How to glue a bicycle camera at home and is it possible to do without glue?
All bicycle owners are familiar with the situation when a tire suddenly blows out. This trouble usually happens at the most inopportune moment and can disrupt plans. In the past, the most reliable solution was to repair the chamber using vulcanization in specialized workshops. Now there are new materials that have greatly simplified the repair procedure. Now you do not need to carry your bicycle tube to the workshop, you can glue it yourself. We will discuss what will be needed for repairs and what is the best way to eliminate air leakage if at the time of damage a person is far from home.
What is the best glue to use?
The glue must be compatible with rubber, be waterproof, maintain strength under conditions of increased pressure, and have convenient packaging. An important characteristic is the polymerization period of a particular adhesive.
If the repair is not urgent, then you can use long-drying adhesives, for example: Octopus (40 rubles / 50 ml), 88-CA (50 rubles / 60 ml), Moment-1 Classic (110 rubles / 50 ml). The listed formulations dry out within a day and are inexpensive. However, they are not suitable for urgent repairs. Once glued, the bike cannot be used for 24 hours, which is not always acceptable.
To instantly eliminate air leaks and repair in the field, quick-drying adhesives are more suitable: Loctite Super Attak Gel (300 rubles / 3 ml) and its domestic counterpart Super Moment Gel (50 rubles / 3 ml). The advantage of these formulations is polymerization within 5 seconds. The disadvantage is higher cost for less volume. In addition, the use of such super glue requires a certain skill, since an incorrectly applied patch will instantly adhere to the camera, and it will not be possible to re-glue it.
- release the brakes on the wheel to be repaired;
- release the eccentric;
- remove the wheel using a wrench and lay it horizontally;
- lower the bike to the ground with its left side down, so as not to damage the speed switch;
- bleed off the remaining air from the chamber by opening the nipple;
- hook the edge of the tire over the side with one of the plastic dismantling blades;
- using the second paddle to remove the tire in a circular motion;
- pull the camera out from under the free edge, trying not to displace the tire relative to the wheel rim;
- inspect the tire and feel it with your hands in order to find the spikes, glass fragments or other sharp objects that caused the puncture.
The next step is to repair the camera in one of the following ways:
- repair kit;
- planting self-made patches on glue;
- temporary repairs using scrap materials;
- the imposition of a liquid patch or sealant;
The sealed tube is then checked for leaks and inserted back into the tire. This is done like this:
- insert the camera nipple into the hole in the wheel rim;
- moving in a circle, tuck the camera into the tire with your hands;
- pump up the camera a little, about half;
- fill the previously disassembled edge of the tire under the rim;
- make sure the tube and tire are in the correct position;
- pump up the chamber to the pressure recommended by the manufacturer;
- install the wheel;
- twist the eccentric;
- fasten the brakes.
How to prevent punctures and tears?
It will not be possible to completely eliminate the likelihood of punctures, but there are several ways that can reduce the number of damage and repairs. Preventive measures are as follows:
- choose tighter tires, such as road tires;
- buy tires with an anti-puncture layer;
- timely change worn-out rubber to a new one;
- install a tube that matches the size of the tire or slightly larger to ensure a snug fit;
- do not use cameras longer than the prescribed expiration date (from 3 to 4 years);
- do not ride unnecessarily over rough terrain, and overcome suspicious areas on foot, driving a bike nearby.
How to find the puncture site of the camera?
First of all, you need to find and mark the location of the air leak. To do this, remove the wheel from the bicycle and remove the tube from the tire. Large defects can be seen on visual inspection. They help to detect the whistling of air coming out of the hole.
However, situations are even more complicated. What should a cyclist do if he stumbles upon a scattering of thorns and damages the camera in several places? There are several ways to find punctures in this case:
- With water. This method is used if there is a nearby container with water or a reservoir. The inflated bicycle tube is immersed in the water completely and you watch where the air bubbles come from. Places found are marked with a ballpoint pen.
- The tactile way. The section of the camera where the hole is supposed to be is brought up to the face. The sensitive skin of the face or lips is better able to sense even small leaks, from which the air escapes silently.
- Using foam. The soap solution is whipped, the resulting foam is applied to the surface of the tire. Instead of soap, you can mix dishwashing detergent or shampoo with water. Damage points can be found by rapidly expanding single bubbles.
- With the use of powder. The surface of the chamber is sprinkled with powder, talc, flour, starch or other fine powder. In field conditions, it can be replaced with fine dust. At the site of damage, the escaping air will blow away the powder.
Is it possible to repair the camera without glue?
You can seal the hole in your bike tube without glue. Recently, a product has appeared on the market that allows you to eliminate even multiple holes without sealing. This product is called anti-puncture fluid and is a suspension of carbon fiber particles in a viscous polymer. Polymer with fibers is poured into the chamber and, under the action of centrifugal force, is distributed along its walls in an even layer.
At the moment of puncture, the air stream rushes outward and carries away the fibers that get stuck in the hole. The resulting plug is impregnated with the liquid component of the sealant and firmly seals the hole. The resulting microlat is inside and is additionally held by the air pressure in the chamber cavity. This method can be used both for express repairs and for preventing air leaks in case of damage.
The bottle with anti-puncture liquid is equipped with a tip through which the composition can be poured into the chamber through a nipple. A huge plus of this method is that you do not need to remove the wheel from the bike and remove the camera to fix it.
How To Fix Up An Old Bike | Sell It, Ride It, Gift it
Another method of sealing damaged rubber has been known for a long time and is called hot vulcanization. The puncture site is pressed and heated to the melting point of the rubber. This temperature is 140-150 ° C and can be obtained not only in a tire workshop, but also at home using an iron.
- release air from the chamber;
- clean the surface in the area of the puncture from dirt and sand with sandpaper;
- put on a table or other horizontal surface with a puncture up;
- apply a ready-made patch or a piece of rubber cut by yourself;
- put the temperature regulator at 150 ° C and turn on the iron;
- cover the patch with a sheet of paper or a thick cotton cloth and put a hot iron on it;
- press with an iron for 5 minutes;
- remove the iron and paper, let the rubber cool completely;
- check the quality of the repair.
How to use the repair kit?
An example of a complete set of a Chinese-made repair kit:
- portable case;
- a set of keys of different sizes;
- accessories for removing the tube from the tire;
- a tube of glue;
- device for cleaning the tire surface;
- large, medium and small patches.
Sets of this type cost from 500 rubles. They are equipped with tools that allow you to repair the bike yourself without resorting to the services of a workshop. A simplified repair kit consists of a set of patches, glue and sandpaper to clean the puncture site. It costs less.
- Park Tool Vulcanizing Patch Kit for 280 rubles. Contains 4 round (25 mm diameter) and 2 oval (25 × 35 mm) patches, glue, sandpaper.
- Lezyne Smart Kit priced at 290 rubles. Consists of a sheet of sandpaper and 6 patches coated on one side with a super sticky adhesive layer.
- Park Tool Super Patch Kit for 360 rubles. Contains a sheet of sandpaper and 6 self-adhesive patches with a diameter of 25 mm.
- Green Cycle YC-129A for 278 rubles. Contains a tube of glue, sandpaper, hooks for removing the tube from the tire, round patches.
- dismantle the wheel;
- remove the tube from the tire;
- find and mark the place of damage;
- release air from the chamber;
- clean the surface of the chamber at the puncture site until the dirt is completely removed and a black matte color is obtained;
- apply a thin layer of glue to and around the hole;
- print the patch, being careful not to touch the orange degreased side with your fingers;
- apply the patch with the grease-free side to the area greased with glue and press down with your fingers;
- remove the protective film from the outside of the patch;
- wait for the glue drying period specified in the instructions;
- inflate the tire and check the tightness.
We go over the bike ourselves: instructions for the kettle
When starting to sort out a bicycle, you need to be prepared for the fact that every detail in it will require attention and sufficient knowledge about its structure.
The process of caring for a frame is, first of all, keeping it clean. That is why it is extremely important to completely clean the frame of foreign dirt and dust before rebuilding the bike in order to avoid problems with dirt particles getting into the working mechanisms.
TIP! Washing under running water with a soft sponge and soapy water is ideal for preparing the frame for bulkhead.
Inspecting the most delicate and damaged areas for cracks or chips is a necessary step to avoid future problems. Experienced cyclists advise that the following parts be especially carefully inspected: head tube, bottom bracket tube, rear suspension and rear triangle stays. If scuffs or chips of paint are found on the frame, then they must be quickly painted over: spray paint does an excellent job with this task.
Drivetrain: chain, system, cassette, ratchet and gear shifters
The bike chain is the second part that needs regular maintenance. If there is a special lock on the chain, removing the chain is not a problem, but even if it is absent, it can be easily removed using a special chain squeeze. Cleaning the chain from dirt, lubricating the rollers and checking the tension is an elementary but necessary maintenance of the chain.
The system is cleaned, as well as the chain, using a special solvent. And when assembling it, it is extremely important to observe the correct setting of the stars: so that the special pin on the middle star looks at the carriage.
The cassette, that is, a set of rear sprockets, also needs regular cleaning with a solvent from dirt and dust. With the help of a special device. a puller, the process of removing and installing the cassette is not difficult even for an inexperienced cyclist.
For the ratchet bulkhead, a similar principle works: the industrial bearing is simply washed and relubricated, and the ball bearing is checked for damage to the balls, they are changed if necessary, washed and lubricated. This maintenance ensures a significant improvement in the overall performance of the bicycle mechanism.
Since the ride comfort depends on the switches and their adequate operation, then the bulkhead should be carried out especially carefully. The correct positioning of the mechanism relative to the system and the cassette stars, as well as the correct adjustment of the screws limiting the foot travel. the required minimum adjustment after the bulkhead. In addition, it is important to lubricate and clean the torsion and tension springs of the rollers in time, as well as check the degree of cable tension.
Required minimum tools for bike repair
Like other repair and technical work, bicycle repairs cannot be carried out without a set of necessary tools. Each cyclist should have a basic set so that he can carry out routine repairs of the bike on his own:
- Wrenches. preferably several sizes in a set.
- Hex Keys. Included.
- Screwdrivers. both Phillips and slotted screwdrivers are needed.
- Pliers in assortment.
- Scissors and clamps.
- Tweezers and mallet.
- End caps.
In addition to the basic tools, masters recommend gradually increasing their number and adding to their working box: a squeeze for a chain, a ratchet and socket wrench, a spoke wrench, a chain brush and other important bicycle tools.
In addition to the tools listed, you also need to prepare a sufficient base of consumables: oil of various types (each of which is needed for a great part. for the fork, for the oil seals, for the chain and pedals), brake fluid and hydraulic oil, solvent and cleaner to fight dirt. All these fluids will not only make the process of caring for your bike much easier, but also keep it in perfect condition.
The design of the carriages, both integrated and cartridge, is considered virtually non-separable, but in practice, craftsmen sometimes disassemble them for routine maintenance. When rebuilding the carriages, it is important to remember the location of the parts: two cups of an industrial bearing must occupy the places strictly assigned to them.
- Read more about the bike carriage device in our article.
Two Wheel Friend Lubricants
A bicycle is a complex mechanism that requires regular, gentle lubrication to ensure that all parts work properly. A bike enthusiast should know what exactly to lubricate (and this is the carriage, and the hinge units, and bearings, and the bushing, and the pedals) and what exactly to lubricate (only a special lubricant should be used for each part).
The following lubricants are used to lubricate the bicycle:
- The aerosol is suitable for treating articulated joints, as well as chains and cables in the event that emergency care is required and there is no time for full lubrication.
- Liquid lubricant (for example, I5A oil) is intended for the chain and drum of the rear hub. The peculiarity of such a lubricant is point application, which makes it a preferable option. But it is not suitable for riding in the cold, as it quickly hardens in the cold and makes it difficult for the mechanism to work properly.
- Grease is more suitable for lubricating bearing assemblies and threads.
Wheels: hubs, rims and spokes
Since the wheels are considered to be the most loaded part of the bicycle, then a little more attention should be paid to them. A timely bulkhead and bicycle maintenance guarantees not only comfortable riding, but also a long service life of the mechanisms. Bushings with industrial bearings can rarely be sorted out, once every two seasons is enough: this can be explained by a large margin of safety. But mechanisms with ball bearings should be sorted out once a season in order, if necessary, to replace balls with dents or scuffs.
In pursuit of bike lighter weight, manufacturers often skimp on rims, making them less and less durable. This can lead to such an unpleasant phenomenon as the beating of the rim: for example, the traditional axial (figure eight) or radial (in which the wheel resembles an egg). This problem is corrected using a special key for the spokes: after removing the tire, the spokes are pulled in the opposite direction from the curvature.
TIP! In this case, it is important to tighten the spokes on one side and loosen them on the other: this will guarantee the normal rigidity of the wheels.
- Is your wheel bent and don’t know how to fix it? The article How to fix a figure eight on a bicycle wheel will help you.
- How to tighten your bicycle spokes. Discover.
It is the bicycle pedals that are considered the most delicate mechanism, therefore they wear out faster than others. It is as simple as possible to check their work: for this you just need to turn the pedals a couple of times. Cranking too slowly or stopping quickly is a sign of insufficient lubrication. The pedals should be disassembled traditionally: from the end, sorting out the already familiar ball or industrial bearings according to the standard scheme.
TIP! For contact pedals, it is important not to forget about the obligatory lubrication of the springs, otherwise the shoes will snap too tightly, which will create difficulties when riding.
DIY Stealth bike repair: subtleties and tips
Modern bicycles (high-speed, full-suspension, mountain, hybrid, road, etc.) have a beautiful and graceful look. They consist of complex mechanisms (disc brakes, bottom bracket, shock absorber, cassette, etc.) that significantly increase ride comfort, but require constant maintenance. In order to repair any part, you need to know what it consists of and how it works.
From this article you will learn about the complex repair of a Stealth bike with your own hands, after which you will be able to service it yourself. We will also discuss several complex mechanisms (bicycle cassette, carriage), how exactly they need to be repaired and what tools will be needed for this.
What roads is Stels Adrenalin intended for?
Due to its weak amortization, this bike is intended only for urban roads at an average distance (up to 50 km per day). The front fork wears out quickly, but replacing it with a more powerful one can significantly extend its life. Stels Adrenalin has reinforced front and rear rims. Therefore, for a while, you can not worry about their curvature.
In order to repair a Stealth bike with your own hands, you will need a little knowledge and all the necessary tools.
As you know, there are only a few types of bicycle carriages. cartridge and integrated. Both types consist of industrial bearings, which are connected to the shaft and connecting rods using a spline connection. In fact, the cartridge carriage cannot be disassembled, but if it is integrated, then it is quite amenable to such manipulations.
How to fix a torn Bicycle seat with your own hands
When disassembling, you will stumble upon two completely identical cups, which contain industrial bearings. Pay attention immediately to their location. After cleaning and lubricating the two cups and carriage tube, they must be reinstalled where they were. As a rule, the first cause of the breakdown. this is the wrong thread position.
Tools with which you can service the carriage:
- puller for mechanisms;
- special wrench for squeezing the connecting rods;
- slotted wrenches;
- set of wrenches.
Before starting to remove the mechanism, you must secure the bike so that it is stationary. After that, you need to pull off the plugs that are on the connecting rod itself, unscrew the fixing bolt, get the connecting rod and release the axle.
Stealth bike bottom bracket repair is pretty simple. If it is cartridge, then it cannot be repaired, it is best to change it to an integrated one. In this case, the carriage can be serviced for a long time.
We have analyzed some of the features of DIY Stealth bike repair. Now let’s look at a specific bike model, namely Stels Adrenalin.
The bike frame is made of aluminum alloy. This model cannot be called light, because it is more intended for men than women. Depreciation leaves much to be desired, but if you use this bike only for short distances, for example, cycling around the city or to work and back, then it will be quite enough.
Do-it-yourself Stealth bike repair is no different from fixing other models. All the same mechanisms and structures that can be easily removed and replaced if necessary. Almost any oil can be used for lubrication, but it is best to buy special lubricants that will provide more reliable protection against corrosion and other contaminants.
The cassette consists of several pairs of stars that are attached to the hub, namely the drum itself. Often, the cassette contains 7 gears that are installed on the spider. But on some bikes, like hybrids, there can be 8 to 11 stars, which greatly increases the acceleration of the bike.
Repair of a Stealth bike cassette (with your own hands) consists in the timely cleaning of each star from dust and plaque, as well as monthly lubrication of parts. You can clean the sprockets with a toothbrush, as it will help you get to hard-to-reach places. As for the lubricant, do not use grease, petroleum jelly or any other similar product. The most optimal substance for these purposes is ordinary engine oil (transmission or engine oil). If finances permit, you can purchase a special solvent for cleaning stars.
Rear wheel repair
Rear and front wheel. these are important parts of a bicycle. Why? When driving on uneven surfaces (holes, bumps, stones), it is the wheels that take most of the impacts. Therefore, timely maintenance helps to maintain not only comfort while riding, but also speed, which is equally important for every cyclist.
In order to repair the rear wheel of a Stealth bike (do it yourself), you need to stock up on the necessary tools. For this we need:
One of the main problems with the rear wheel. it is an uneven rim (figure eight). Every cyclist faces this challenge. Why can a wheel become a figure eight? As we learned, more than 85% of all shocks are taken by the wheels. Most of the load falls on the rear wheel.
To align it, you need to install (perpendicular to the rim) two cotton matches, and use the pliers to loosen or strengthen the knitting needles. For example, if the rim is bent to the right, then the spokes on the left side must be tightened, and those on the opposite side must be loosened.
Bicycle. it is the most environmentally friendly mode of transport. Many argue that a daily ride on it improves well-being, raises tone and helps to always stay in great physical shape.
Do-it-yourself stealth bike repair is not as difficult as many people think. If you have at hand all the necessary tools, as well as the knowledge of how to maintain it, then this work will not seem burdensome to you. The most important thing. this is timely maintenance of the bike (lubrication of all available parts and mechanisms, setting the brakes and speed switches, aligning the rim, etc.), and then you will not have to repair it soon.
Failure of the brake system
Most often, the brake cable is susceptible to breakage (break or bend). If the bike has been in use for a long time, then it may be worth paying attention to the brake pads (if necessary, tighten them or replace them with new ones). Repair of the brake system takes no more than 20-30 minutes.
If it is necessary to repair the speed of the bike on the bike, then sitting, leaning over it, is not a very comfortable and pleasant position.
For this and not only purpose, it is worth thinking about buying (or making with your own hands) a stand for repairing a two-wheeled bike. In such situations, this stand can save you a lot of time. And it doesn’t take up so much space.
What are the advantages of a bike stand:
- convenience (the workflow is accelerated several times);
- stability of the bike during repair work;
- installation on a stand of a special mount that prevents the equipment from turning from side to side.
DIY bike repair. a detailed description of the main breakdowns and methods for their elimination for mountain and road bikes
One of the main problems on our planet is environmental pollution. Humanity has long realized that the constant emission of greenhouse and other harmful substances leaves a negative mark in the natural environment. This is especially true of industrialized cities where heavy air can stand all year round (for example, Beijing).
One of the goals of the modern world is to reduce the amount of emissions of harmful substances into the atmosphere. Ecological electricity, electric cars, this is our future.
But while all this is in its infancy, everyone can help reduce emissions into the atmosphere on their own. To do this, it is enough for him to give up at least a short time from an ordinary car and switch to a bicycle.
A bicycle is an ecological alternative that perfectly complements a person’s life. But he, like any other technique, should be closely monitored.
Correction of the skew “eights” on the rear rim of the bike
This problem can occur if you bump into something on your bike or carry a heavy load for a long period of time.
To solve the problem, first we determine the side where the “wave”. If this is, for example, the right side, then the knitting needles located on the left must be pulled towards you, loosening the right ones. A similar operation is done using a special tool.
Even if you carefully monitor your bike and carry out preventive maintenance in a timely manner, sooner or later some kind of breakdown will occur. Any accident, any coincidence and write, it’s gone.
But along with unforeseen breakdowns, there are breakdowns that occur from normal wear and tear. In a bicycle, such natural wear and tear are subject to such parts as:
- front and rear wheel;
- bicycle frame;
- fastenings (very often these are bearings);
- brake system;
- transmission system;
If on a bicycle one of the above parts has been used for a long time and for a very long time, then you should take a closer look at it in order to avoid serious troubles.
If you need to repair the rear wheel of a bicycle with your own hands, then it may well happen that the usual equipment may not be enough.
Then the driver will need a set of auxiliary tools. In it you can find:
- a glass (if necessary, pour oil);
- a syringe for a set of liquids;
- squeezing the chain;
- brush (if you need to clean the bike chain from dirt);
- key for removing the bushings;
- carriage puller;
- tool for removing cranks;
- repair kit for punched chambers;
- spoke wrench (helps to correct defects on the wheels).
Unfortunately, the suspension sooner or later becomes unusable, as it constantly experiences tremendous pressure on itself.
To prevent the suspension from breaking before the due date, it must be regularly lubricated and the parts thoroughly cleaned. If this does not help, then replace the worn part.
DIY repair tools
High-quality service of bicycles, especially expensive exclusive models, requires the use of good reliable tools, materials, devices. Below is a basic set recommended by cycling experts. It is desirable for every cyclist. It is simply impossible to replace this list with any analogs.
- Set of wrenches.
- Hex key and socket wrench set.
- A set of pliers. They are required as pullers for removing the circlips. You can use the most common models.
- Screwdriver set. Phillips, flat, slotted.
- Scissors, clamps of various sections. They are necessary for crimping hydraulic hoses, mounting equipment in regular places on the frame, fastening electrical cables, and many important structural components.
- Socket Set with Custom Designed Levers.
Falling wheel stiffness
The wheels are the most loaded part of the bike. The new discs are perfect, without beating, but after several years of operation, the profile of each rim has a lot of deformations. dents, eights, stretched spokes. Some improvement can be achieved by tightening the spokes with a special wrench.
Complete bike bulkhead
This section of our article offers to get acquainted with the basics of cardinal dismantling and mounting of a bicycle. Similar to wear issues, all systems on a road vehicle will be considered.
Before starting dismantling, the frame should be completely cleaned of corrosion, dirt, sand, small stones. If you ignore this, you will not be able to avoid problems in the future. Residual dirt along with the oil will get into the working parts and will threaten the performance of the bike as an abrasive. As long as there is dirt on it, it is difficult to understand the working volume of the entire repair. Washing is best done under light pressure. A good option is a damp cloth and brush.
Having cleaned the frame 100%, you should make a careful inspection of each unit, making sure that there is no damage or wear or damage. The characteristic problem points of each frame are:
- rear suspension hinges;
- the upper feathers of the rear triangle;
- head tube;
- carriage tube.
If even the smallest defects in the weld seams are found, the entire frame will have to be definitely replaced. It is recommended to paint over frayed frames. For white or black, this procedure is not difficult. The rest of the colors are selected by computer specialists. For touch-up, you need a can of paint and masking tape. In order for the dye to perfectly fit on the metal, it is necessary to use an alcohol solution.
Accessories, pullers, tools
The list proposed above is basic, without which it is impossible to do. Further, we recommend acquiring convenient, practical products that are not necessary, but can be very helpful when servicing bicycle equipment or when repairing a bicycle. They will become indispensable helpers on the way and facilitate many assembly operations. With these keys, any bike can be easily disassembled down to the bare frame.
- Chain squeezing.
- Carriage puller.
- Sleeve, ratchet wrenches.
- Cassette remover with Shimano standard brake discs (Center Lock).
- Spoke wrench that removes wheel defects.
- High pressure pump.
- Crank puller.
- Set of transparent pipes for bleeding hydraulic brakes.
- Special brush for cleaning the drive chain.
- Dosing syringe for refilling liquid oil.
- Measuring glass.
- Repair kit for damaged wheel tubes.
DIY bike repair tools
The most intense wear is observed in the nodes: bushings, ratchet, carriage, pedals, rear derailleur rollers. The bearings of the steering column and rear suspension hinges suffer less. All of the above units should be regularly sorted out, the clips and balls should be cleaned of old grease. Apply new grease, this will extend the life of the bearings.
If the bearing assemblies are seized, the bearings must also be replaced with new grease. Then, machine the seat sleeves, bearing shafts, bearing rings.
List of consumables
Consumables are constantly needed in the operation of any vehicle, even a completely new one. a car, motorcycle, scooter, bicycle. These are elements that quickly become clogged or become unusable and must be regularly changed in the process of using the equipment. These are, first of all, greases, synthetic-based liquid oils, solvents, and some other materials.
- Thinner for complex cleaning of drive chain and sprockets.
- Grease for handling fork springs, shifters, suspension O-rings, ratchets, bearings.
- Cleaner of brake elements and transmission parts.
- DOT bicycle brake fluid or hydraulic oil. Fluids are tailored to the specific brakes on your bike.
- Oil for lubrication of springs of gear switches, chains, contact pedals, in dirty operating conditions.
- Oil for lubricating fork pants, impregnating oil seals, lubricating air suspension chambers.
- Fork oil. Attention: surely fork! It is necessary for damping.
Bicycle repair and maintenance consumables
A cassette is a set of sprockets. Each of them is pressed onto the bushing drum, which is made with splined grooves. Usually there are 7 gears in a set. Their fasteners are made on a spider. Sometimes an additional 1-4 stars are included as an add-on. The cassette is capable of functioning as part of a bicycle for a longer period than a chain, but less than a system.
The cassette is serviced by cleaning with a solvent and a soft flannel cloth. This removes dirt accumulated on the surfaces of metal parts, in cavities and joints. Dismantling and installation of the cassette is carried out using a special puller. With this device, DIY repair does not look like a complicated process.