Tri-Cycles Race Bike
Tri-Cycles Race Bike is another sports bike in the world of GTA 5. Its main features are a shortened wheelbase, a lightweight frame and an inverted handlebar. Not surprisingly, this is one of the fastest bikes in the game. The bike is available exclusively in the course of the “Triathlon” mission; you will not find it anywhere else in the game. But everything is for sale. Tri-Cycles Race Bike is no exception. the cost of which in GTA 5 is 10 thousand
Learning to properly control your bike
So, the first successes have been achieved. it is possible to drive a certain distance on the rear wheel. It is now necessary to learn how to control the bike in this position.
Again we recall physics, the rules for the vector expansion of the applied force, in this case. from the center of gravity. Using my knees as a counterweight, you can quickly learn to “steer”. just tilt them in the right direction of the turn. It is clear that sharp movements should be excluded. this will provoke an inevitable fall.
You can adjust the direction of movement with the steering wheel, but in a mirror image. to turn to the right, the steering wheel is turned to the left, and vice versa. With more practice, every cyclist will find the most appropriate way to make turns.
Disputes often arise. it is better to sit in the saddle or stand on the pedals with bent legs. There is no general recipe. both methods have a right to exist, the main thing is that the correct location of the center of gravity above the rear wheel is observed. By the way, this largely depends on the design features of the bike. In any case, with good skills, it will be possible to ride, sitting in the saddle, with an air of complete serenity.
Endurex Race Bike
The Endurex is your typical sports bike. Its aerodynamic performance is ideal for racing. But, unfortunately, high speed is achieved at the cost of comfort and handling, which seriously suffer from this model. Interestingly, in the case of this bike, we again encounter the humor of the developers, who apparently named it in Honor by the well-known condom manufacturer (Durex).
The Scorcher is a true mountain bike, the main advantage of which is excellent handling and traction, allowing you to confidently overcome the most uneven sections. His speed is not the most outstanding (although who will demand this from a mountain bike?), But acceleration is one of the best in the game.
You can find it in the reserve of Mount Chiliad, and in the Paleto forest. Sometimes he can be found near the residence of Michael de Santa.
Getting ready for the first lessons
- Before you start exercising, it is wise to provide protective equipment. a bicycle helmet, elbow pads and knee pads. Unfortunately, practice shows that it is practically impossible to do without falls at the first stage of training.
- The second question is the choice of technique. Almost all bicycles are suitable for riding on the rear wheel, but it is best to master this method on models of the mountain class. They have a different design than other types and are called off-road bikes or mountain bikes in another way. On such models, training will be faster and easier. the stability parameters of such bicycles are much higher. In general, heavy-duty, heavy-duty frames and 26-inch wheels are best suited for rear wheel riding.
- The optimal gear selection is the smallest sprocket on the pedals and the middle sprocket on the wheel (1-3). Setting too high a gear will make it difficult to maintain balance, too low will not give the necessary acceleration.
- For the convenience of mastering the technique, it is better to lower the seat to the minimum height. The operation of the rear handbrake will be important, ideally if it is hydraulic.
A new type of skateboard appeared not so long ago, but it is quite successfully conquering the world. Rollersurf. skateboard on two wheels.
Also, do not miss an interesting story about how to learn parkour.
How to step on the rear wheel of a bike
Among fans of cycling, video sketches posted on the Internet are very popular, where experienced craftsmen skillfully and effectively move on the rear wheel. This spectacle is quite interesting, causing a special desire in teenagers to learn such a riding practice.
Moving on the rear wheel of a bicycle is called Wheelie or surf riding. To learn this, you will need a few compulsory lessons that step by step reveal the technique and subtleties of the trick.
The Cruiser is the slowest and heaviest bike in the game. It is so bulky that you cannot rear wheel or jump on it. But this is offset by very good handling and ride comfort.
If you want to take a leisurely pleasure trip somewhere in the provincial areas of GTA 5. feel free to sit on this model.
Where to find a bike? The easiest option is on Vespucci beach in a service that rents bicycles.
So, the first lesson. you need to learn how to properly raise the front wheel.
Moving at an average speed (about 15 kilometers per hour), hold the steering wheel with straight arms. Then, simultaneously with pressing the pedal with your jogging foot, shift the center of gravity to the area of the rear wheel and make a small jerk with straight arms.
According to all laws of physics, the front wheel should rise above the road surface. It is clear that all movements and efforts must be strictly proportioned so that the bike does not trivially roll out from under the rider or immediately take its original position.
One of the main mistakes beginners make is that they rely on a strong jerk with their hands, which inevitably leads to a loss of control over the “machine”. Remember that the first place should be exactly the correct placement of the center of gravity, then even a small effort on the steering wheel will be enough.
It is also necessary to maintain balance with body movements, and not by a jerky application of force to the steering wheel. In general, the arms should always be kept upright and tense. Some flexion of tense arms is acceptable, but this way they get tired very quickly.
Do not hope that the first successes in lifting the wheel off the ground are almost everything. Only long-term practice, which may take a lot of time, will help to subtly feel the moment of balance and allow you to keep it for a long time.
What are the similarities and differences between a longboard, a skateboard and a mini-longboard, you can find out from the material on our website.
Have you ever dreamed of learning how to fly? You can find out about some types of paragliders here.
For parkour lovers, we have collected five of the best films about this extreme sport. Read the link: pro-extrim.com/other/kino/film-pro-parkur.html
Padding the cone
This situation is the opposite of the previous one: the flare nuts are tightened too tightly, which causes excessive friction in the hub and the wheel loses roll. In this case, adjustment of the cones is also required, and all actions are similar to those described above.
Setting the travel limit to the largest sprocket
- So that nothing interferes with the movement of the spreader, loosen the adjusting screw marked “L”.
- Slowly crank the pedals and at the same time transfer the chain to the largest sprocket in the back.
- We turn the adjusting screw marked “L”, thereby achieving alignment of the spreader in the position when its rollers and the largest sprocket of the cassette are on the same line.
Please note: in this case, if the spreader is already heavily worn out, to facilitate the installation / adjustment process, you need to move its frame towards the wheel. In many cases, it is this minimum frame displacement that is not enough to throw the chain into the desired position.
How to rear wheel hop pedal/kick a trials bike. MTB Trials for beginners
Adjusting the cable tension
Such an adjustment is carried out literally in 2 steps:
- We tighten the cable and fix it with a mounting bolt. over, you need to do this with your hand, it is inappropriate to use pliers in this case.
- We rotate the hollow screw with a drum and tighten the cable in such a way that with one click and pressing of the shifter, the transfer device easily and unimpeded (without delay even for a second) switches from one sprocket to another and back.
It is worth noting that the process of adjusting the cable tension takes several minutes. it is enough to adjust the correct transition only between two adjacent sprockets, and everything else will work automatically.
Please note: some models of bicycles have a groove for the cable in the clip. make sure when adjusting that it lies exactly in it, and is not pinched in the wrong position
The front wheel is noisy
Having discovered a malfunction of the front wheel, you must immediately find out what the reason is and make repairs. When disassembling the front wheel, you need to take the following steps one by one:
- Remove the wheel from the bike frame.
- Disassemble the bushing in detail, clean it.
- Check for damage.
- If there are no malfunctions, re-grease, install separate bearings.
- Tighten the radial nut on one side of the axle, then tighten the lock nut.
- Bring axis back.
- Twist from the other end, so that the length of the nuts on the sides of the axis is equal.
- Secure bearings with normal tension locknuts.
- Make sure the nuts are evenly tightened (work should be done with two thin open-end wrenches).
- Install the wheel in its original place, tighten it with nuts for clamping.
- Check if the wheel rotates smoothly, if there is any backlash.
- If a gap is found, remove it using a washer.
- Performed while standing, on bent legs, standing parallel on the pedals.
- Low speed.
- Body weight (body) tilted back to reduce front wheel load.
- Continuously working rear brake to reduce speed.
The trick, like the previous one, can be considered “just skating”, but pay attention to how ordinary guys on the street and real tricks pass the stairs. Technique is actually very important
Mountain bike stunts
Broken or bent axis
Another common problem is axle curvature or violation of its integrity, caused by low-quality materials used in their manufacture, or by the design features of the bushing itself. Such breakdowns are mainly characteristic of ratchet bushings, since their support bearings are too far from the axle attachment point in the dropouts of the frame feathers. The result is too large a lever, and when the load increases, the axle becomes unusable.
Broken rear axle of a bicycle
Release the cable
To do this, it is enough to screw in the tension screws on the rear spreader and on the handlebar near the shifter all the way, and then pull the cable out of the clamping screw.
Experts do not recommend completely removing the released bicycle cable, but inspect it for damage (if they are found, the cable will have to be completely replaced) and thoroughly lubricate it, having previously cleaned it of dirt, it is imperative.
When to Service the Rear Hub
To ensure that bike parts are always in perfect technical condition, they must be regularly serviced. If we consider the rear hub of a bicycle, then for it you will need:
- periodically tighten the body;
- regularly change the bearing balls;
- at the next disassembly, lubricate all internal parts of the case;
- adjust the brake hub from time to time.
Dismantling the rear wheel itself is as easy as shelling pears, but the process of removing and disassembling / assembling the rear bicycle hub is much more difficult. And nevertheless, without such regular maintenance of the part in question, it may soon need to be overhauled or replaced.
Signs that indicate an urgent need for service on the rear bicycle hub:
- when driving, there is a strong wheel play;
- the crunch of bearings is clearly audible (this means that they are simply worn out);
- on the go, the bike body rattles and staggers;
- rolling dynamics is bad.
How to Wheelie a Mountain Bike | 3 Easy Steps!
It is worth knowing some of the features of eliminating a particular symptom:
- If the rear hub casing is spinning, its looseness, then this can be eliminated by tightening the fastening nuts.
- If the movement of the rear wheel is difficult, then it may be necessary to loosen the retaining nut a little. most likely, too much force was applied when tightening it.
- If extraneous sounds appear when the bike is moving and the roll-forward deteriorates, you will need to replace the bearings or completely lubricate the rear hub housing.
How to assemble the rear wheel of a bike
The procedure for replacing the bearing of the rear wheel of a bicycle
The rotational motion of the wheel is provided by its axle. the hub. In turn, the hub works thanks to the hinge mechanism, which is built into it and ensures uniform transmission of forces and movement of the bike. Bearing wear affects the bike‘s performance negatively and prevents the mechanism from functioning.
Disassemble the hub to lubricate and replace worn bike bearings. With the rear wheel, you have to tinker a little, because in order to get to the hub, you first need to remove the cassette with sprockets. In the case of single-speed bikes, you also need to dismantle the retaining ring and the sprocket itself.
The rear wheel disassembly procedure is as follows:
Disassembly. First, remove the wheels from the dropouts. Using a cassette remover, we disassemble the stars. Open the stopper with a screwdriver or a special tool. Then, from the side opposite to the stars, unscrew the fastening nuts using a 15.
Replacement / cleaning. We remove the bearing assemblies and washers. We sort out the separator mechanism or change it to an industrial one. We replace industrial bearings with new ones. We clean the parts or replace the damaged components of the assembly. When replacing cage bearings, lubricate the assembly. When installing industrial ones, we lubricate only the inner sides of the bushing and the axle.
Important: if you are replacing worn-out parts with new ones, select them with the same characteristics as the old ones.
Assembly. We do everything in the reverse order during disassembly.
Consider the importance of correct fitting of parts
Pay attention to this when disassembling. To avoid backlash or deterioration in the quality of the wheel, all parts must be installed evenly, without distortions, exactly in the location in which they were originally
After assembly, it is necessary to check the functionality of the wheels. If the parts are installed correctly, this will be evidenced by smooth running without backlash.
Elimination of basic problems
All detected faults should be eliminated immediately in order to avoid bad consequences. To remove the backlash, you need wrenches. Basically, this is a 15 cone tool and a 17 open-end wrench. You must first unscrew the lock nut and then, depending on the situation, loosen or tighten the flare nut. Ideally, there should be no backlash at all. After handling the taper fastener, replace the locknut. The correct adjustment of the flare nut will be indicated by slight turning of the wheel due to the force of gravity perceived by the reflector or nipple.
Assembling and installing the rear wheel on the bike
A quality wheel repair is not only about disassembling, replacing, lubricating or adjusting. At the last stage, all this chaos must be collected in reverse order. All parts of the bushing mechanism are placed in the drum and carefully secured with locknuts. The drum is pushed onto the spokes, after which they must be tightened by the number of revolutions by which they were loosened.
Tightening the spoke nuts is done in the opposite direction to loosening. Here you need to remember the direction of loosening in order to tighten correctly. If the drum dangles, then you need to tighten the spokes harder.
The cassette is put on the sleeve in the following order:
- main stars;
- single stars, small stars;
- tightening the cassette mechanism with a whip.
All that remains is to put the rear wheel on the frame. A chain is put on one of the stars, and the wheel is inserted into the grooves of the frame. To top it off, all that remains is to tighten the nuts or eccentrics on both sides. After assembly, you need to spin the pedals and see if the chain runs normally in the stars. We turn the bike over and begin to ride calmly!
Anyone who actively rides a bicycle will have to deal with wheel problems one way or another. Despite the ease of maintenance, the wheel can be time-consuming at first. However, if you remember how important wheels are to a bicycle, it turns out to be not so much. What’s more, with experience, a wheel bulkhead will take minutes.
First, remove all unnecessary items from the bike that may be on it. And it is also better to unscrew all kinds of mirrors, flashlights and other little things that can be damaged during work.
- We turn the bike upside down, put it on the handlebar and seat. You can do without a special rack for repairing a bicycle, the main thing is to give it a stable position.
- We find out the type of brakes installed for further action. As usual, these are disc or rim brakes:
- disc brake. It will be easier to remove the wheel with it;
- The rim brake of the V-brake type must first be released and removed, otherwise further dismantling of the wheel will no longer be possible. (It is not difficult to release the brakes, for this you need to move the cable to the side of the fastening screw, move the levers, removing the end of the cable from the clamp, lower it down and spread the brake levers to the sides).
- Then we act depending on the type of fastening of the rear wheel to the bicycle axle. We unscrew the nuts with a wrench (one or two) or, if the mount is a disc eccentric, unscrew the brake lever and twist the wheel.
- The chain passing through the gearshift system is neatly removed from the sprockets.
The wheel is removed. Now you can carry out all the necessary further manipulations: replacement, adjustment, lubrication of parts.
What does the wheel consist of?
Bicycle wheels are the most conservative component. Of course, there are models on cast disks, all-round wheels are put on track models, but they are in the minority. Still, the majority of bicycles are equipped with spoke wheels.
- ordinary sleeve;
- connecting knitting needles;
- rim protective tape (flipper);
- camera and tire;
- disc (on models with disc brakes).
The hub is the axial part of the wheel, it is an assembly of the central axle, bearings and tapered retainers. Cone bearing systems are most often installed on bushings with open bearings. They can also be equipped with sealed bearings or slips.
Open bearing bush
Rim. supporting structure, metal ring. The rims are mostly made of aluminum, with carbon fiber rims being used on expensive models. In terms of rigidity and power, they are divided into three types:
- single-walled. the outer and inner surfaces have one line of contact (jumper);
- double. the inner surface is attached to the sidewalls, separated from the outer;
- triple. the strongest and most durable option: the inner wall is also fixed to the sidewalls, but, unlike the double rim, the triple rim has an additional wall in the middle.
Types of rims for bicycle wheels
Vertical bridges form channels running in the direction of rotation. According to the number of such channels, modern rims are divided into one, three- and five-piece:
Spokes. elements connecting the hub to the rim. They perform the functions of securing, distributing loads along the rim and central axis and mitigating vibrations during movement. The rim is perforated, each hole is designed to hold one spoke. The number of spokes is set on a bicycle wheel in multiples of four. Depending on the model, their number varies. from 28 to 40 on average.
The number of spokes for the front wheel is usually less than the number for the rear. This is due to the fact that the bulk of the load falls on the rear of the bike, and there the wheel must be stronger.
- standard (rolled). constant circular cross-section along the entire length from the bushing attachment to the tip;
- aerodynamic (blade-like). elliptical or rectangular profile;
- variable cross-section (pulled). standard cross-section at the heads and tapering towards the middle.
The inner tube is the inside of the tire that holds the pressurized air inside. Tire. the outer shell, in contact with the road, absorbs bumps, protects the camera. The tire is made of a harder rubber than the tube.
Rim tape, or flipper, is a rubber lining under the tube to protect it from puncture on the spoke tips. Dynamic loads force the walls of the chamber to bend, which causes them to be pressed against the rim surface. Without a flipper, the chamber can be forced into the hole with the spoke tip. This problem is more pronounced on the rear wheel, where the loads are higher, but the presence of a flipper is mandatory on the front. The torn tape must be replaced with a new one. A proven homemade option. glue the rim with several layers of electrical tape, except for the hole for the nipple.