This is what the camera looks like with packaging. convenient and compact
The tube is a flat thin rubber tube with a nipple that fits inside the bicycle rim, is covered with a tire on top and inflated to the pressure required for the wheels.
Since the chamber consists of a nipple and a tube, it is divided into different variations according to these components. Thus, according to the type of nipple, the cameras are divided into:
- with dunlop nipple;
- with presta nipple;
- with shrader nipple.
The dunlop nipple is now almost obsolete. But sometimes it can still be found on different models of children’s and city Soviet bicycles. Its thickness is between the presta and shrader nipples. An unpleasant feature of this nipple is that some pumps do not support it. Although most pumps at the moment are still universal. Can be inflated with a bicycle pump for Presta nipple.
The next type of nipple, perhaps the most common, is the shrader. It is a common auto-nipple. So, in the absence of your own pump, you can always stop any motorist on the road and ask him for a pump.
- It is quite easy to pierce the chamber. It is important to know how to glue the bike tube
Cameras are different in size
We decided on the type of nipple. now we need to decide on the size of the chamber. All cameras must be sized to fit the wheel on which they will be used. Wheels can be of different sizes. So for city bicycles, wheels with a diameter of 26 inches are most often used. BMX bikes and kids’ bikes can have 20 “wheels. On road bikes, the wheels can be 29 inches.
- Also, 29 “wheels are used for 29ers, read on immediately which wheels are better than 26 or 29″.
To determine which camera you choose, you need to look at the markings on the wheel tire. So the marking can look like 26 × 1.95. These figures represent a wheel diameter of 26 inches and a wheel width of 1.95 inches respectively. Or, if translated into our millimeters, it will be 559 mm rim diameter and 50 mm tire width. So do not forget to look at these numbers on your tires when you go to the camera seller. So that your trip does not turn into phrases:
As I said in my article on bicycle tires. Tires and wheels are different. It all depends on your type of ride. The most versatile cameras are Welter Weight cameras, which means a regular camera. Its wall thickness is 0.9 mm. It can be installed on almost any type of bike, including bmx and kids. The nipple type used for these is Presta and Shrader. This tube has an excellent balance between weight and puncture rate.
There are two other types of cycling cameras. downhill cameras and freeride cameras. For freeriding, the tire thickness goes up to 1.2 mm, for downhill this value is generally 1.5 mm. Thus, the camera becomes almost bulletproof. These chambers are designed accordingly for increased loads. Downhill uses powerful double suspensions, the front and rear forks of such a bike are equipped with powerful shock absorbers, their weight is very large. this is practically a lightweight motorcycle. The weight of the camera is also significant from 300. 500 grams.
- Find out more about downhill bikes for extreme downhill.
- Unfamiliar words are very common among cyclists, one of which is freeriding. What is freeride?
- What is the price of a camera for a bicycle, and what are the leading manufacturers of bicycle cameras on the market: www.velosipedinfo.ru/kakaya-tsena-kameryi-na-velosiped
Will Super Glue and Electrical Tape Patch an Inner Tube?
If you have been riding your bike for several days, after reading these lines, you will definitely have to decide which camera is right for you.
Why Teflon Bicycle Chain Lubricant Is Good
Teflon-based lubricant is a very common and suitable option. Almost all types of chains are lubricated with Teflon. The term Teflon comes from the developer DuPont, and the chemical term is polyfluoroethylene (PTFE). Teflon has an extremely low coefficient of friction relative to the contacting solid surfaces of the bicycle chain (plates, rollers).
In addition to bicycles, Teflon lubricant is applied to more complex and demanding mechanisms. For better penetration into hard-to-reach areas, Teflon is diluted with oil or solvent in accordance with the operating conditions of the mechanism (dry, dusty or wet roads).
It is advisable to lubricate the chain with a thick layer in wet conditions, since water will not wash off the protective agent immediately. However, in dry conditions, a thick layer promotes rapid accumulation of dirt, which will negatively affect the well-coordinated operation of the mechanism. When driving on dry and dusty roads, it is best to coat the chain with a thin layer of lubricant. Moderate lubrication assumes comparatively less adhesion of road dust than a thick layer.
The best way to lubricate a bicycle chain
Among the many lubricants used:
- Special liquid oils that can be used to lubricate all types of chains, damping systems, brakes. The oil penetrates well into hard-to-reach places, due to which the smooth operation of bicycle parts is ensured.
- Two-component aerosols. The aerosol is great for any switch and can be used to lubricate threads and cables. When spraying, hard-to-reach areas are treated, and excess aerosol on the surface is removed with a rag. Due to the kerosene contained in the aerosol, damaged parts are easy to separate.
- Plastic lubricants. This type is used not only as a lubricant, it is also used to seal all types of joints.
- Lubricants containing calcium (“Solidol”, “Uniol”). It is allowed to process any connections and nodes. Calcium stays on the surface of lubricated parts for a very long time, which ensures their well-coordinated work.
- Lubricants with lithium from the category of plastic types. “Fiol”, “Litol-24”.
All of these lubricants are designed to quickly and thoroughly lubricate all bicycle components. Timely maintenance of the bike allows you to keep its transmission in order.
Pros and cons of wax lubricant
Wax lubrication is used mainly by cleanliness lovers who travel more on dry roads. The waxed chain has a very aesthetic appearance.
- Pros of using wax lubricant. Since the wax is able to protect the chain from dirt adhering, frequent cleaning of the mechanism is not required. In dry weather, the protective layer lasts for several months. When the need for chain maintenance arises, the coating begins to fly off in flakes.
- Cons of using wax coating When using the bike in a wet environment, the chain should be lubricated quite often. In addition, it is rather difficult to wax hard-to-reach areas. For travel in wet weather, it is better to give preference to oil lubricants that penetrate well into the chain.
Advice. To grease the chain well, it must first be cleaned well with a special machine or manually. Lubrication of the chain is carried out exclusively with materials intended for this, but not in any way with sunflower or machine oil. When choosing biodegradable lubricants, you don’t have to come into contact with chemicals.
Find your sport
Among cyclists, the question is quite relevant: how to lubricate the bicycle chain. The correct lubricant will ensure adequate transmission of your bike. The correct choice of lubricant avoids unnecessary problems such as incorrect gear shifting, system contamination, premature wear of parts.
Which parts of the bike chain need to be lubricated
The chain is lubricated in two ways: aerosol and drip. The aerosol is convenient to use, but drip treatment of the mechanism is still considered the correct method. The chain is lubricated in places:
- friction of rivets on inner plates;
- contact of internal and external plates with each other;
- inside the roller for its free rotation around its own axis.
Since the chain needs internal lubrication rather than external lubrication, it is advisable to use the drip method. It will take patience to dig in all the link joints. In turn, spraying with aerosol significantly reduces the time.
Attention! With the aerosol method, not only the chain is lubricated, but also other areas that do not need it at all. Lubrication on brake discs, rims, brake pads contributes to excessive contamination of these elements and disruption of the transmission.
As a compromise solution, you can use a two-component lubricant that is diluted with a solvent. The lubrication process takes a short time, and the oil penetrates well into the chain.
Bicycle tube repair consists of several steps. All of them can be done without any problems both at home and on the road. It will be necessary to disassemble the bicycle wheel, seal the hole and put everything back together. For an experienced cyclist, this procedure takes about 15 minutes, a beginner will need about half an hour.
The glueless method that comes from the automotive world is vulcanization, which is also used on a bicycle. Requires special equipment, but reliably repairs punctures. The essence of the vulcanization process is that the peeled patch and the chamber are pressed against each other with great force and heating, in fact, they are fused, forming a single structure.
Repair a Bike Inner Tube leak with super glue and paper!
Vulcanization is much more reliable than any adhesive patches, but requires skill and additional equipment. By the way, there are “household” or home-made vulcanizers, consisting of a vice with a cylinder and a chamber for burning, for example, gasoline or other fuel. The only advice that can be given is to be careful with fire.
There is also an extreme case when in a problem situation the rider is left without glue and tools, for example, a puncture was received while riding around the city, but you still need to get to the house. In such situations, there are also ways out. For example, the chamber is cleaned and a patch is applied to it in such a way that when the inflation is strong, the pressure presses the patch.
Otherwise, if there is no patch, tape or a wetted plastic bag is used. In case of situational repair by “applying” the surfaces are not cleaned with emery, but on the contrary, they are wiped as smoothly as possible so that there are fewer gaps.
Of course, all these methods are temporary, and they only work for a short time, subject to strict restrictions:
- The contact surface must be clean and smooth.
- Shock loading of the wheel is prohibited.
- The pressure must be constantly monitored and kept at maximum.
How to glue a bike camera?
A punctured tire on a bike can ruin the entire bike ride. Especially if you don’t know how to fix such a nuisance. A good rider does everything with his own hands. How to glue a bicycle camera at home? What tools should be used, what is stripping and vulcanization? Detailed instructions will help you figure it out.
Alternative repair versions
There are situations when there is no repair kit with you. It is impossible to predict everything, but we will give a couple of recommendations:
- The patch can be made from any rubber, including an old camera, automotive or technical rubber.
- What kind of glue to use is not very important, as long as it is intended for rubber. It is better not to use hardening industrial and household compounds.
(DIY) How To Patch A Bike Tube Without A Patch Kit House Hold Iteams
How to put the wheel back together
- We pump up the camera and check the quality of our repairs, looking for missed damage.
- Letting out the air.
- Carefully place the camera inside the tire.
- Using the mounting kit, we install the tire and the camera on the rim, it is better to pump it up a little beforehand.
- The wheel is fully inflated and locked into place.