What is an asterisk?
Star. it’s a cog. It is a ring or roller with teeth on it that connect the chain.
Can a bicycle frame undergo a physical change??
Yes, bike frames are subject to physical changes. When metal bike frames get hot, expand slightly. It’s not much, but they do, and the change is physical. All bike shots warm up as we ride them. The frames bend slightly when we apply stress while driving to them, and they will react to bending, warning, and the increase in temperature will cause the material to expand slightly In metal frames, the metallic properties of the material from which the frame is made. will undergo changes.
Metals that die or move during use undergo what is known as hardening. The metal crystal structure changes and larger crystals form larger ones and the metal becomes brittle. This is just one form of physical change that a bicycle frame can go through. The physical change to the bike would be if it was bent or cut.
How do you change the axle on a bike?
With difficulties. For the most common design, you will need a set of special tools called taper wrenches. With a cone wrench holding the cone, you can use a regular wrench to undo the locknut, and from that side, you can pull the cone out, then the axle will slide straight. When the axle comes out, so will the ball bearings. so do it over a bucket or something.
Please note that different projects require different methods. For example, internal nodes will require more than described above. See Links for more.
Is it a chemical or physical change if you leave your bike in the rain and it rusts?
Chemical because rust. iron oxide. Iron converts from iron to iron oxide, which is (as you can see). it is a chemical change. Usually a color change usually indicates a chemical change.
Can you swap the rear sprocket for a schwinn meridian trick to make it easier to move uphill?
The rear sprocket appears to be held in place by a retaining ring like a regular Shimano / Sturmey-Archer standard, in which case it can be easily removed. The problem is that I can’t tell you how much disassembly it takes to get it off the axle and get a new one there. It might be easier for a new smaller sprocket (instead of pedals).
Meridian uses a very common square taper bracket, so finding a suitable crank disc with fewer teeth shouldn’t be a problem. You need at least one special one, so I suggest you bring it to the cyclist.
Has the penny farthing changed?
Not really. Penny Farthing’s design had some serious flaws, the largest creatures that were prone to toppling forward during braking. Therefore, as soon as the farthest “safety” exercise bike design was known, Penny Farting became an engineering dead end and then simply dead.
How can you change the speed of the bike?
Change the direction of the path at any moment. Consider the case where you are driving in a straight line with a constant speed, if you change the direction of your path but continue at a constant speed, then there will be a change in speed that is independent of your speed. The pedal is faster. It is good if you continue in the same direction and increase your speed.
Then the speed will also increase. There are a large number of cases for the question asked. Hope this helped.
How to adjust the rear derailleur
How to adjust the rear derailleur
To adjust the rear derailleur on your bike, you need pliers, a curly screwdriver, a 9 wrench (some models can use a 5 hex wrench). First of all, make sure that the rear derailleur is not defective, not bent, and works well (try to stretch it. pull it off), check the gear shift cable so that there are no kinks, burrs on it, just in case, remove it from the cable jacket, clean it from dirt and lubricate, if all is well, you can proceed to direct adjustment of the rear derailleur.
1) Install the chain on the small stars at the front and rear
2) Loosen the cable by unscrewing the retaining bolt
Straightening A Bent Chainring
3) Screw it all the way, and then slightly loosen the adjusting drum that pulls the cable (where the cable jacket and cable are inserted) in some models, it is also duplicated on the gear shift coins (the handle on the steering wheel), if it is on the coins, do the same.
4) Stand behind the bike on the derailleur (behind or on the side) there will be two adjusting screws with the letters H and L. L. adjusting the blockage of the chain of large sprockets, H. Adjusting the blockage of the chain of small sprockets. First of all, we will adjust the small stars, for this you need to set the tension roller and the last sprocket one level (tighten or unscrew the screw with the letter H)
5) We pull and clamp the cable (do not overdo it with clamping as you can break the thread)
When and How to Replace your MTB Chainring | CRC
6) Unscrew the bolt with the letter L almost to the end so as not to restrict the chain in motion.
7) Switch the coin of the rear derailleur for large sprockets to number 1 (But remember that the chain can fall over the sprockets and get stuck between the spokes, so do it carefully)
8) Tighten the screw with the letter L until it starts to rotate tightly, the chain tensioner and the large sprocket should be on the same straight line, as in step 3
9) Adjust the chain tensioner if your derailleur has one. To do this, place the chain on the smallest front sprocket and the largest rear sprocket, and spin the pedals back. If the upper tensioner roller touches the sprocket teeth, then you need to turn the tensioner adjustment screw and ensure that this roller moves away from the sprocket by about 5 mm. Then we transfer the chain to the smallest sprocket and check the chain tension there.
10) Now we need to check the gear shifting, for this we put the bike on a special stand or just lift the rear wheel or we can sit down and drive, turn the pedals and switch the rear derailleur (take into account the operation of the front and rear sprockets, there should be no chain skew, i.e. when front 1 a back 7 or front 3 a back 1) If the chain does not lift up well, then you need to turn the adjusting drum counterclockwise.
If you did everything right, everything should work. If you cannot do it yourself, please contact our bicycle workshop, we will help you adjust the rear derailleur, or, if necessary, replace the rear derailleur.
How to fix defects
The speed switch will work perfectly and the bike itself will be with a new (or not very old) cable, with absolutely intact shirts (and not dry!) And not deformed (or in a small volume) stars and chain.
If the cable is just stretched, then you just need to pull it up. But if the cable breaks, then you cannot do without replacing this element. The process of replacing the cable is not difficult, the main thing is to strictly adhere to the recommendations of the specialists:
- unscrew the cable fixing screw, which is located on the cross-over;
- pull the cable out of the shirts;
- if necessary, disassemble the shifter and pull the cable out of it;
- a new cable must be inserted into a special groove in the shifter, and it is the metal tip of the cable that must enter into the groove;
- lubricate the entire cable with a special grease, you do not need to spare the consumable;
- pass the cable through the shirts;
- there are special grooves on the frame, into which shirts are tucked;
- fasten the cable with a screw on the front end.
In case of poor gear shifting, pay attention to the return spring. it must be clean and lubricated. To achieve this, you just need to rinse the spring under running water, dry it completely and lubricate it thoroughly.
If the frame of the rear derailleur is crooked, then this can only mean one thing. the cock is bent. If this is not critical, then you can correct the cock with your hands. you need to take the rear switch in your hand, which is fixed on the cock, and hold the frame with the other hand. Slowly pull out the problematic transmission element (cock) until relatively even setting.
Note: this “repair” of the cock is a temporary solution to the problem of shifting gears. The fact is that the rooster is a consumable that needs to be changed on time, and not constantly repaired / pulled.
In some cases, the bike owner pays attention to a deformed rear derailleur (the front derailleur rarely suffers on impact). it can also be returned to its original position with the help of hands. But if the rear derailleur is deformed too much, then it is advisable to replace it.
Note: After performing specific manipulations to repair bent / deformed parts, you should not use the bike for too long. this may end in a fall, another breakdown at the most inopportune moments. And in some cases, such carelessness can lead to a traffic accident.!
How to adjust the bike‘s front derailleur
Set the center position of the front derailleur frame
It is necessary to transfer the chain to the center sprockets of the cassette using the rear derailleur. We switch from the first to the second speed (the chain should initially be on the 1st star), if it does not switch, then it is necessary to tighten the cable with the tension regulator (see paragraph 3.A), which is located on the shifter. We twist until the chain clearly and quickly transitions to the middle star.
Why is there a violation of gear shifting
To understand what action should be taken to adjust gear shifting, you need to understand what causes may lead to the problem in question. Experts identify several such predisposing factors:
- deformation of the rooster;
- stretching the cable;
- deformation of the speed switch;
- malfunctioning return spring.
How this switch works
This is not a Tiptronic automatic transmission and the operation of the switch is very simple. Conventional aside, it’s just a steel frame suspended from a bicycle frame that can move left and right. As it moves, it pushes the bicycle chain and forces it to move from one sprocket to another. Powered by a cable that is connected to a shifter on the handlebars.
Everything seems to be simple, but not as it seems. The front derailleur has to work with the busiest top of the chain, which transmits power to the rear sprockets and is always in tension. Therefore, in the event that the derailleur is set incorrectly, changing gears will be difficult even with ideal rear shift settings.
To make the whole adjustment clear and understandable, let’s imagine that we are installing it on a bare bicycle frame. Settings from scratch, kind of.