how to install Reverse view camera in bike
One of the best ways to avoid puncturing your wheels is to purchase self-adhesive tubes. Inside such a structure there is a special resin, which, in the event of breakdowns, flows into the puncture point and completely seals it.
Self-adhesive cameras allow you to forget about repairs, but they are expensive and exceed the weight standard of conventional cameras by two, two and a half times.
The second way to prolong the life of the camera is anti-puncture tape. This device is inserted between the tire and the tube, thereby reducing the risk of possible puncture. The tape is made of dense rubber and is just an additional layer of protection.
General tips to prevent puncture:
- Inflate the wheel correctly: it should not be inflated or poorly inflated, the optimally inflated chamber is elastic to the touch, but pliable when pressed.
- It is not recommended to ride on littered roads: sharp stones, screws, glass, can pose a serious threat to tires.
- Do not bump into obstacles on purpose, every assault on the sides and sharp elevations will shorten the life of the camera, and will soon damage the bicycle wheel.
How to glue a car camera
The easiest option is to put on a spare wheel, and take the damaged wheel to a car repair shop, where the craftsmen will find and seal the damage. But this is not always possible. The reasons can be different: two tires are punctured or there is no spare wheel.
Cameras on cars are now rare, more often the tubeless version is used. But if you are “lucky” and not only the tire, but also the camera is damaged, then you will have to spend a little time to glue it:
- The wheel is removed.
- Air is released,
- Using the mounting tool, one edge of the tire is squeezed out of the disc.
- After pulling out the nipple from the rim, the chamber is removed.
How to glue the camera is described using a bicycle as an example. But the car is much heavier, and attention should be paid to damage to the tire.
Small punctures and cuts can be sealed with a tourniquet. For this you need:
- Clean contaminated area, remove foreign objects.
- Use a special awl to clear the puncture site.
- Remove the harness from the repair kit, coat with glue.
- Using an awl, insert a flagellum into the resulting hole.
- After the glue mass hardens, cut off the excess pieces of the bundle.
Next, the sealed chamber is put in place, the wheel is assembled, inflated and installed on the car.
But only minor damages on the tire can be glued in this way. A large lateral incision with a tourniquet cannot be eliminated.
To repair major damage, the tire must be completely removed from the rim and do the following:
- From the inside, clean the damaged area from dirt.
- Slightly clean with a ribbed metal plate or sandpaper.
- Choose a suitable fungus patch from the repair kit.
- Lubricate the patch with glue, and then press firmly to the place of the cut or puncture.
- Wait for the hardening time specified in the instructions.
After the tire is glued, you can assemble the wheel and install it on the car.
Another nuisance is a tire hernia. A bulge on the tire disturbs the balance of the wheels, making it difficult to drive at high speeds. There is no universal way how to eliminate a hernia on a wheel. Small protrusions to extend the life of the tires should be sealed, as described in the repair of cuts and large punctures, with a fungal patch, and large ones cannot be removed. to ensure the safety of the tires, the tires will have to be changed.
- For overhaul, it is necessary to remove the damaged wheel;
- Disconnect the brake system and fenders;
- Place the bike upside down;
- Unscrew the screws on the bushing and eccentric;
- Remove the wheel from the hub;
- Take out the camera;
- Unscrew the cap from the nipple and lower the camera;
Remove the tube from the rim using two mounting blades.
Repair kits from China for gluing bicycle cameras
Despite the bias against Chinese products, these bike kits have performed quite well. And, in comparison with famous brands, the cost of Chinese bike kits is much lower. But there is also a minus. The set for gluing includes only patches and glue, and the latter is clearly not enough.
To glue a wheel on a bicycle, you must first remove it. Consider the main stages of repair.
How to fix a scooter wheel
It is impossible to drive with a damaged camera, so you will need to glue the wheel. But for women who ride a scooter on a par with men, such an operation is not always possible. Later, we will consider repairing a tubeless, and now. quick repair methods that will allow you to get to the service station or at home.
Repair with a self-tapping screw. This will require:
- adhesive sealant for rubber;
- self-tapping screw.
It is not necessary to remove the wheel, it is enough to turn the scooter over, placing it on the steering wheel and seat. After a hole is found, the damaged area is cleaned, and a self-tapping screw lubricated with sealant is carefully screwed into the puncture site. After the glue, you need to pump up the wheel. This measure will allow you to get to the auto repair shop or return home.
If the damaged area has a large incision, then another way to quickly repair is universal plasters. It will take a few minutes to clean and seal the tire. But it is not recommended to ride such a wheel for a long time.
Ways to find punctures
Before checking for punctures, the camera must be inflated, then use a basin of water or determine the damage by ear and touch. following the direction of the air flow.
The detected defect is marked with a contrast marker or chalk.
Search for damage
At this stage, the damage itself must be found. There are several ways. The most popular ones are:
- Place the camera in a bowl of water. Air will escape at the puncture site, forming bubbles. The easiest way, after which the tire must be thoroughly dried.
- Inflate the tire and listen to where the air comes out.
- In some cases, it is enough to examine the camera well. This method is the least accurate, as you may not notice the rest of the punctures.
- Apply soap solution to suspicious areas. Where there is damage, bubbles will appear.
The detected puncture site must be marked with chalk. It is definitely worth inspecting the tire from all sides, whether there are any foreign objects left there. If any, they must be removed before gluing.
Not every case can be repaired, especially on its own. If multiple or large punctures are found on the camera, and air continues to escape after gluing, it should be completely replaced with a new one.
- We clean the surface from grease with acetone or gasoline, in the field. with a clean cloth.
- We go around the surface with sandpaper (not necessary, but a useful step for gluing quality).
- Remove the protective film from the patch.
- Apply glue, according to the instructions on the tube, on one or two surfaces at the same time.
- Press the patch firmly against the camera and hold it, trying not to move the parts relative to each other.
Then it remains to wait for the “setting”, which occurs, depending on the description, either immediately or within 5-15 minutes. In modern repair kits, the glue is usually quite fast, but at home you can also use the classic “Moment”, which will take several hours to harden. How to glue correctly is described in detail on the packaging of the tubes inside the repair kits.
In addition to using non-specialized adhesives, the patch itself can be made from an old camera. The main thing is that the rubber is intact and well cleaned.
Standard repair process
As with any accident, there is a “routine procedure” for repairing a camera at home. It assumes that you have all the necessary tools, and behind your shoulders. at least a couple of cases when you had to remove and disassemble the wheels.
It will be difficult for beginners the first time, but no fundamental problems should arise during the repair process.
Putting it all together again
After checking the tube (it should be fully inflated outside the wheel to make sure that any damage has been repaired), the wheel can be reassembled and reinstalled.
- We check the insulating tape inside the rim (usually it is not fixed or it is easy to move it during manipulation).
- Carefully place the bicycle tube inside the rim, starting at the valve and making sure that no kinks appear.
- With the help of assemblies, similar to removal, we “fill” the tire in place. Before that, it is recommended to pump up the camera a little so that it does not press against the rim.
The wheel is assembled, we pump it completely for testing and proceed with the installation. For the front wheel, you should pay attention to the marking on the tire in the form of an arrow, which is sometimes supplemented by the inscription Drive. This is the direction in which the wheel should turn. Install with the appropriate side so that the protector works correctly.
How and how to glue the bicycle camera on your own, preventive measures
Cycling is sometimes overshadowed by tire damage. It is not always possible to replace a wheel with a new one. Therefore, it will be useful to know how to glue the bicycle camera with your own hands. There are several solutions to the problem. Of all the methods, you can choose the most suitable for the level of professionalism of the user.
Looking for damage
Damage search is a creative thing, albeit rather primitive. Almost everyone recommends using a basin or other container of water to determine the point of damage by the bubbles, but this is not the easiest way, because you have to dry the camera and risk water getting inside through the nipple in order to save a few seconds.
The definition is much simpler and more accessible by ear:
- Pump up the bike camera.
- We bring it to our ear and look for a point where air etching is heard.
- We localize the puncture site of the chamber by air flow or visually.
Everything is very simple. It is only necessary to check for damage around the valve. With such damage, it will no longer be possible to seal the breakdown without special tools.
How to patch a bike camera
In principle, working with repair patches for a bicycle camera is fully described in the instructions that come with a special set. There is nothing complicated in this, you just need to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- we clean the puncture site of the bicycle wheel chamber from fat, dirt and dust. acetone will be optimal for this;
- apply glue to the patch;
- we apply a bookmark to the place where the camera breaks and hold it with our fingers for a few seconds;
- let the glue dry completely (it will take only a few minutes).
Now you need to check the quality of the work done. To do this, you need to pump up the camera and lower it into a vessel with water. the absence of bubbles will indicate that the repair of the bicycle camera was carried out absolutely correctly.
Only after this check can the wheel be assembled and installed on the bike. But keep in mind a few important points:
- before filling the camera into the tire, carefully inspect the inner surface of the latter. it is quite possible that the reason for the puncture of the camera will also be found (for example, a nail or a glass fragment stuck in the tire);
- it is necessary to fill the tube under the tire on the rim very carefully. many people use plastic assemblies or ordinary spoons for this, but care must be taken not to damage the camera;
- when installing a wheel on a bicycle, you must strictly observe the direction of travel;
- after finally installing the wheel in place, you need to pump it up a little with a hand pump to the desired hardness.
The glueless method that comes from the automotive world is vulcanization, which is also used on a bicycle. Requires special equipment, but reliably repairs punctures. The essence of the vulcanization process is that the peeled patch and the chamber are pressed against each other with great force and heating, in fact, they are fused, forming a single structure.
Vulcanization is much more reliable than any adhesive patches, but requires skill and additional equipment. By the way, there are “household” or home-made vulcanizers, consisting of a vice with a cylinder and a chamber for burning, for example, gasoline or other fuel. The only advice that can be given is to be careful with fire.
Alternative repair versions
There are situations when there is no repair kit with you. It is impossible to predict everything, but we will give a couple of recommendations:
- The patch can be made from any rubber, including an old camera, automotive or technical rubber.
- What kind of glue to use is not very important, as long as it is intended for rubber. It is better not to use hardening industrial and household compounds.
What glue to use
What is the best camera glue? Let’s analyze all the pros and cons.
First of all, you need glue, which, after drying, retains its elasticity, that is, does not harden. This is understandable. It is difficult to create a completely fixed connection on a flexible surface, therefore, the parts fastened together with a hardening compound will disperse over time and require repeated repair.
Top 5 ways to mount your action camera on your mtb
Therefore, all kinds of superglues such as “Secunda” and “Cosmofen” based on cyanoacrylate are not the best choice. As a temporary measure. quite yourself, in other cases it is better to take a specialized glue for rubber.
Let’s take a quick look at what the market offers us.
A line of all kinds of adhesives for rubber, the most famous of which is “Moment”.
Affordable, inexpensive, if you’re not in a rush. a good choice.
Red Sun, which is included in the bicycle tube repair kit. If you believe the instructions, then this is not really glue, but a cold vulcanization agent, which is much more effective.
Tip Top SC 2000. Quite a rare two-component adhesive, but one of the most tenacious.
- Used for gluing industrial rubber conveyor belts.
- The action is similar to cold vulcanization.
- Drying time: 2 to 4 hours.
- Price: about 150 r.
Removing the camera
Dismantling the camera is the most difficult stage. You can do this using a beveler or a regular screwdriver. First you need to deflate the wheel by unscrewing the nipple valve. Sometimes this process is performed before removing the wheel.
The wheel should be gripped so that the nipple is at the back. One end of the bead is inserted between the tire and the rim. The second is at a distance of 10 cm or more from the first in the same way. Then, pulling the bead up like a lever, you need to raise the tire. The rim should slide over the edge of the wheel, you just need to free it with your hands.
Removing a wheel from a bike
- First, we disconnect the brakes (if they are rim) and remove the fenders if they interfere with dismantling.
- We turn the bike upside down, lean on the handlebar and seat. Some people call it “mounting position”.
- We unscrew the retaining bolts or eccentrics and remove the wheel.