Seasonal adjustments are quite serious, mostly related to mountain bikes. In the summer, you should slightly underestimate the pumping and DO NOT push against the maximum. Hot asphalt heats up the air inside the chamber, which increases the volume and therefore the pressure. Also, a pumped tire wears out very quickly.
In winter, sometimes you should slightly exceed the maximum in order to achieve maximum work from the tread, especially if the rubber is selected with spikes.
The pressure in the tires of the BICYCLE, what should be and WHAT TO RUN?
Every bike lover is obliged to keep an eye on the condition of your two-wheeled horse. It is from this that its service life and ride comfort will envy. When you go on your next trip, do not forget to measure your tire pressure. This procedure is mandatory, because the comfort while driving directly depends on it.
Oddly enough, first of all the quality of cycling, especially on asphalt, depends on the pressure in the wheels of the bike. Under-inflated wheels easily break through and extinguish a large percentage of the cyclist’s efforts, while over-inflated wheels can damage the camera and lead to its rapid wear. Accurate knowledge and experience will help you find the middle ground.
Many are accustomed to checking the pressure in Dedovsk tires using the finger method. However, this method is very imprecise, and besides, the concept of “well-inflated wheel” can be very different for every BIKE. That is why it is better to always have a pressure gauge on hand to accurately determine the tire pressure.
Its cost is quite low, so everyone can afford such an acquisition.
How to pump
Bicycle luggage requires maintenance and inflation very often. Even on the most “hardy” city and mountain bikes, it is required to check and pump up the camera every 2-3 weeks, since the air leaks not only because of the nipple, but simply because of the rubber. High pressure “helps” air molecules find their way through an insufficiently dense chamber.
“City”, or, simply, budget bicycles, it is enough to pump up once every 2-4 weeks, mountain bikes. at least once every two weeks, road bikes. once a week, and Road and sports bikes. before each trip.
After the pump is not only an emergency accessory, which is used only when changing a punctured wheel, but also a necessary part of the preparation for departure. Active cyclists should consider purchasing two pumps:
- Portable. as part of an emergency kit or on long journeys;
- Stationary with a stop and a pressure gauge. for periodic maintenance of your tires.
By the way, the place of a stationary pump is excellent. It is occupied by an ordinary car pump. It is also suitable for bicycles, it shows exactly how many atmospheres it is inflated, and does NOT take up additional space. Some people prefer to pump up on “professional” pumps at gas stations, but the lack of their professional tool can play a bad joke in case of an unexpected situation or when you deviate from the standard route.
What is written on the tires
The secret to making the right choice is very simple: just look at the inflated wheel. Next to the information about the size of the tire there will be information about the permissible pressure range in the chamber.
Why is this information not shown on the camera itself? Because the only point in it that is subject to real stress is the nipple, and its mechanism is very reliable. Otherwise, the normal pressure, which increases by an order of magnitude during fast skiing, is taken by the tire, and how much it will be compressed is the main limitation.
So, if the pressure is too low, the tire will break closer to the rim, bite the chamber, leading to a breakdown, and if it is high, it may just burst on one of the bumps or when driving on hot asphalt.
Despite the recommendations of the manufacturers, such a parameter as the pressure in the wheel chamber is a matter of personal preference. Each cyclist adjusts this parameter for himself, for the track on which he is going to ride, for his personal riding style and level of technical training. Therefore, how much should be pumped up, everyone decides for himself. Every experienced rider knows a number of factors and operates with them:
- The rider approaches the parameters to the maximum, if he wants to add speed to the fable while driving and at the same time save his strength.
- The cyclist approaches the minimum value to provide better traction.
- Low inflation helps smooth out minor bumps in the road while driving.
- Over-inflated tires will lead to tube breakdown on the rim.
- Under-inflated tires will also lead to tube damage from “snake bites”.
For heavy riders or heavily loaded bikes, it is very important to add pressure, because a lot of mass will squeeze the wheel of the bike and problems with insufficiently inflated cameras can come out much earlier.
Recommended pressure for weight addition is 1% for every kilogram of rider weight over 50.
How riding style and tire pressure depend.
When a cyclist trains on flat asphalt roads, country and forest roads and paths. For this style of riding, I prefer to pump the wheels up to 3.5-4 atmospheres. Such a high bar value allows you to achieve good speed characteristics, high speed, but when it hits bumps and stones, the fifth point immediately feels all the unevenness of the road surface.
For those who like walking at low speed on the flat roads of parks, 2.5-3 atmospheres is enough. On the Internet, you can often find recommendations to pump 2-2.5 bar into wheels, this is justified only for tires at least 2 inches wide and subject to driving over rough terrain or poor coverage. Low pressure increases traction and comfort, but reduces roll on flat pavement. You should not drive at a pressure less than 2 atmospheres under no circumstances.
The choice of the terrain on which you prefer to ride, obliges you to choose a certain type of tire, but in general, if you have a universal tread, you can make your ride comfortable on a particular type of road surface by changing the amount of atmospheres on the wheels. The figures below are based on a standard 2-2.1 “tires.
For gravel, mud, grass, sandy surfaces, it is better to pump up to 2.5 atmospheres, which increases the adhesion of the tread to the ground and allows the wheel to smooth out all the irregularities of the road surface well enough.
For even asphalt roads, feel free to use a pressure of 3 bar or more. However, there is one but. If you have a fairly bald tread (wheels with poor relief or slick tires), and you are driving at high speed on wet or even wet asphalt, then you risk slipping (flying out) when cornering. If you find Rain on the road, just lower the speed or slightly deflate the tires.
This article describes the most acceptable criteria for choosing tire pressure, but since each person independently selects the most convenient pressure values, I advise, first of all, when mastering a bicycle, experiment.
What do they write on the tires? For example, (2.38-4.0) is clearly atmospheres, or BAR, and (95-135) is Psi. If the figure has more than 3 characters or the prefix “k” (kilo), we are talking about metric Pascal. Most often, the desired value is located under the size designations and is duplicated in BAR and Psi in the form of a range, clearly indicating to what pressure you can pump.
Actually, the manufacturer indicates the range within which the tire can function, then. the freedom of the cyclist.
How to determine the tire pressure level?
A more reliable way to determine tire pressure is to use a pressure gauge. When performing a task using the device, it is worth counting the number of pump strokes until the optimal level is reached. This approach will tell you how to inflate your bike wheels next time, even without access to a pressure gauge.
Why is it important to maintain high tire pressure?
Immediately it is worth noting that it is not worth being afraid to pump the wheels. The upper limit for most tires is quite high. Therefore, extra effort usually does NOT cause the tires to burst. It is much worse to ride on flat tires, because in this case, the likelihood of ribs and other damage increases, which can lead to the need for repair or replacement of the bike camera.
What else threatens riding on half-flat tires and unwillingness to figure out how to pump up bicycle wheels? Due to insufficient pressure, the shock absorption capacity of the tires deteriorates. High-speed driving on irregularities, movement on sections with rough terrain. all this can lead to the formation of so-called eights on wheels, damage to the rims.
Getting started pumping up the wheels
- After releasing the tire nipple, you need to completely release the air from the wheel.
- A pump is connected to the nipple, the wheel is inflated to the desired level.
- During operation, the pump is disconnected from time to time to check the pressure with a pressure gauge.
- At the end, the pump is retracted to the side, a protective cap is screwed onto the nipple.
Similar actions are performed with the second wheel. The tire will be considered inflated optimally when the pressure level is exceeded by about 5-8% of the value that is marked on the tires.
The main thing. DO NOT forget to count the number of strokes to achieve the required pressure level. In the future, this will save you unnecessary trouble and save a lot of effort.
How to inflate a bicycle wheel without a pump? It would seem that it is unrealistic to cope with such a task. However, when you have a standard tire inflator on hand, you can use a homemade compressor from a vacuum cleaner with a blower function. The main thing. Find a suitable hose for this and securely isolate all connections of the homemade device.
To what level should the wheels be inflated??
- How to inflate the wheels of a bicycle for a comfortable ride on Smooth hard surface? In this case, it is necessary to create a higher pressure in the tires of the order of 3.5 atmospheres. Insufficient pumping of the wheels will lead to an increase in the area of contact of the wheels with the road and, accordingly, a decrease in driving speed.
- How to inflate a bicycle wheel when preparing a vehicle for riding on the ground? Here it is worth setting the tire pressure, which is slightly higher than the minimum and is about 2.6 atmospheres. Softer wheels will dampen vibrations when in contact with bumps. Among other things, increasing the contact area with the road will increase traction on descents and sharp turns.
How to inflate bicycle wheels? Helpful hints
Every owner of a two-wheeled iron horse knows how to pump up the wheels of a bicycle. However, even some experienced cyclists who have been riding for years do not understand how to get the job done right.
How to pump a bicycle wheel with a pump, what pressure should be in the tires, how often should you resort to the procedure? All these questions concern avid cyclists.
How often to inflate bicycle tires?
If the tire pressure is exceeded, the tire may burst or explode. Therefore, it is worth regularly checking the condition of the wheels with a pressure gauge. For mountain bikes several times a week, for road bikes after each ride.
If you follow such simple recommendations, trips will be much more pleasant, easier and more efficient. Ultimately, timely inflation of the wheels and maintaining the optimal level of tire pressure will eliminate the need to carry your favorite bike on your own shoulders.
Influence of tire pressure on the braking distance of the machine
It is important to remember that the safety of the driver and passengers depends on the size of the braking distance. Therefore, it is always necessary to do so as to minimize the braking distance of the car. There are many factors affecting the magnitude of the braking distance, and one of them is the pressure in the tires. The increased pressure in the tires, as mentioned earlier, has the least adhesion to the road surface. Consequently, the stopping distance will increase. Decreasing the tire pressure will shorten the braking distance. But again, there are disadvantages. exchange rate stability will decrease.
From all of the above, we can conclude that tire pressure is a rhetorical question to be solved individually, taking into account the information stated in the vehicle operating documentation. After all, any designer, when indicating the necessary normal tire pressure for a particular car, performed calculations and took into account various factors that could affect the correct operation of the car.
Of course, somewhere you can win by lower or higher tire pressure, but the result will always be proportional. Therefore, you should always be guided by optimal data. B do not forget before each, especially a long trip, to check and swing the wheels, taking into account the load on the car, possible weather conditions, road surface, etc. And so on.
Bicycle tire sizes
This is a question that should be dealt with in detail. The fact is, in the classification of bicycle tires there is a certain range of standards. there is French, inch (which, in turn, can also differ), European ISO, in some places you can even find Soviet or Russian. No matter how entangled in this diversity?
- The French marking system only reflects the approximate outer dimensions of the tire fitted to the rim, including its own thickness. It consists of a three-digit number, which says the diameter of the wheel in millimeters, and the letter designation of the tire width. here A to D in ascending order. Such a classification system is rather inconvenient, and does not reflect the whole variety of bicycle tires.
- The inch standard also characterizes tires by their outer diameter. Marking assumes the presence of two or three numerical groups. First is the Approximate Outside Diameter in inches. The second number is the width of the tire, which can be specified either in decimal or in a regular fraction. If you come across a marking with three groups of numbers, then in second place is the height of the tire, and only in third is its width. For example, 20 x 1.5; 24 x 1 ⅜; 26 x 1.25 x 1.375.
- The most convenient, probably, will be considered the European ISO ETRTO standard, which has recently been obscured by most of the world’s manufacturers. This system is based on the width of the tire and on the rim diameter of the wheel, expressed in millimeters.
In addition to the diameter, it is very important to match the width of the tire to the inner rim landing width. In the ISO system, this value is also standardized and takes values from 15 to 23 and wider than a millimeter in increments of 2 mm. Correct selection of the tire width will increase its service life, reduce the likelihood of ribs, “breaking” or jumping out of the rim.
A few words about the design of bicycle tires
To clearly imagine which tires need to be purchased for their bike, any owner should at least a little to navigate in their design.
The four main structural components of the tire are the bead, cord, bead and tread.
- The side cable is used to securely attach the tire to the wheel rim. It is made of either steel wire or synthetics, most often Kevlar. The first type is very common and inexpensive. Kevlar (folding) tires are lighter and can be folded up compactly for storage or for use on the road as a spare, but they are significantly more expensive.
- Cord is the basis of the tire, its carcass, which largely determines the strength characteristics. It is a diagonal weave of nylon threads with different weave density, which is measured by TPI in the range from 24 to 130. the number of threads per inch. It is clear that the higher this index, the stronger the tire.
- Tire beads. rubber covering of the tire sidewalls. There are two types:
- Gumwall. a thick layer of rubber with a low weave density. Most common type, durable, inexpensive, most often used in urban environments or for tourism.
- Skinwall is a thin-walled, high-density tire. They are lightweight, used, most often, for sports purposes.
Tires can be made of rubber or compound (polymer) composite materials. Both the one and the other material have their advantages and disadvantages.
Rubber provides better grip, but wears out faster. The compound is cheaper, and for some types of roads (for example, for driving on mud) its performance will be even higher.
Top 5 movies about mountaineers and rock climbers are described on this page.
Ironically, a new sport. slackline. emerged from idleness. See for yourself: pro-extrim.com/ground/sleklajjn/slackline.html
What should be the pressure in the bicycle tires
If the wheels are over-inflated, then the bike will roll well, but the tire will not absorb at all on uneven surfaces. All difficult sections will be much more difficult, since the contact patch of the tire with the ground will have a minimum area, and you will be swept away when cornering. Needless to say, when cycling in winter, the situation is exacerbated by the slippery surface. In addition, pumping can cause the wheel to explode. Old Soviet cameras are especially susceptible to this, the material of which is already turning into dust from old age. The tire breaks from overpressure NOT immediately, but for example on a hill, where a pebble falls under the wheel. This situation is extremely dangerous because K. Sometimes the tires are literally ripped off the wheel due to damage to its continuity. The air pressure in the tires of the bicycle also affects the “piercing” of the wheel. The pumped rubber easily picks up all the cloves and glass on the road.
If the tires are flat, the situation is NOT better than with inflated tires. The tire does not sit tightly on the rim, it can jump off the wheel, and when driving onto the curb, a puncture may form (the so-called snake bite). The roll of the bike decreases and more and more force is required to pedal. However, when choosing between an under-inflated tire and an under-inflated tire, it is better to opt for an under-inflated tire. Truth and reasonable limits should not be forgotten. If the tire drags like a rag, then you are clearly mistaken with the pressure.
When choosing the pressure in the tires of a bicycle, remember that on each tire the appropriate operating pressure range is always indicated, which must be maintained in the wheel. Pressures are indicated in MPa, PSI, bar or atmospheres. Usually one of THESE indicators is necessarily used on the pump pressure gauge. If you can’t find the required unit of measurement, then it’s very easy to remember:
1 atm = 1 bar = 14.5 PSI = 0.1 MPa
Values These are approximate values for easy calculation. They cannot be used as a standard of accuracy.
If you are just starting to ride, then these characteristics will help you navigate. If you already have some experience in riding and maintaining a bicycle, then you can determine the appropriate pressure by simply feeling the wheel.
The answer to the question of what pressure should be in the tires of a bicycle should be maintained in monosyllables. For different riding styles and different uses; as well as for the characteristics of the environment, you need to select your values. By default, it is generally accepted that the optimal operating pressure in a tire is 2 to 3 atmospheres.
However, let me remind you once again that you need to determine the appropriate pressure yourself. Of course, lowering the wheels to 1 atmosphere is completely useless, because K. Rim punctures guaranteed. But it is also very important to understand that, for example, for extreme skiing on complex loose tracks, it is better to choose a lower pressure to increase the contact patch, it is very important.
- Similar articles
- A few words about the design of bicycle tires
- Bicycle tire sizes
- Which protector to choose?
- A Few Tips for Using Bicycle Tires
- Influence of tire pressure on vehicle handling
- Influence of tire pressure on the braking distance of the machine
- Frequently asked questions about hoverboards
- Operational Questions
Influence of tire pressure on vehicle handling
In this regard, we can also say that the tire pressure, depending on whether it is low or increased, will depend on the car’s handling in various situations. For example, with increased tire pressure, the car will be easier to drive when driving on a dry road, but again it all depends on the situations. On the road, there are different and risky situations that require the fastest decision-making and driver actions. So, when the wheels are heavily inflated, then with sharp maneuvers, the car may skid (especially in rainy weather) and, accordingly, practically loss of control over the car.
With reduced tire pressure, depending on which wheels are driving, the ability of the car to turn depends. For example, a car is rear-wheel drive and the front wheels have low tire pressure, it will accordingly be more difficult to turn than with normally inflated tires.
By the way, in front-wheel drive cars, the pressure in the tires of the front wheels must be normal, or otherwise the low pressure can cause the car to skid in emergency situations. From the above about the influence of tire pressure on handling, we can conclude that it undoubtedly affects, but it all depends on the pressure (low or high), the situation and the style of car operation. In any case, the most optimal option would be this average, i.e. Normal pressure.
Influence of tire pressure on suspension elements
In this case, the tire pressure seriously affects the life of the suspension elements. It is known that the purpose of a tire is partly to absorb minor vibrations caused by unevenness in the road surface. Accordingly, in the case when the wheels are heavily pumped, then this is the same as the wheels made of wood, and therefore, when driving through irregularities, the tires should not perform their function of partial absorption of vibrations, but will transfer them to the suspension elements. Therefore, we can conclude that in this case, in addition to accelerated wear of tires, wear of the vehicle’s suspension elements, such as shock absorbers, etc.
Accordingly, why should the increased tire pressure reduce the service life of SEPARATE vehicle elements? Reduced pressure may even have a beneficial effect on the suspension elements, but it is not worth reducing the cost for the above reasons, and it will also worsen the stability of the car.
Which protector to choose?
The choice of a tire tread depends on the requirements for a bicycle. driving in urban conditions on Smooth asphalt or in the suburbs on dirt roads, tourist trips over long distances or overcoming difficult terrain.
- Slick. on such tires, the tread pattern is so weak that it is almost invisible. It is the fastest and quietest tire, providing long-term roll inertia, perfect for riding on flat surfaces. However, they have a negative trait. when driving onto a slippery or dirty area, and especially when braking on it, they can behave inappropriately.
- Semi-slick. The most popular option for driving in cities and light off-road. There are bicycle types. with a pronounced central track, smooth or slightly smoothed protruding, and lugs along the edges that come into play when cornering or on uneven or dirty surfaces. Automotive-type semi-slickers are distinguished by a fairly uniform shallow tread pattern, similar to all-season car tires.
- “Moderately evil” tread structure. low lugs are placed quite tightly, especially in the center of the treadmill. Such rubber is mainly used on unpaved roads, although it behaves quite well on asphalt, although high speeds can no longer be achieved with it.
- “Evil” rubber. powerful lugs made of compound are placed over the entire tread surface. Designed for dirt and off-road conditions, on the asphalt they are not used at all. heavy, noisy, require significant efforts of the cyclist, wear out quickly.
- Winter bicycle tires. for those who can NOT imagine life without a bicycle, even when the roads are covered with snow and ice. By the way, it can also be subdivided into urban, tourist, extreme or sports. it all depends on the tread pattern, the number and shape of metal studs.
There is another type of bicycle tire. the so-called “tube”, which combines a tube and tires. As a rule, they are used only on sports bicycles, since under normal road conditions they do NOT justify themselves in terms of performance.
Several unusual types of winter extreme are described in the material at this address. Drytooling, snowkayaking, naturban. Want to know what it is?
A Few Tips for Using Bicycle Tires
It is not enough to choose the right tires for the size and nature of the tread. you need to be able to use them correctly.
The pressure in the tires of the bicycle must correspond to the Nominal air pressure in the chamber indicated in the marking, measured in Special units, pounds per inch. PSI. The value, for our perception, is obscure, but it is easy to translate it into the “atmospheres” familiar to us, dividing by about 14.
Pumping the tire leads to a deterioration in grip with the road surface, a harder ride, and it is possible that the integrity of the tube is violated. Insufficient pressure will take away the strength from the cyclist, leading to rapid wear and damage to the tire.
A bicycle wheel needs puncture protection. To do this, even at the stage of purchase, you can opt for tires with reinforced side covering, designed specifically for THESE purposes, and with the maximum, if possible, index of the density of the cord weave. It is possible (and necessary) to lay an additional anti-puncture tape between the camera and the tire. Any cyclist should always have a tire repair kit with him.
A fairly common mistake made by beginners is incorrect wheel alignment. Be sure to pay attention to the Possible inscriptions “REAR” or “FRONT”, which means rear and front wheel. The direction of rotation of the wheel is also very important. it is indicated on the tires by an arrow.
Correctly selected bicycle tires are the basis for a comfortable and safe ride with minimal effort. You can never approach this issue frivolously, acquiring them without taking into account all the nuances, focusing only on cost.
Frequently asked questions about hoverboards
The optimal level of atmosphere in bicycle tires is determined independently and depends on the riding style, characteristics of the road and professional training.
- High tire pressure increases roll, speed and saves rider energy.
Pressure exceeding the recommended standards is fraught with a puncture of the bicycle tube on the inner surface of the rim ring.
As a result, the chambers are filled with enough air to ensure traction, but do not damage the bike. To determine the acceptable boundaries, there are standard parameters for all types of cameras.
Here are some tables that will help you navigate in difficult situations, namely:
- An unknown tire without markings was purchased;
- Comments on physical access to the bike;
- The marking is incomprehensible, the numbers are marked in unknown units.
What pressure should be in bicycle tires
As a rule, the maximum allowable pressure values are indicated on the side of the tires. For example, min 2.4 Bar (32 PSI). max 4.1 Bar (56 PSI). These numbers mean that the tire pressure must be at least 2.4 atmospheres and NOT more than 4.1 atmospheres. The difference between the minimum and maximum value is almost two atmospheres, and how to choose the right one, in this case, the pressure?
This breakdown depends on the road on which you will be driving:
- When driving on an asphalt road, the tire pressure should approach the maximum value indicated on it;
- When driving on a dirt road, the pressure should be kept slightly above the minimum value or average.
This is explained by the fact that when riding on asphalt in poorly inflated tires, friction increases, and the cyclist’s speed is lost. When driving on a dirt road, contact should be maximized and therefore the tire pressure should be slightly above the minimum value. In addition, a slight pressure softens driving on bumps and off-road.
Road bike tire pressures. Table.
The pressure should be close to the maximum value written on the tires. Download to max values, but it is worth noting that it is better to leave a small margin of 0.2-0.4 atmospheres. Under no circumstances exceed the maximum allowable value, tires will simply burst.
In fact, the optimal tire pressure of a bicycle is a purely individual parameter, for each biker varies within certain limits for himself: for his riding style, for the planned track and the current level of training. The limits are set by technological constraints, which we will consider further.
Here are the main factors to consider when choosing an inflation level:
- High pressure gives “rolling”. rolling speed, to save the cyclist’s strength;
- Excessively high, in turn, can provoke a breakdown of the chamber against the rim from the inside;
- Similarly, low pressure leads to “snake bites”, when the rim on an obstacle or bump punches the chamber at two points at once and reaches the tire;
- Low pressure prevents damage to mechanisms on numerous bumps;
- At low pressure better “grip” and easier to move on rough terrain.
Taking into account all the pros and cons, a single recommendation can be drawn: the wheels must be inflated enough to provide good traction and do not damage the camera. For this, there are standards for what pressure is considered acceptable. We will consider them further.
Tire types and road features
Bicycle tires with smooth treads are used exclusively for riding on asphalt tracks.
The atmospheric indicator in bicycle tires should be at the maximum limit: the more atmospheres, the higher the roll.
Multifunctional semi-slick models are suitable for driving on asphalt and soil. Bicycle tires also require good inflation for optimal roll on asphalt and traction on unpaved tracks.
Cross-country wheels with teeth are designed for riding on unpaved soil. The higher the tire pressure, the more traction.
The ratio of the weight category and the pressure inside the chamber should be calculated independently by the method of checks, but there is a standard table that determines the optimal value:
Mountain Bike Tire
Not so long ago, such a story happened in my life. Seeing that I was pumping up the wheels of a bicycle, a boy of 10-12 years old drove up to me and asked me to swing the wheels on his bike. As a person who cannot refuse in such a simple matter, I connected the pump to his rear wheel. But before we had time to do even 20 pitching, we saw with horror how cracks went along the tires and it burst, and could not withstand the internal pressure of the chamber.
As it turned out, this topic is quite extensive and correctly inflated wheels will give the bike better handling and cross-country ability.
Bicycle tire pressure
Before going on a ride, you need to check the pressure in the bicycle tires. Dedovsk method. checking the degree of elasticity of the chamber by touch, but the strength in the hands of everyone is different, therefore, the methods are not optimal, and to accurately determine the pressure, you should turn to more modern diagnostic methods.
To determine the optimal value, you must:
- Determine atmospheric and psi pressure;
- Find out the difference between winter and summer pumping;
- Drown the difference in atmospheric pressures of different models;
- Correlate the value of internal pressure with the weight category of riders.
Differences by type of rubber coating
Bicycle tires are defined as slick, semi-slick, cross-country and downhill. They differ in the presence and height of the tread.
Slick and half slick are designed for the ultimate level of contact with the surface without resistance, they can be used with reduced atmospheres in cycling chambers in hot weather
XC 2.3 inches pumped up to 4 BAR, the lower pressure level makes pedaling difficult and therefore not recommended by manufacturers.
Downhills and other tricky treads are inflated to mid-range, allowing for normal traction and balancers on every descent and trick.