Child bike seat: how to choose a comfortable accessory
Home »Accessories» Child bike seat: how to choose a comfortable accessory
Active mothers and fathers strive to introduce children from the first year of life to a healthy lifestyle. In cycling, toddlers need adult attention and responsive guidance. A modern parent can install a comfortable child seat on a bicycle and enjoy cycling with a child.
Fitting the correct child safety seat guarantees safety for the little rider: the baby’s feet will not reach the spokes of the wheels, and the elastic straps will prevent the young rider from falling off the fast iron horse. You can choose a child seat for a bicycle both by manufacturer and price. and by design.
A child seat on a bicycle should have a high back so that the child does not throw his head back when riding, and it is better for the armrests to be ergonomic and soft: this will reduce the load on the shoulder girdle and arms of the baby and help avoid injury. In the manufacture of the body of a child seat for an adult bicycle, manufacturers can use plastic of different qualities. The best option is a body made of impact-resistant plastic like ABS, which is used by leading European manufacturers of high-quality helmets for bikes and children’s bicycle seats.
Front view: front-type child bike seat
Many mums and dads prefer bike-mounted child seats because they want to keep an eye on their little ones, and the front mount allows constant eye contact with the child. In a child bicycle seat on the frame, you can ride a baby up to 3 years old, including off-road. However, experienced parent cyclists say the frontal design has a number of disadvantages:
- firstly, an adult driver is distracted by a small passenger, and this increases the risk of an accident;
- secondly, child seats in front of the bike are made small: a short back and narrow armrests do not protect the child’s head well and do not provide sufficient lateral support for the child’s spine.
- thirdly, lightweight aluminum bicycles for adults lose their maneuverability if the load on the front of the body is more than 10 kg.
- fourthly, an ordinary front child seat will not fit on a bicycle with a low frame (the child will bump his head against the driver’s chin).
- fifth, when the baby rides in the seat in front of the bike. he is exposed to the wind even more than the parent (windproof clothing solves the problem).
Sometimes you can find front child seats on a bicycle. which are not attached to the bike frame, but to the steering column, thus solving the problem of a short frame. Such devices can withstand only light weight (up to 15 kg), but they are compact and neat looking, so parents of babies from one to two years old prefer to install such bicycle seats in front.
The optimal number of belts in both cases is 4. The fasteners should be designed so that the baby cannot unfasten on its own.
The advantages of the bike frame-mounted seats include the following:
- free trunk (a child bike seat on the front frame allows you to carry purchases and a child on the same vehicle);
- they give a good overview of the road for the child (this is important, because children receive most of the information about the world through the visual channel);
- when choosing a child seat designed for installation on a bicycle frame, the build of mom or dad does not matter;
- you will be able to control the physical and emotional state of the baby (if the baby gets tired, you will find out about it right away);
- child bike seats on a frame or handlebar can be used on bikes with a rear shock absorber.
Reliable rear: about child bike seats on the trunk
If you need to be focused on the road, you don’t want to place the seat on the bike frame. choose a model of a seat on the trunk of a bicycle or a tube under the saddle of a bike for your child.
Rear seats for children differ from the front ones and have obvious advantages:
- nothing distracts the bike driver from the road. this is 1 to safety;
- a high back and a wide seat of a child seat on the trunk of a bicycle minimize the load on the child’s musculoskeletal system;
- you can install a rear bicycle seat on almost any adult bike: light or heavy, with or without a trunk, while the weight of a small rider can be up to 22-24 kg;
- if a child seat is installed on the trunk of a bicycle, the parent shields the child from the wind.
- child bike seats on a frame or handlebar can be used on bikes with a rear shock absorber.
- Even 2 straps will freely hold the child in the spacious bicycle seat on the lower frame or trunk.
Despite these advantages, rear bicycle seats are not ideal. Their cons:
- sitting in such a bicycle seat, the baby will not be able to enjoy the views of the terrain to the fullest (your back will obstruct the view);
- The design is not intended for large parents with a heavy pelvic girdle;
- you will not be able to constantly observe the child (you will not see if the child is scared or wants to sleep);
- the trunk will have to be abandoned (in favor of a small basket at the helm);
- child bike seats on a frame or handlebar can be used on bikes with a rear shock absorber.
- Neither bike rack nor seat tube bike seats are suitable for models with a rear shock absorber.
Helpful article? Then save the site to bookmarks: we regularly have relevant materials for the most athletic.
How to choose a bicycle seat for a child
How to choose a child bike seat
The child bike seat can be attached to the frame, rack or seat tube. Therefore, choose the model you like depending on the design of the bike and the weight of the child.
The armchairs have narrow backs on the frame. They can withstand up to 15 kg and are designed for children up to three years old.
- The Sportfix holder is attached to the steering axle. Additionally, it is fixed to the frame using arcs that come with the mount. Suitable for sports bikes.
- The Hendelfix child seat is attached to the head tube. The set of fasteners includes a rigid bracket and clamps, which are adjustable to the diameter of the steering rod. The mount is designed for a city bike.
- The Multifix clip is installed on the lower tube of the bicycle. The chair has excellent shock absorption and compatibility with any type is great.
A distinctive feature of the rear bicycle seats is a high and wide backrest. Some of the models can be adjusted in tilt angle and height. Seats are fixed with two metal elements, they can hold up to 26 kg.
Manufacturers have provided three types of mounts.
- Clamp fasteners quickly and securely attach to the rack. But there is no cushioning in the chair. On a bumpy road, the child will fully experience the “delights” of a hard ride.
- For the seatpost (designation Relax), a rigid arch is included. The principle of installation of the chair is the same as on the front, only the geometry of the bracket is different. This seat is comfortable for a child. He rides like on springs that spring and smooth out the shaking.
- There are two types of fasteners in the Multifix universal fastener. for the trunk and the seat tube. These models are the most reliable.
Do not place the bike seat on the seat tube of a two-suspension bike. It breaks down quickly due to the high vibration amplitude of the seat.
Which child seat is better
- The bumper additionally holds the baby, it is convenient for him to hold onto the handrail. You can also attach toys for entertainment on it.
- Height and width adjustable three-point seat belts fix the shoulders and pelvis, five-point seat belts. also the hips.
- Soft tabs on the harnesses prevent crashing into the body when jerking.
- The buckle of the lock should be easy to fasten, but difficult to unfasten. Then a fidget will not cope with her and will not be able to take off his seat belts.
- It is convenient to lean on the armrests if the baby is tired.
- A soft lining made of non-slip material should unfasten and wash well without shedding.
- The protruding double-walled sidewalls reliably protect the child from impacts and collisions.
- Perforated backrest allows air to breathe. Thanks to this, the baby does not sweat in the chair.
- Leg guards and footrests should adjust as you grow and protect your foot from hitting the spokes in all positions.
- A seat with fluorescent reflectors doubles the distance at which you will be visible to car drivers in the evening.
Seat tube mount bike seat
To secure the bike seat to the seat tube, you need a special lock into which the ends of the suspension pins are inserted. This is a dubious design, but experts assure that this is a reliable and high-quality mount. The suspension rods are strong, they firmly fix the seat and do not deform or break with constant use.
This is the most popular model. When properly installed, the result is a safe seat with wonderful shock absorption. And when moving, the chair sways, which creates the child’s comfort and excellent mood.
In order to properly install such a seat, you first need to make a fitting. Make sure this model fits the frame on your bike, and when installed, there is enough space between the seat and the rear wheel to prevent wheel friction.
Bike seat on the frame
The first version of the bike seat is attached to the front of the bike. It can be mounted on both the steering tube and the front triangle tubes.
This option has its pros and cons. The plus is that in such a chair the child is in front of your eyes and is easy to control, and the baby also has an excellent panorama and he can calmly consider everything in front of him.
And the minus is that this position is not comfortable for a cyclist, since in order not to interfere with the chair, he has to widely spread his knees to the sides. And at the same time, the control over the movement of the bike is reduced. The seat does not have a wide back and is intended for children weighing no more than 15 kg. And this option is not very safe. If a child falls, it could hit the front wheel or steering wheel. over, an adult, having lost control, falling, can crush the baby.
Based on this, we can conclude that with a front bike seat mount, it is best to choose a calm walk along flat paths in the park and away from highways.
Trunk bike seat
The bicycle seat is attached to the trunk quite firmly and reliably. It has standard sizes that will fit different types of bicycles with a weight of no more than 22kg. This is the safest option. Additional conveniences appear if:
- The seat has a wide side protection with a soft, waterproof pad that is removable;
- The footrests are adjustable. This is very convenient because the child is growing and each time it is necessary to adjust the length of the supports, and the straps fix the legs tightly so that they do not fall into the moving elements of the bike;
- The inclination of the chair is adjustable. The backrest itself leans back, and the chair deviates. It is very convenient for the child, especially when traveling long distance.
How to choose a bicycle seat for a child
If you have a free weekend and want to relax with the whole family, then cycling is the best choice. You will be able to rest, get a charge of vivacity and energy. If you have small children in your family who cannot operate a bicycle by themselves, then you need to get a bicycle seat. This is an irreplaceable thing on a trip. Companies provide a huge selection of children’s bike seats and therefore you need to choose the right option.
Which bike seat do you need?
When choosing a bicycle seat, first of all consider the convenience and safety, both for you and for the child. The fixing strap can be 3-point and 5-point. The child’s head must be protected by a helmet, and there must be a special recess for the helmet in the back of the seat. And to make you more visible on the road, it is best to choose bicycles in the brightest colors. And for evening walks, you must have reflective elements.
At what age can a bicycle seat be used??
Pediatricians do not recommend sitting a baby in a chair if he is still not sitting well. This can damage the muscles of the back, which will not be able to maintain a static pose for a long time.
Before going on a bike ride with young children, you should consult your doctor. Children develop in different ways and not all fit the established standard. When developing bicycle seats, companies try to take into account all age nuances. Models are being created that can be used when transporting children from 9 months. Standard bike seats are designed for weights from 15 to 22 kg, which is suitable for children from one year old to 7 years old.
And if you have planned a bike ride, then choose the best option for your child and enjoy the wonderful weather, recharge with energy and positive emotions.
How to choose a bike for a child
When buying an “iron horse” for a child, the most important thing for Honor is whether your child will feel comfortable while riding it. How to choose the right bike for your child?
Using the main principles of choosing a bicycle for a children’s bike will help you make the right choice.
In this category. bicycles for the smallest: scooter type (without pedals), tricycles and conventional models with pedals on the front wheel, models with a handle. As a rule, at this age, the height of the child is between 75 and 95 cm, so the diameter of the bicycle wheel should be about 12 inches.
The child becomes more active and can already ride his favorite bike himself. According to the International Bicycle Foundation, most children at this age start riding a two-wheeled bike with training wheels.
Safety requirements are also increasing: protection on the steering wheel, chains (from getting pants), soft seats, brake. It is recommended that the frames on the transport are lowered to make it easier for the baby to climb onto it and to protect against impacts.
As a rule, at this age, the height of the child is between 95 and 101 cm, so a suitable wheel diameter is 12 inches.
Externally and in terms of equipment, this group of bicycles is identical with the previous one. The only difference is in the diameter of the wheels. 16 inches, instead of 12, since the height of children at this age is about 101 to 115 cm.
The child gets freedom of movement on his two-wheeled vehicle, since the side training wheels can already be abandoned. Therefore, a bicycle for this age category is already a reduced copy of an adult device.
The height of children at this age is about 115 to 128 cm. Therefore, you can easily use wheels of large diameter. 20 inches. Thanks to this, many new possibilities appear: several speeds (from 1 to 6), hand brakes (v-brake type), suspension fork (on some models).
For children of this age, bicycles are almost in no way inferior to adult models. In accordance with the child’s height (from 126 cm), you can choose a bicycle with 24-inch wheels or safely buy a bicycle with 26-inch wheels (if the height is more than 135 cm), but with a suitable frame. New features: from 1 to 24 speeds, front and rear brakes, front shock absorber.
Separately, you can highlight BMX bicycles, on which they do various tricks. They are small in size with 20-inch wheels, simple in design and very sturdy. Recently they have become very popular. they can be considered as a good alternative to classic models.
Not all children grow up the same, according to the statistical correspondences of age and height, therefore the main guideline in choosing a bicycle is the child’s height.
In order not to be mistaken, be sure to take your child with you. let him “try on” the bike when buying.
So it will be possible to correctly choose not only the size of the bike itself and wheels, but also the length and height of the frame, adjust the seat and handlebars so that his legs can freely reach the pedals.
If the bike is too small, the child will be cramped and, perhaps, even ashamed to ride it in front of peers. If, on the contrary, the bike is too big, then the child may lose control of it.
Famous brands of preschool and teenage bicycles: Author, Stark, Stels, Cannondale, Ghost, Kross, Schwinn.
Method 2 of 3: Raising the bike seat
How to raise a bicycle seat
How to adjust the bike seat
Horizontally, parallel to the road. this is the correct position of the bicycle saddle (more precisely, its axis). With a strong backward bend, an additional load on the legs is created, and control decreases. Sitting strives forward. an extra load on the arms. Allowable slope change 10%.
Correctly aligning the saddle horizontally on the roller will help increase speed and control. This requires:
- loosen the pin screw;
- move the seat to the desired distance;
- tighten the fasteners;
- check setting.
The foot, resting on the pedal at the lowest extreme point of the stroke, must be in a strictly vertical position. Setting the horizontal parameters of the seat is possible only after setting the height of the seat and its tilt. Correct saddle position will help you get the most out of your rollerball. Not only will this make management easier, in other cases, knowledge can save your life or the life of a child. Having learned what the seat height should be, teach this to the children. Remember, health and safety comes first.
How to raise a bicycle seat
There are several effective methods for adjusting the height of a saddle on a bicycle according to the parameters of its owner.
Diet with an enlarged pancreas
Helpful information! Symptoms, including some yellowing of the skin and sclera of the eyes and an unpleasant taste in the mouth, indicate that inflammation of the pancreas is caused by a gallbladder disorder. Painful symptoms of the pancreas that subside when the patient is in a sitting or bent position, and intensify in the supine position, may indicate chronic pancreatitis. Print version The gastrointestinal tract (GIT) is one of the most complex multifunctional systems. One of the main functions of the gastrointestinal tract is the evacuation of processed food through the intestines. Due to this, food is mechanically processed, mixed with digestive juices, enzymatic processing, absorption of nutrient substrates.
How to adjust the pitch of the strings
Playing any musical instrument a priori implies the ability to take care of it: in particular, any guitarist must be able to regulate the pitch of the strings. both physical (level above the neck) and sound (tone). And if this does not cause difficulties for an experienced performer, then novice musicians may not immediately realize even the very need for constant tuning of the instrument.
When raising the pitch of the strings, check the tuning fork. Classically, the guitar is tuned with respect to quite certain notes for each string, however, no one forbids the musician to somewhat correct the tuning for himself and for his own voice. Nevertheless, it is still worth setting the standard string heights beforehand. to facilitate subsequent setup and just have some kind of starting point.
Be careful when over-tensioning. If you want to raise the strings above normal values, then you should be much more careful with them, because such use drastically shortens the service life. For a secure fit, be sure to wrap the a strings around the tuning peg several times. this will increase friction and redistribute the tension somewhat. When lifting, be guided by the state of the third and fourth strings. they, due to their structure, are less adapted to increasing the pitch above normal.
To lift the strings above the fretboard, first check to see if you really need to. On average, adjustment is required about once a year. A characteristic sign of the need for it will be a metallic rattling associated with the touch of the strings by the metal sills.
Find the hole in the shape of a metal hexagon. It can be located inside the body of the guitar, at the end of the neck, or at the very base of the neck. If it is inside the body, then you have to loosen one or two middle strings so as not to accidentally break them.
Having picked up a key of a suitable size, proceed with the adjustment. The strings will lift when rotated in the direction that requires less physical effort.
The formal way to check the height: the distance between the 6th string and the seventh string of LADA should be about 7 mm. However, it is not necessary to carefully measure this value. just make sure that when you strike the strings do not touch the nut and you get a “clean” sound without rattling.
After lifting the strings, tune the guitar again. The middle strings will have the greatest deviation, while the “1” and “6” strings will retain almost their original sound.
Sources: http://ekodveri-shop.ru/sootnoshenie-vysoty-rulya-i-sidenya-na-velosipede.html, http://www.velodepo.ru/reguliruem_polozhenie_sedla.php, http: //www.kakprosto. ru / kak-65785-kak-regulirovat-vysotu
How to properly adjust the bike seat
Home »How to set up correctly» How to set up a bike seat correctly
How to make bicycle seat for kids (DIY)
Cycling is designed to tone all muscle groups, lift your spirits and improve your quality of life. An important role is played by the technical condition of all components of the bike and its setting. Individual fit for the cyclist is carried out according to several parameters, in particular, according to the position of the saddle.
The saddle setting determines the fit, handling and ride efficiency. Let’s consider how to properly adjust the saddle so that it is both comfortable and not tired after long trips.
Bicycle frame child seat
It is better to teach a child by example, and not with words. this is better remembered. That is why, if you want to introduce your child to cycling, travel with him.
Such a device as a child seat on a bicycle frame will make traveling easier for parents and more interesting for kids. You can rest assured that the trips will be safe if the children are in the bicycle seat, the bindings are fastened, and the head is protected by a helmet.
1) we saw off the legs from the chair, we drill 3 holes in it (1. in the front, 2. in the back);
2) we make a carved hole in the rear rim of the bicycle and fasten a bracket with 3 holes to it (2 side ones are fastened with screws to the chair using nuts and washers);
3) we drill a hole in a metal plate (the length of the plate is equal to the length of the trunk), put it under the trunk and connect it with a screw to the highchair (this will give rigidity to the fastening of the chair when driving);
4) we cut out a soft seat on a chair from fabric and insulation, so as not to get scratched by the protruding screws (do not forget about the ties, which will allow you to tightly attach the seat to the chair);
5) we stretch a braided tape between the rods of the back of the chair and sew on a carabiner (to fix the child in the chair when pushing and bouncing the bike during a fast ride);
6) we braid the side rods under the seat with a cord or thin wire so that the legs do not fall into the spokes of the bicycle wheel.
All. The child’s bicycle seat is ready. Now you can safely hit the road in search of adventure and good mood. Happy road!
Voroshilina Irina, Minsk, Especially for the site:
Homemade baby bike seat
Making a homemade bicycle seat for a child from a broken highchair.
If the children’s plastic highchair has become unusable (cracked leg), do not rush to throw it away. Give it a second life as a DIY toddler bike seat.
To make a homemade children’s bicycle chair you will need:
DIY Front Bike Seat For Kids
Front or back?
The baby can be seated in front of you or behind you. Tiny children are put in front, so it is better to control them, and they are fascinating, because there is an excellent view in front.
For the convenience of parents, you should choose a chair that is easy to install, many manufacturers indicate this as an advantage in their models. You can ride right away, as soon as the baby learns to sit well, this happens at the age of 6-9 months, and the frame can easily withstand the weight of children at this age. It is recommended to be transplanted behind the back when children interfere with visibility and taxiing, this is about 3 years.
Consider the features of each type of child bicycle seat.
|Suitable for children from 9 months. 1 to 3 years.||They carry children 2-3 years old, weight from 10 to 22-25 kg.|
|Allows you to better monitor your child’s behavior.||Models are usually more closed on the sides, the parent’s back protects from headwinds.|
|Low back, the baby may catch a cold.||Parents have free hands, but additional control of the baby’s behavior behind is required.|
|Free trunk.||Busy trunk.|
When choosing a chair on the frame, pay attention that the frame itself is not sloping, no wires or cables should pass along it.
When is the best time to transfer children to the back seat? Usually when the child’s feet reach the center of the front wheel. The rear seat is mounted on the seat tube or on the trunk. Chair models can have sleep functions, reclining backrests and ventilation holes. To watch your baby behind the back, it is recommended to make a mount for rear-view mirrors.
When it comes to children and riding, the first thing they think about is how safe it is for the child, so a helmet is an integral part of cycling with children.
Before riding, check whether all fastenings are secure and hold well, always fasten the child with seat belts. Modern manufacturers produce adjustable soft 3 and 5-point belts. In models for the trunk, the child’s legs are fixed on the footrests with perforated plastic straps so that they do not accidentally fall into the wheel spokes, and the footrests themselves can be adjustable.
Please note that the device must meet standards and be certified for transporting children!
An accessory such as a child seat on a bicycle will allow you to arrange walks for very young riders.
My eldest son and I are fans of bike racing, and the younger one also wanted to join us. Since it is still small for independent rides, I began to look for a way to transport it on my bike. I considered two options. a bike trailer and a chair. The trailer is both expensive and cumbersome, so the choice fell on a bicycle seat. I monitored the Internet and realized that I would not buy this thing, but as always I would do everything myself. The result may not be as safe as in the purchased versions, but I like mine better, because while driving, I completely control the child and can communicate with him. The youngest has ridden this saddle for about thirty kilometers and practice has shown that the child feels comfortable, does not get tired and safety is at a normal level.
Materials: 30 mm steel angle 3mm thick, a piece of sheet steel, steel water pipe, 16mm plywood, a few furniture bolts and grips from an old bike. All connections are welded. After painting it looks more or less decent, even a couple of times already people came up and asked where we bought this)))
City bicycles and cruisers, which people ride in an upright position, have wide and soft seats. Comfort is important on such bicycles during a short and unhurried ride around the city.
Rapid pedaling on mountain bikes, touring bikes, road bikes, wide seats will interfere with.
By the way, the opinion that obese people should definitely put a wide saddle on a bicycle is a delusion. In fact, the width of the pelvic bones in an overweight person is often the same as that of a lean fellow cyclist.
In order not to rub the skin until reddening, it is better not to ride a bike with a cheap seat, wearing only swimming trunks or thin shorts, synthetic fabric pants. You can protect yourself by putting on a saddle cover that will take on friction as you move.
If you like your favorite lightweight plastic saddle, you can upgrade it by purchasing a leather case. In this case, the new accessory will soften the slippery rough surface.
Fearing to fall off the bike, people lower the seat low, so that while sitting in it, they can reach the ground with their feet if they become scared. Sitting very low in the saddle and pedaling, uninformed cyclists will bend their knees excessively, to the point of being comparable to multiple squats. Of course, such a would-be cyclist’s legs quickly get tired, and what is more dangerous, with constant driving like this, the knee joints are destroyed.
Most cyclists make the mistake of setting the saddle too low.
To correctly adjust the height of the bike seat, you need to:
- Turn the pedals so that one of them is set at the lowest point.
- Adjust the saddle height so that you can straighten your leg in the lower position of the pedal, but you will touch it with the heel.
- Check if the seat is too high, you should be able to touch your toes to the bottom of the lowered pedal.
Please note that the seatpost cannot be pulled further if it goes less than 10-15 cm into the tube, otherwise it will break the frame. Each seatpost has a limit mark.
Soft or hard
On a firm saddle, the back of the body hangs above its surface, touching only the right places where the bones are. From the experience of athletes, it is best to develop maximum speeds on a bicycle in such a seat. Solid saddle plus carbon seatpost and water-absorbing cycling shorts. perfect combination for long distance travel.
Faux leather as a material for covering bicycle seats is used on specimens of the middle price level. There are many types of leatherette, they are different in density and strength.
- Dermatine wears out quickly.
- PVC is resistant to wear and tear, but very slippery and completely sweat-proof.
- Stretch leather is the most durable of all substitutes, but slippery.
If the nose of the saddle is lifted up, then it will press on the organs of the perineum. Well, if the seat is lowered with its nose down, then you will constantly move forward, resting with strained hands on the steering wheel. The ideal saddle tilt is zero when it is parallel to the road.
It is always convenient to ride on a saddle that is straight and tilted, as this is the only way to find the ideal position for long journeys. If you feel that the aligned saddle is pressing you, then you need to lower it only a few millimeters.
CHILD BICYCLE SEAT: CHAIR SELECTION
Having bought a seat for a child on a bicycle, you can take your child with you for a walk or on a short bike trip. When riding a bike, it is very important that the child is comfortable. Choosing a safe bike seat does not guarantee the success of walks, especially if they are long walks.
Therefore, choose such a chair so that the baby does not press anywhere, does not rub, it is not harsh. And if you want your child to enjoy skiing, choose a route with a beautiful landscape.
Then the baby will be fascinated by the contemplation of the environment, and traveling in a comfortable chair will not be tiresome.
To choose a good safe bicycle seat for your child, pay attention to the following criteria:
- The seat must be deep, the seat itself must have a high back and solid side protection from the back to the footrests.
- The legs must be fully protected and fastened with straps so that the child’s foot cannot get into the wheel.
- Seat belts should be made of material that is strong, but not hard on the child’s body. Their latches should be made so that only an adult can unfasten them. Better to choose a chair with adjustable straps.
- Many bicycle seats have, in addition to seat belts, a front handrail, which is necessary not only for safety, you can hang some of your child’s toys on it.
- Handles and armrests will make cycling more comfortable, the baby will be able to sit in a comfortable position, as well as change it and turn.
- It’s good if the footpegs on the bike seat are adjustable.
- A rear bicycle seat is better to choose with an adjustable backrest.
- Pay attention to the ventilation of the chair so that in hot weather the baby does not “fry” on the seat.
- The shape of the back should allow the baby to sit in a helmet.
In order to provide comfort and safety for the transport of small children, child bike seats have been developed. Safety is achieved by straps that can be adjusted according to the baby’s height.
The three-point harness system allows you to fix the child by the shoulders and between the legs. The seat itself is very securely attached to the bike, so spontaneous unfastening is excluded. Today, a bicycle seat is a reliable way to transport children on a bicycle.
BICYCLE CHILD SEAT. A SAFE AND COMFORTABLE METHOD OF TRANSPORTING CHILDREN BY BICYCLE
A bicycle seat for a child is a very useful and necessary thing for families with small children. From the age of one, the child can be seated in a bicycle seat and go for walks together. The seat for a child on a bicycle is very convenient for the cub and for his parent. Such a chair will allow you not only to go cycling together, but also to overcome long distances.
CHILD BIKE SEAT ON FRAME
The frame of the bike is not designed for too much weight, and a large child will interfere with the control of the bike. Therefore, a child seat for a bicycle on a frame is intended for transporting children from one to three years old.
All parents know what kind of children are at this age. You only know to monitor and control them. When the child sits in the front bicycle seat, he is under the full supervision of a parent. And the kid himself will like to travel like that. After all, he is behind the wheel and observes all the way.
Another advantage of the bike seat on the frame is that the trunk remains free, you can take all the necessary things with you on the road.
Therefore, when choosing a front bicycle seat, pay attention to the shock absorber so that the ride for the child is softer. Choose a chair body that is strong and durable so that in the event of a fall, you cannot press down the child too much.
Be sure to seat a child in a helmet wearing a helmet, because the body is protected by the bike seat itself, seat belts, steering wheel, and the head remains open.
The armchair is attached to the frame thanks to the lock-holder and “mustache”, which will help to fix the armchair firmly and securely.
Be sure to follow the instructions for securing the seat and check the attachment before each cycling with your child.