride a bicycle. So, more theoreticians than practitioners.
Choosing a bike
I asked everyone who could, on the subject: how to choose a bike for a child, it turned out that there are much more pitfalls than when choosing an adult mountain bike (see the article “choosing a mountain bike”). I found out that it is necessary to choose a bike according to height, so that the feet touch the ground when the rider is sitting on the harness. The seat on bicycles is generally adjustable so it can be adjusted to the desired height.
Learning to Ride: Landing
We put our beauty on a bicycle with difficulty. Teenagers at this age are terribly notorious and not confident in themselves and their strengths.
She was capricious and claimed that she would never be able to go, that she had no sense of balance at all. In the end, through long persuasion, she agreed to study.
At the first stage, it was quite difficult to learn how to keep balance. This is the hardest moment to get on your bike and lift both feet off the ground. At first it didn’t work at all.
Then I began to hold the bike, and she tried to put both feet on the pedals. Here, too, you need a lot of patience, otherwise you will start to lose your temper and get angry that the child is not doing anything, thereby destroying his desire to learn. Calmly, patiently teach the child, then he will go on his own, without your help.
Teaching a child to ride with spaced wheels
It is already clear now that at that time it was necessary to buy a bicycle with rear wheels. Then there would be much less problems with training.
In theory, it would look like this:
- First, the child rides on a two-wheeled bicycle and two additional wheels on the sides. They will not let the child fall in any direction.
- Later, the child gets used to it and one wheel is removed. At the same time, they are asked to try to ride so as not to get up on the additional wheel.
- As soon as you feel that the child has already got used to it, the last wheel is removed and learning to ride on two wheels begins.
After the first successes, another problem began. After driving a few meters, the balance was lost, panic began, the bike wiggled, the daughter jumped off it, and again tried to ride.
I held it on the side, then behind the wheel in front, then behind. This went on for a week. We went out for a drive in the evenings, for 2-3 hours. But this week was worth a lot!
A week later, my child, to his own surprise, got on a bike and rode on his own, without my support. For another week, we developed the skills of driving with turns, turns, on uneven surfaces.
Now we ride constantly, we go for a walk on the school field, where she cuts circles for several hours. Riding a bike is useful (see the article “Is it useful to ride a bike”), all muscles tightened, the fullness left the hips. At first, the daughter complained that her legs hurt a little after skiing, now the pains have gone and cycling is only a joy.
How to teach adults
It is more difficult for an adult to learn something new, even such seemingly nonsense as riding a bicycle, while for a child, learning to ride a bicycle is much easier. But in fact, this technique is not so simple, because you need not only to be able to keep balance and pedal, but also to enter the turns correctly, brake smoothly and start correctly. To learn how to ride a bike in the shortest possible time, you need to study the instructions below.
By the way, we recommend:
To learn how to ride a bike in just a few hours, you need to do everything in the following sequence:
- The height and tilt of the seat needs to be adjusted, and so does the steering wheel. It is important to “fit” the bike for yourself, taking into account the following rules: the legs on the pedals in the lower position are extended almost completely, the arms are extended, the body is tilted forward. Sitting on the saddle, it is important to reach with your feet, namely your toes, to the ground.
- Try the brakes. Those who do not know how to teach how to ride a bike need to know that it is better for beginners to use the rear brake, since the front brake is more dangerous.
- Work out the landing. You need to learn how to quickly and accurately get on the bike and get off it the same way.
- Practice keeping your balance. To learn to ride without falling, you first need to get used to the bike. Sit on the saddle and try to keep your balance without moving. Legs just need to be lifted off the ground, keeping in the air.
- Take a ride without pedals. The person who needs to be taught to ride a bike must ride, leaning on his feet and pushing them off the ground. You don’t have to pedal straight away. This way you will be able to feel the bike, learn how to operate it.
- Drive across the plain. Now you can ride with the pedals. First, it is better to ride on level ground so as not to be intimidated by the speed. But it is important to pedal intensively, because if you go too slowly, the risk of falling increases.
- Go down the hill. You need to look at the road and keep the speed at the same level. At this stage, you can try the brake in action, improve your balance.
- Learn to turn. You need to drive into a turn not only with the steering wheel, but also by tilting the body.
That’s all. Completed the lesson on how to learn to ride a bike. After a short workout, it will turn out not only to stay in the saddle, but to ride perfectly.
The text was prepared by Roman Borisov. Published: May 29, 2020. Categories: Skating.