So, what needs to be done to remove the tires from the bike?
- We start to remove the wheel with Blurring the brakes (in the case of V-Brake) or removing the caliper (disc), they can greatly interfere with the next steps.
- Loosen the bolt or cam holding the wheel to the frame.
- We take out the wheel.
- Excess air is released from the chamber through the nipple, it is important that there is as little air as possible, otherwise the chamber is easily touched and damaged.
- Prying the edge with a flap or replacing it at one point.
- Measuring 10-15 cm and repeat the operation, bending back the segment between the two beading, and taking it outside the rim outward.
- Carefully continue removing the tires until one side is completely behind the rim.
- We repeat the action in the same direction with the second side of the tire. Usually this stage is already easier.
Repair of the camera only is limited to items 1-7.
The reverse process is similar:
- It is necessary to put on the tires, starting to lay it inside the rim with one side.
- On the last 15-30 cm Fastening one side of the tire with a bead and carefully transfer the entire edge inside the rim.
- By placing the edge of the tire inside the rim and installing the camera.
- We repeat the process of bending through the rim with the second edge of the tire to finally put it on.
- Mount the wheel, closing the brakes.
Do not forget that all actions should be carried out correctly. Rubber does not like heavy loads, especially the thin and soft rubber used in chambers. All operations with the camera inside the tire should be carried out delicately.
Different tools will be needed depending on the bike design.
The minimum set is hands (preferably with gloves), nothing else is needed. What is used to facilitate the process?
- Dismantling a bicycle wheel. small oblong plastic plates with a “hook” at the end. Very helpful to hold the edge when starting to dismantle without effort, and then remove it.
- Any replacement of the bead. often used keys (from locks or wrenches), coins, sticks (which is quite traumatic, by the way).
- Keys for dismantling the wheel. there are also models where it is bolted, and not an eccentric.
- Pump. needed when installing the wheel back.
How to change tires on a bike?
But not everyone punches their own wheels, and not everyone repairs a bicycle on their own. Nevertheless, understanding how you can remove tires from a bike and put what is needed for this and how to do it easily and without unnecessary problems is useful for most riders.
When we take off our bicycle tires?
- The camera is broken. you need to remove the tires, then change the camera, and then assemble the wheel;
- When replacing, in fact, bicycle tires. they tend to wear out, especially with aggressive or prolonged driving;
- When servicing the wheel. when other elements, for example, and the camera, can interfere.
Do-it-yourself tire removal is easy, and most riders do this repair exercise the first time around. Accuracy of execution, the availability of convenient tools. and changing the camera will be no problem.
How to find a puncture
- If the puncture is large, the air released from it will be very audible. There may be other minor damage, so be sure to apply the following methods.
- Pump up the chamber, lower it into the water, either completely submerging, or gradually scrolling. Where the puncture is, air bubbles will be released. Remove the camera from the water, wipe it down with a rag, Mark the damaged area with chalk or a marker.
- Make a soapy solution. Bubbles will inflate at the puncture site.
On a walk, where there is no water, you can strongly inflate the camera and try to find a hole using fine dust. For example, fine dust or sand on the road under a strong jet will swell to the sides.
What glue to use
The glue must meet a number of requirements:
- After drying, the seam should not change its properties during the inflation / deflation of the wheel;
- Dries as quickly as possible (especially important when the hole happened during a bike ride).
With regard to elasticity, any glue for bonding rubber is suitable, but not based on cyanoacrylate. everything that contains the words “superglue, cyanoacrylate, Cosmofen”.
- Good glue Moment for rubber. It is inexpensive, easy to apply and easy to clean. Disadvantage. not suitable for quick repairs, since the sonnet is from 30 minutes to two hours.
- Adhesive for Tip-Top patches, however, dries for a very long time (2-4 hours).
- Quick-drying glue Red Sun, which is mentioned above (from the eponymous repair kit). It takes 5-15 minutes for the glue to dry completely. Not for sale separately, can only be obtained with a set.
A few more representatives are written in the table.
|Octopus or 88-NT from Novbytkhim||24|
|88-CA from Anles||24|
How to remove tires and take out the camera
- Completely the dish is air from the chamber. Press down on the spool inside the nipple and push down on the chamber until air is released. Or completely Unscrew the spool.
- Using the mounting tool, carefully pry the tires and move the lever to pull the tire out so that it looks out of the rim. With the second assembly at a distance of 10-15 cm, protrude the tires in the same way. When a part of the tire already protrudes beyond the rim, you can pry a little with your fingers and move along the rim until the entire country of the tire comes out. It is not necessary to remove the other side of the tire.
- Pull out the nipple from the hole in the rim, then completely remove the rubber tube.
Required materials and tools
- Wrenches of different sizes for wheel removal.
- Repair kit or patches made.
- Glue for rubber.
- Disassembly tool to remove the tube from under the tire. Two plastic paddles / hooks are used. In extreme cases, you can use screwdrivers or wrenches, but you will have to be very careful, because there is a possibility that they will damage the camera. And the risk of ruining the rim of a scratch is also possible.
- A piece of chalk to mark the puncture site.
- Medium-grit grout and preferably degreaser.
- At home. bath or basin of water for puncture detection.
- Weight to press the patch, roller for rolling (this way an even better connection is achieved).
How to properly glue the camera
- Make sure the camera is fully deflated and dry.
- Sand the puncture area so that the surface is not smooth and matte. The stripping area should be about 5-10 mm larger than the patch size.
- Remove the protective film from the patch and apply adhesive to it. The method of applying the glue depends on the mixture itself and the repair kits. It is necessary to clarify on a tube of glue or instructions on the packaging of the kit. Sometimes it is necessary to apply glue to the whole of both surfaces (cameras and board), and sometimes it is enough to lubricate only the patch.
- Wait for the required time after lubrication, if so indicated in the instructions.
- Stick the patch with the lubricated side, blow air out from under it (movements with your finger from the center to the edges). Additionally, it can be rolled with a plastic roller. Then for the required time (depending on the glue) Press the entire area with a heavy weight. For example, put a book on top of the patch, press down with a coffee table.
- Wait for the gluing time, inflate the camera and check the gluing strength. For the result to be surely wait longer than written in the instructions.
Repair kits or spare wheel?
The choice is made towards what is more convenient to apply in case of damage. A spare camera is more expensive and weighs more. To apply a repair kit, certain conditions are required.
It is always advisable to have repair kits. You don’t need to buy a spare tire if you have to drive close to home. But for long trips, a spare tire is required.
How to properly glue the bike camera
A bicycle tube is very vulnerable to punctures. Having run into even a small thorn, you can punch a hole. When hiking, far from home, you must have a patching repair kit with you, otherwise cycling may end very quickly. At home, it is much easier to glue the bicycle camera, since everything you need is at hand.
How to avoid punctures
Basic rules for driving:
- DO NOT run over curbs, especially at speed;
- DO NOT ride on glass, beaches and other areas where there are a lot of thorns;
- If the wheel in front of him ran into a “dangerous” object (glass, spokes, needles), then try to sharply turn the steering wheel, maneuver so that the rear wheel passes by.
Requirements also apply to the operation of wheels.
- Observe the correct tire pressure. Wheels that are too flat are more prone to punctures. Tires must be marked with the permitted pressure range. For example, in the image below, the minimum pressure is 2.8 bar, the maximum is 4.5 bar. There is also a rule. to pump up in winter and during the cold season of spring-autumn more than in summer. Under the influence of cold in an enclosed space, the air decreases its pressure. If in summer you swing the wheels up to 2.8 bar, then in winter you can increase the pressure up to 3.8 bar. It is important that the upper limit does NOT exceed the permissible limit written on the tires.
The modern market offers three tools in case of a puncture.
- Anti-puncture tape is a rubberized plastic or kevlar tape (strip) that is laid inside the wheel between the tire and the tube. Creates an additional protective layer.
- Sealant. It is poured into the chamber and, in the event of a puncture, tightens the hole, helping to reach the destination.
- Self-adhesive cameras. A special resin is pumped inside the cavity. During the puncture, it completely seals the hole.
How to put the wheel back together
- We place the deflated camera inside the wheel with our hands. First we insert the nipple into the rim, and then we fill the camera with our hands.
- For convenience, slightly inflate the wheel.
- Using the mounting hooks back Install the tires.
- Fully swing the wheel, Put it back on the bike. We tighten the nuts well, check the evenness of the installation so that the brakes do not overwrite, and there are no very different gaps between the fork / feathers and the wheel. If necessary, do alignment.
Those who changed the camera with their own hands know, perhaps, the main problem. this is the bending of the tire bead. Modern tires fit so well to the rim and are so rigid that it is not always possible to do it with your hands.
Therefore, in the composition of many multitools or kits, de-beading is added. These are small plastic or metal “spoons” that are inserted between the tire and the rim, allowing you to pry and bend the tire, and then put it back on.
If we change the camera in “ideal” conditions, we already have a garage ready, a toolbox, a repair kit, and a new camera. Unfortunately, things are not always so “successful”. It may turn out that the camera burst on the street during a long drive or even at a competition.
How to properly change the camera on a bike?
The reasons for replacing a wheel can be very different. from frequent nail breakdown or “snake bite” by the edge of the rim to updating the wheel and transferring an old proven camera to it. How to change the camera on a bike is no problem. Let’s consider how to do this and what you may need in the process.
So, what actions need to be performed to change the camera. Everything is simple, the main thing is accuracy and a small amount of physical strength.
- Upside down bike.
- If V-Brake brakes. remove (open) x.
- Loosen the screw or release the wheel with an eccentric.
- Raise the chain, remove the wheel.
- Release air from the chamber (if any).
- Pry the camera with a bead or any other oblong object (keys, screwdriver, multitool) at two points, at a distance of 10-20 cm from each other.
- Spread the dots little by little, freeing one side of the camera.
- Pull the nipple out of the rim.
- Get the camera.
So, the camera is removed, you can repair it or print a new one. Installing everything back:
- Route the tube inside the rim.
- Check the nipple and space under the tire for nibbling and wrinkling.
- Pump up the camera a little so that it takes shape.
- Insert tires back into the rim.
- Put the wheel in place (be careful with the chain, it is easy to confuse its position).
- Fix the wheel with a screw or eccentric.
- Reinstall the brakes.
- Pump up the camera.
- Upside down bike.
That’s it, the replacement is complete! As you can see, there is nothing complicated in this process.
Always have with you
The easiest option is to carry a camera and a pump. Not every damage can be sealed, and the easiest way is to change the entire camera. The only drawback of this kit is weight and volume. A set for gluing is a small box, but a spare tire is already a serious piece of rubber, which can interfere in a small bag, if you have one with you at all.
Unfortunately, the condition of the roads and the general sensitivity of modern bikes to damage means that it is impossible to travel beyond the city center without a spare bicycle camera or a repair kit. What is needed for replacement in the minimum version?
- “Spare wheel” or repair kit.
- Key or multitool if the rear wheel is not mounted in eccentrics.
- Pump to pump a supplied or repaired chamber.
Using THESE tools, you can easily dismount the rear wheel, remove the camera and install a new one in its place.
The repair kit should be considered separately. Many do not open it from the moment of purchase, but in fact, you can assemble it yourself. Homemade repair kit comes out several times cheaper.
What’s in the repair kit?
- Patches. usually several pieces of 2-3 different types. In modern industrial kits, patches are made of synthetic rubber, smooth on one side and rough on the other. On the smooth side, they are sealed with foil or plastic foil to stay clean.
- Camera cleaning tool. for better adhesion, the surface should be clean and slightly rough, for this use a small metal “grater”.
- Glue. glue for rubber, “melting” it and forcing the image board with the camera into a single whole.
- Degreaser. rare, but appears in kits. One of the main problems during gluing is residual grease or grease on the surface, which prevent the patch from sticking, the camera can be treated with a degreaser to the gluing.
Recently, some have been using anti-puncture gels, and it is enough to pour sealant into the new chamber before pumping and carefully “disperse” it along the inner cavity of the chamber.
Changing your camera is a simple process that every cyclist should be prepared for. A puncture on the road, damage to a camera in the forest, or just updating a bicycle wheel. it’s always nice to deal with the problem yourself and quickly deal with the problem, and not carry the bike to the workshop.
Every serious cyclist already carries a repair kit and a pump with him, being ready for any surprises.
How to remove the camera from the wheel
If a puncture still occurs, then to replace the camera, you must first remove the wheel from the bike, and then disassemble the tires in order to pull out the cameras. This process is quite simple if you have bicycle rigs with you.
First you need to deflate the chamber to the end, if this did not happen during the puncture. Then we insert one of the assemblies between the tire and the rim, then prying the edge of the tire with it so that it crawls out of the rim.
Insert a fitting (smooth end of the key) between the tire and the rim
Prying the edge of the tire so that the edge crawls out onto the road
Then, next to the first assembly, we perform the same operation with the second assembly. Next, we carry out the second assembly along the rim, pulling the edge of the tire outward. If necessary, you can use the third installation.
Then, in the same way, insert the second editing
After one edge of the tire has been disassembled, you can pull out the tube. First you need to pull out the air valve (nipple), and then the entire chamber.
Removing the camera from under the bike tire
How to change the camera on a bike
For most beginners, the question of how to change the camera in a bicycle wheel arises only after the first puncture and causes concern. In fact, this is one of the easiest processes to maintain a bicycle if you have the right tools and a little experience.
For an active cyclist, a puncture is a common thing, because you can constantly find broken glass, pieces of wire and other pieces of iron on the roads. Punctures often occur on rough terrain, especially if the bike is equipped with low-quality rubber.
If during walks you often travel far from home, then you should have a minimum set of tools with you, which you will need to replace the camera in the field.
Bicycle Camera Replacement Tools
- Bicycle assemblies. plastic or metal assemblies greatly simplify wheel tire beads. Of course, you can use tools at hand, but this is not very convenient and increases the risk of damage to the camera and even the rim.
- Pump. without it, of course, you can change the chamber, but you will NOT be able to leave on a flat tire. ))
- Spare camera.
- Bicycle first aid kit. a set of patches and glue for repairing a punctured camera.
Repair kit. Bicycle first aid kit
It is important to keep in mind that more than one puncture may occur during the hike, but you will NOT have enough cameras for all cases, so it is better to have a Velo first aid kit with you. The repair kit includes glue, patches and detailed instructions.
How to put a camera on a wheel
Before installing a new (or sealed) tube on the wheel rim, you need to carefully check the inside of the tire. After the puncture, pieces of what led to the puncture could remain, and subsequently, it can lead to a repeated puncture. This should be done carefully as you can get hurt. Then it is necessary to check the integrity of the protective gasket, which protects the chamber from the spokes protruding from the nipple and the valve hole.
We insert first the nipple, and then the whole chamber
The worn tube should be slightly inflated, so it will be more convenient to insert it into the tires. The procedure for installing the camera in place is the reverse of removing it. However, it is much easier to side the tires on the rim and you can often do without the fitters and do it with your bare hands.
If necessary, use the Installation
When the tube is on and the tire is in place, you can inflate the wheel, in the process, straightens the tires so that its edges are evenly located on the rim. We put the wheel in place and you can hit the road!)
That, in general, is all there is to say about how to replace a camera on a bicycle wheel. If you have something to add, you can do it in the comments block below!
Required materials and tools
To make a tricycle trike from a bicycle, you should stock up on the following devices:
- A pair of chains;
- Braking and switching speed cables;
- Standard bike;
- Stainless steel clamps;
- Brake unit;
- A basket for transporting cargo;
- Frame made of steel;
- Paintwork composition.
To create a tricycle with your own hands, you will need a hammer, a grinder, a welding inverter, a drill, and a set of keys. After sketching all the drawings and diagrams, the indicated materials and tools should be prepared in advance. If the plans include the construction of a spacious luggage compartment, additional sheets of plywood and a hacksaw are prepared. If desired, the unit is equipped with a signal bell or horn. Fitting comfort is ensured by installing a new seat or installing a special cover.
Some craftsmen place a compact basket in front of the structure for transporting bags, packages. In this case, the hands are completely free while riding.
Bulkhead bushing, rim alignment, tube and tire replacement
The technical condition of the bike directly depends on the serviceability of all its components, including the front wheel. There are not so many problems with him, but they visit regularly:
- Wear of bushing components, grease production;
- Curvature of the rim. “eight”;
- Chamber breakdown, tire cracking.
The hub provides a stationary axle attachment to the dropouts and uniform unhindered wheel rotation. Insufficient lubrication causes increased bearing friction and, as a result, rapid wear. Symptoms. the wheel is loose, pronounced backlash, difficult rotation, crunching.
So how to disassemble the bushing:
1. Remove from dropouts (see above).
2. Loosen the retaining sleeve nut. To do this, you need two 17 mm wrenches. with one firmly fix the nut, the second will twist it counterclockwise to the left.
3. Screw on the cone. For the hookup, you will need a key for 14, then it can be easily twisted by hand.
4. Pull out from the opposite side. Carefully remove the left bearing from the housing cavity and pull the right one off the cone.
Inspect everything carefully, especially the bearings. Damaged parts must be replaced with new ones.
Bushing Cleaning, Lubrication and Assembly:
- Blow dirt out of an empty case.
- Using a narrow brush or cotton swab, apply a thin layer of lubricant to the inner walls of the sleeve.
- Wipe the cones and bearings with kerosene and let dry (if Installing the same components).
- Lubricate here, bearings and cones from the inner sides, which adjoin the bearings. I do not regret lubrication for bearings: the more, the better. Gently wipe off excess with a clean cloth.
- Put the right bearing on the Corresponding cone with the side as it was before.
- Move it into the bushing and install the left bearing on it.
- Gently screw in the cone. Its surface should touch, but not the bearing clamps.
- Tighten bushing with nut.
- Place the wheel on the dropouts and fix.
We check the work of the bushing. we spin the wheel with force. If everything was done correctly on the bulkhead of the hub, the wheel will spin easily and silently. If the rotation is difficult or the bushing is “moving” in the axis, it is necessary to loosen or tighten the left cone. Perhaps, for an accurate result, adjustment will be required several times, the main thing here is not to rush.
Eights are the most annoying problem with wheels. It arises equally from the front and from the back. The front eight delivers less discomfort than the rear, but still, driving on a crooked wheel is not high. Consider how to quickly fix defects in a bicycle rim. To work you need a universal spoke wrench, it looks like this:
Repair of the figure eight is done as follows:
- Determine the maximum wheel bulge. In this area, pull the knitting needles at an angle that is a multiple of 1 turn.
- Loosen two knitting needles at the edges by an angle, half the amount at which you pulled up the central knitting needles.
- Pull the next outer needles to an angle half the size, by which the two needles were weakened.
And so on, it all depends on the amount of curvature. The picture shows a diagram of the elimination of a 7-spoke eight.
If the curvature is between the needles, do this:
Replacing the chambers is easier than repairing rim defects, but also more often required. In order to correctly and easily remove and install tires, it is advisable to use special plastic mounting.
How to disassemble a tire:
- Remove the wheel from the fork mountings.
- Bleeds air from the chamber (if we only change tires).
- Unscrew the protective cap from the nipple and push it down slightly.
- On the opposite side of the hook two.
- With the third assembly, hook the bead on the sides, until the tire comes off the rim. Now you can get the camera.
Assemble the tire as follows:
- Pump up the camera a little so that it straightens.
- Put the camera in the tires.
- Use the arrows to select the correct direction of the tire.
- Insert the nipple into the rim hole.
- Push the tire beads into the rim from the nipple side to the opposite end. When pushing becomes difficult, use the Edger.
- Pull the nipple tube upward (for Schrader).
- Check that the beads are completely in the rim and put the wheel on the bike.
The front wheel on a bicycle is a simple unit, which you can independently service at home with your own hands: disassemble and assemble the hub, change the tire and eliminate distortions on the rim. Serious problems. broken spokes, cracking of the hub body. will require the help of a specialist.
When do you need to remove a bicycle wheel
Removing wheels may be required if you have such problems.
- Significant damage to the rim;
- Tube damage, tire rupture;
- Knitting and balancing;
- Bulkhead bushing;
- Replacing the bike chain, rear sprockets.
As for the tools, a spanner of a suitable size is sufficient: open-end or ring-shaped. It is undesirable to use an adjustable wrench, because it “licks” the corners of the nuts, due to insufficient snug fit.
In order to cope with eccentric fastening, no additional tools are needed.
Take the survey
If a tricycle will be operated by one person, the structure is adjusted according to anthropometric parameters. For mass use, choose the most versatile modification.
Advantages of DIY Tricycles:
- Suitable for exploitation by people of different age groups;
- They are distinguished by increased stability and carrying capacity;
- Making homemade options does not require significant costs, special skills;
- Facilitated fit of the wearer due to stable balance;
- Commercial use.
The disadvantages include the increased weight of the unit, bulkiness, inconvenience of turning at high speed. Consumers indicate that cargo models are only suitable for private houses, since it is problematic to place them in an apartment. A homemade version with three wheels must be assembled, carefully following the instructions.
Increased stability and carrying capacity For people of different ages Does not require costs, special skills for manufacturing Easy fit for the owner
How to remove the front wheel of a bicycle
The procedure here depends on what type of brakes are used on your BIKE. If the brakes are disc type, then removing does NOT place anything. Rim-type brakes must first be released in order to be able to continue dismantling without hindrance. To make it easier to release the brake, pull out the arch connecting the pads. Further, to remove the front wheel, follow this algorithm:
- Turn the bike upside down. Do it carefully, so that he stands on the seat and steering wheel. There are many fragile devices on the steering wheel that can be easily damaged. This is a bell, headlights, accelerometers. Place a soft cloth under the derailleur of your bike to avoid scratching the part. If you are using a hydraulic system with brake fluid, do not keep the bike upside-down for a long time. This is fraught with air getting into the tubes and subsequent bleeding of the brakes. This work cannot be called too laborious, but it will require additional time expenditures;
- Remove the wheel. If it is secured with a nut, then unscrew it until the sleeve comes out of the mount freely. The eccentric fastening does not require any additional tools and devices for dismantling. Eccentric mounts are often found on sport and mountain bikes;
- Finish dismantling.
Important! Do not apply hydraulic disc brakes between the pads without a rotor as they can compress and jam. That will complicate the process of re-assembly, up to the possible need to bleed the brakes. Therefore, in advance take care of any temporary spacer between the pads.
How to remove a wheel from a tricycle. Outcome
Any cyclist has to deal with a theme or other problems of VELOBIKE one way or another. Despite the simplicity of the manipulations, the first removal and replacement of a wheel, as a rule, takes a lot of time. In the future, with practice, the bulkhead, dismantling and installation will take literally minutes.
The nuances of installing the brake system
After carrying out the above manipulations, the assembly of equipment can be considered complete. Special attention should be paid to the brake assembly and axle. For an adult tricycle, only a disc system is suitable, a rim analog cannot be installed correctly. The unit will require additional financial investments so that the further operation of the product is safe for the cyclist and others. The set includes discs, hubs, calipers, manual control lever.
When installing the bridge, no special difficulties are foreseen. The node aggregates with most classic frames. First, dismantle all the standard rear parts (chain, wheel with fender, trunk, handbrake). A variant of the UK category bridge is mounted on the rim landing compartment. The stops are put behind the lower tube of the rear frame part, and they are threaded into special lugs. The elements are tightened securely, the mating parts are fixed by means of clamps. At the next stage, an extended chain is installed, made from two standard analogs by removing excess links. For this purpose, use the method of Stitching a rivet or installing a new lock. Then adjust the speed switch.
The future owner of a tricycle, assembled on his own, can build a device without significant financial costs, he designed the equipment according to his preference with an original design. In total, users will receive Not only a personal exclusive bike, but also an assistant for transporting food and other items. Experts recommend regularly lubricating rubbing parts, and also watch out for other structural elements.
The device and installation of the front wheel on a bicycle
Bicycle front wheel. The driving unit, without which it is impossible to imagine a bike, except perhaps a unicycle. The driven wheel, synchronized with the fork, is responsible for the trajectory of the bike and, to a greater extent, the rolling speed. Unlike the rear wheel, the front wheel is simpler in design, but also requires timely maintenance.
A bicycle, like a car, needs regular maintenance, and the front wheel is one such fundamental component that cannot be neglected. Give him a little attention!