How calories are burned when cycling
When cycling, the heart rate increases, which provokes an acceleration in metabolism and energy expenditure. The cells are saturated with oxygen, which oxidizes lipids. Fats break down with the simultaneous release of energy, which is spent on driving. When a gram of lipids are broken down, about 9 kcal is burned.
How many calories cycling burns will be determined by the following factors:
- Pulse. The higher the heart rate, the more energy is expended.
- Depth and breathing rate. If you breathe deeply and often, then the muscles are better saturated with oxygen, and fats are broken down faster.
- Individual characteristics of the cyclist. Burning calories on a bike also depends on the athlete’s weight, height, age, level of physical fitness.
- Riding duration and intensity.
- Cyclist weight. Those who are overweight use up energy faster while driving.
How many calories are spent while cycling
Depending on the complex of the above factors, you can spend from 250 to 800 kcal per hour of driving. Energy costs will differ on a case-by-case basis. The more intense the ride, the more calories it will burn. If you take an athlete weighing 70 kg as an example, we get the following data for him:
- A leisurely walk. When driving at low speed, no more than 6 km / h, an athlete with such a mass will spend about 220-250 kilocalories.
- With a light load at a speed of 10-15 km / h, about 270-350 kcal can be spent. Thus, having traveled 10 km on a bicycle in an hour, you can burn an average of 300 kcal.
- Average load at a speed of 15-20 km / h allows you to get rid of 360-400 kcal in 60 minutes.
- Intense load, the speed at which will be about 25 km / h, will make you spend 450-500 kcal.
- If the driving conditions are close to racing (speed over 35 kcal / hour), then 600-700 kcal can be spent in an hour.
- And as for those who ride a BMX or mountain bike, about 420 kcal is spent in an area with ordinary terrain. If the conditions are equal to mountain-bike competitions, when the terrain is quite difficult, and, in fact, there is not even an opportunity to take a breath, a lot of energy is spent, more than 800 kcal per hour.
Accordingly, if your weight is more, then the calorie consumption while cycling will be more, or less if you weigh less, respectively.
All About Burning Calories While Cycling
Lack of movement is a problem for many modern people. It provokes all sorts of health problems, as well as excess weight, which will take a lot of time to fight. But you can prevent unpleasant consequences if you regularly devote at least a little time to physical activity. A bicycle can be a great way to help you combine business with pleasure. Many people wonder how many calories are burned when cycling. This figure will be individual in each case and will be determined by a number of factors; nevertheless, energy costs will be significant in any case.
Cycling speed and other factors
As we have already understood, the number of calories that are burned when cycling depends on the speed of the ride. This speed, in turn, is influenced by the following factors:
- The presence of weights on the bike.
- Changing the driving mode.
- Workout intensity.
- Road condition, presence of slopes.
It is believed that interval training is the best calorie burner. That is, you need to periodically combine fast and measured driving. The optimal combination is 1: 3. That is, if we move at a fast pace for a minute, then three after. at a measured pace. This method perfectly helps to improve metabolic processes, thereby increasing energy consumption. However, it is worth using the interval method only if you already have a certain level of training. Until then, practice at the same pace.
Much also depends on the terrain for driving. The optimal one is one where there are different forms of relief. If you regularly drive on the monotonous road on the highway, the body can get used to such loads and spend not as much energy as you want. But descents and ascents are an ideal condition for increasing energy consumption. If you prefer to drive on a road with a flat surface without problem areas, you should do your workouts long enough.
Periodically, it is recommended to change your position during riding so that the muscles do not get used to the stress, and more calories are burned. In addition, this allows you to rest your arms and back, and this will prevent overloading.
You can also practice cycling with friends. This will make the ride more interesting, moreover, there will be more excitement, which can also have a positive effect on the number of calories burned.
Calorie Burn Calculation When Cycling
The calculation of calories burned while cycling, as we said, depends on the weight of the cyclist and on the riding speed. Take a cyclist with a very light body weight. 45 kg. If he is slowly cycling at a speed of 6 km / h, he will spend (in the same 60 minutes) about 270 kcal. If the speed is increased to 8 km / h, then 360 kcal will be burned. And if you accelerate to 10 km. about 450 kcal.
With an average load at a speed of 12 km / h, about 540 kcal is burned, and at higher speeds. 720 kcal. Thus, if you drive for half an hour, divide the above figures by two.
An increase in body weight for every 10 increases energy costs: with a leisurely walk, about 60 kcal is added, with a light ride. 80 kcal, with an average workout. about 100 kcal.
Experts believe that the following conditions are needed to burn calories as efficiently as possible:
- The duration of the workout should be at least half an hour. Better to ride for 1-2 hours.
- The load when riding a simple city bike is significantly less than in the case of a professional sports bike, so the latter allows you to burn more calories in the same time.
- In terms of bike weight, lighter models are preferred.
How many calories does cycling burn: other factors
- It is important that the riding technique is correct. The amount of energy expended depends on proper seating and pedaling technique. The landing should be close to professional: the body should be located almost parallel to the ground. In addition, the number of pedal movements must be increased periodically.
- The number of calories burned over a certain time will depend on the diameter of the bicycle wheels.
- Cardio stress, which includes cycling, provokes an increase in heart rate. It is necessary to raise them to a mode in which the body works as efficiently as possible. 75-85% of the maximum heart rate. To calculate the latter, you need to subtract your age from the number 220. That is, at the age of 30, it will be 190. Based on this number, we consider the most correct pulse and try to maintain it during training. Active fat burning occurs when the body continuously, for no less than seven minutes, works at its maximum efficiency.
- It is important to follow the drinking regime. Keep the water in your mouth first, then take small, slow sips. This stimulates the processes of fat burning, the water from which is absorbed by the body better.
- To burn calories more effectively and lose weight through cycling, pay attention to what you eat, otherwise your efforts will be wasted. Try to give up sweet, fatty, fried, fast food. Fall in love with proteins, slow carbs, fiber-rich fruits and vegetables. It is also important to give up bad habits, having which, you will train less efficiently, respectively, burning fewer calories, but significantly harming the heart.
Thus, cycling is a great way to effectively and enjoyably burn excess calories, improve metabolism, get rid of fat and strengthen muscles. over, calories are burned not only during an active workout, but also for a certain time after it. It has a beneficial effect on the process of losing weight and what you do not in a stuffy room, but in the fresh air. Riding a bike regularly, under the right conditions, won’t leave any excess calories at all.
The benefits and harms of exercise
The benefits of exercise bike:
- Tones the muscles, improves posture, strengthens the core.
- Accelerates fat burning, improves muscle definition.
- Significantly increases stamina.
- Simultaneous study of the rectus and oblique abdominal muscles.
- Visual narrowing of the waist.
The only downside is how many calories the exercise bike burns. Due to the complexity of the execution, the movement can only be done for short sessions, therefore, in the loss of calories, it loses to running, cycling and other types of cardio (while it is ideal for the HIIT technique).
How to make a bicycle while standing
Exercising a bicycle while standing is not the most popular option. But it can be shown to beginners to strengthen the muscle corset and gradually transition to more complex versions.
- Stand with your back straight, feet shoulder-width apart. Hands are brought together at the back of the head, elbows to the side.
- Start lifting your right leg (bending at the knee) as high as possible. Close to the peak point, tilt the body so that the left elbow is as close to the knee as possible.
- Return your foot to the floor and repeat the movement to the other side.
It is important that your back remains straight when you try to bring your elbow to the knee. It will strengthen the work of the oblique muscles of the abdomen and increase productivity.
Features of the exercise
It is important to keep in mind that the abdominal exercise is an aerobic movement. Therefore, its implementation will not affect the work of glycolytic muscle fibers in any way. This allows it to be performed both separately, as an aerobic session, and in strength training.
How to add bike exercise to your workouts
You can perform the bike as an independent element. do three to five approaches 15-20 times a day. However, for the best effect, it is worth combining it with other exercises.
Although the bicycle is classified as a technically easy exercise, it must be performed correctly, taking into account several important nuances:
- First you need to take the starting position lying on your back. The lower back must be firmly pressed to the floor. You cannot tear it off throughout the exercise.
- Hands should be brought behind the head in the lock.
- Bend your legs at the knees and raise so that the lower legs become parallel to the floor.
- Shoulders and upper back should be lifted slightly off the floor.
- After that, you can start alternating movements with your legs and body. first you need to reach your right knee with your left elbow. Then straighten your right leg and reach with your right elbow to your left knee.
The bike can be done for 20-30 repetitions in 3-4 sets. In addition, you can perform this exercise continuously for 40-60 seconds. Time can be gradually increased.
Comparison: Highest Calorie-Burning Exercises
As the abdominal muscles strengthen, when it becomes easy to do a given number of repetitions, you can take weights. It can be weights for the legs, a fitball that must be held between the legs, or a weighted ball in the hands.
Girls need to be very careful when using weights. Overgrowth of oblique muscles causes widening of the waist and loss of feminine proportions.
Within reasonable limits, the press can and should be pumped. It will only benefit both men and girls.
It is worth doing the bike 2-3 times a week along with other exercises for the abdominal muscles. You can swing the press both as a separate workout and at the end of the lesson for other muscle groups.
What muscles work in exercise bike
A lying bike exercise refers to a complex movement, with an emphasis on the abs and lower body. The movement involves most of the muscle groups, although they are usually divided into main (directly involved) and secondary (help to stabilize the body or work partially).
The main burden falls on:
- Press. straight, external and internal oblique, transverse.
- Back. spine straighteners, semi-spinal, deep muscle group.
- Pelvis. straight femoral, ilio-lumbar, comb, tailor.
- Legs. hamstrings, glutes.
Although the movement is done to develop the abs, it is important to understand which muscles are working in a bicycle exercise. This will allow you to correctly distribute the load and better think about recovery.
- Quadriceps femoris.
- Big round.
Which muscles the bike pumps directly depends on the execution technique. Some of the auxiliary groups are included only in cases when the exercise is performed with the separation of the pelvis from the floor (hands support the lower back).
Despite the simple technique, athletes often make a number of mistakes. They not only reduce the efficiency of movement, but can also adversely affect the condition of the spine.
- Raising the head. if the hands are not behind the back of the head (as in the usual version), it is correct to do the movement with the head firmly pressed to the floor. This will ensure a natural position of the spine and avoid injuries in the cervical spine.
- Pulling the head with your hands. in the options when the hands are brought together at the back of the head, it is necessary to completely relax them. Athletes often use their arms to pull the trunk, trying to bring their head closer to their legs. This not only reduces the benefits of all the work, but is guaranteed to lead to problems in the cervical spine.
- Lack of concentration and tension. a large number of muscles work in movement. If you do not focus on the abdomen while maintaining tension, the load will be distributed to other areas.
- Fidgety body. the back should fit snugly against the floor. Destabilized body significantly reduces efficiency and relieves press stress.
Before the beginning
Before starting the exercise Bicycle on your back, you must remember the following recommendations:
- It is necessary to train on a firm surface. Classes that are held on a soft mattress or sofa will not bring a tangible effect.
- It is recommended to rest for about thirty seconds between sets. Pauses are necessary in order to release tension from the muscles, to allow them to relax.
- It is important to feel the tension of the abdominal muscles during the movement of the legs.
- Unpleasant sensations in the neck area indicate a violation of the execution technique. The head must be freely positioned on the hands.
- Legs should not be lowered to the floor, as this reduces the load on the abdominal muscles. Exercise The bike should be performed smoothly and steadily. There should be no tension in the upper torso.
- The speed of the movement should be increased over time. The faster a person moves, the more intense the burning of calories becomes.
- The load on the lower back and the ease of performing the technique depend on the position of the legs. If they are raised high, this reduces the effectiveness of the exercise. Such indulgences are permissible only for beginners. When strengthening the lumbar muscles, it is recommended to begin to reduce the angle of inclination of the legs relative to the floor.
How many calories does bike and exercise bike burn
Cycling or exercise bike is very often chosen as the main way of spending calories while losing excess weight. The attention of ordinary people to these physical activities is associated with the unique indicators that characterize cycling. In addition to the benefits in the form of losing excess weight and keeping the whole body in good shape, a person experiences positive emotions while cycling.
Cycling and exercise bikes as a way to burn calories
Cycling loads are considered one of the most effective and accessible to humans. On the one hand, cycling in the fresh air is a pleasant pastime, on the other hand, these are real actions aimed at significantly improving the state of the body, spending extra calories and losing excess weight. Exercising on a bicycle or stationary bike helps not only to normalize weight, but also to strengthen the heart, work out muscles and activate the work of joints.
FACT! Scientists cite weight loss as a side effect of cycling that was so pronounced that it made this type of exercise extremely popular.
Experts identify several factors that have a direct impact on the number of calories spent during exercise:
- Pulse. The higher the heart rate, the more intensively the body works and, therefore, the more calories it expends. That is why not all physical exercises are effective for real weight loss, but only those that cause an increase in heart rate.
- Breath. During intense exercise, the muscles are saturated with oxygen, which provokes energy consumption through the breakdown of fats. which is why an increase in breathing rate is evidence of a correct and effective exercise.
- The level of fitness and characteristics of the body. Of course, for an athletic person, it doesn’t take a lot of fuel to burn calories, whereas people without experience need to be more energized. In addition, other characteristics of the body (such as weight) also affect the level of energy loss.
- Features of the training. Experts recommend choosing the intensity and duration of cycling in such a way as to create the maximum effect on calorie expenditure.
How many calories are burned on a bike?
For a person who is ignorant of the intricacies of calorie counting, it is difficult to understand the need to account for each calorie consumed and spent. But for a person who is losing weight or just watching their shape, it is extremely important to know exactly how many calories were spent as a result of a particular activity. Of course, it is extremely difficult to calculate this indicator with absolute accuracy, which is why all tables contain average and often differing values.
Calorie consumption during cycling or exercise bike depends not only on the intensity of riding, but also on the weight of the person. The average figures for a 50kg cyclist are as follows:
- At a slow speed (about 9-15 km / h) 150-230 calories are consumed.
- At an average speed (15-19 km / h), about 240-350 calories are spent.
- Active driving at speeds up to 25 km / h allows you to spend about 500 calories.
- Sports riding (at least 35 km / h) consumes the maximum number of calories. up to 700.
FACT! The lower a person is, the more energy he spends on a bicycle. Therefore, tall people are advised to pedal more often to achieve the desired result.
The higher the weight of the cyclist, the higher the calorie consumption: on average, you can add 150-200 calories per hour. In addition, the amount of calories burned is influenced by the intensity of the workout, the change in speed (the so-called interval riding), and the presence or absence of weights on the exercise bike. If a bike is chosen for training, and not a simulator, then the condition of the track, its complexity, road surface, as well as the slope of the road should be taken into account.
The Right Approach to Expending Energy on an Exercise Bike
To ride a bike or exercise on a stationary bike to be as effective and efficient as possible, you should adhere to the recommendations of specialists regarding the timing, duration and quality of the classes:
- A beginner should start skating with short lessons, no more than 20 minutes at an easy to medium pace.
- The effectiveness of the exercises will be noticeable when at least 3-4 full-fledged workouts are carried out per week.
- To lose weight, you will need a daily hourly load at an average and active pace of driving.
- Interval skating is the best option for effective loads. They should be carried out according to the following scheme: 30-60 seconds in an active rhythm, then 1-2 minutes in a calm one, and repeat in a circle.
Exercising on a bicycle and an exercise bike, including a mini exercise bike, is considered one of the most effective cardio workouts aimed at spending calories. In addition to the positive effect in the form of maintaining the tone of the body and losing excess weight, such activities improve mood and well-being.
How many calories can you burn when cycling
In order to calculate the consumption using an online calculator or a mobile application, you will need to enter your weight, training time and speed and driving conditions in the appropriate fields. Further, the system, based on the specified parameters, will show you the approximate number of calories that you can burn.
For example, if your weight is 70 kg, then for 1 hour of training the calculator will show you about 630 kilocalories, but in fact, the actual result can vary between 500-2000 kilocalories. Such a run in numbers is due to the riding style and the severity of the load.
You can also increase energy expenditure for faster weight loss while cycling by:
Basic conditions for efficient calorie expenditure
To achieve maximum results in losing weight with the help of cycling and at the same time not to harm yourself, it is important to follow a few simple rules:
If you do not yet feel confident in the saddle or have poor physical fitness, then it is worth starting classes with measured trips for 20-30 minutes 2-3 times a week. Calories will be burned a little, but the body will begin to get used to stress. Add 10 minutes to your ride time every week. So, without harm to muscles, joints, heart and lungs, you will approach the optimal time.
You need to ride a bike for at least 1 hour, and preferably 1.5-2 hours. The thing is that fat cells begin to break down only 30 minutes after the start of training. At the same time, classes lasting more than 2 hours already lead to muscle destruction.
It is necessary to monitor the heart rate, it will tell you whether you are giving yourself enough exercise and whether you are not exercising to the detriment. The optimal indicator is 120-150 beats per minute. If your heart rate is below 120, you are not burning fat. If the frequency exceeds 150 beats, you risk harming the heart. You can measure your heart rate 2-3 times during a workout, stopping and counting, or throughout the trip. with a heart rate monitor.
For those who want to lose weight, it is better to eat nothing for 1-2 hours before and after training. Taking a break from eating before exercise makes it easier to transfer the load, and after exercise gives the body additional time to burn fat already at rest. To improve the efficiency of calorie consumption, it is worth stopping eating fatty, sweet and fried, as well as quitting alcoholic beverages and smoking.
Cycling Energy Calculator
Cycling will help you lose weight, provided that the amount of energy expended exceeds the amount received from food. only in this case it will be possible to reduce body fat.
First, you need to calculate how many calories you consume during the day and how many calories you burn when cycling. For such calculations, there are special online calculators, one of which is presented above, and mobile applications, but besides this, you need to take into account some more nuances, which we will consider in this article.
Which riding style contributes more to calorie expenditure?
For active weight loss on a bike, you can pedal for 2 hours, or you can use an interval training method. It allows you to burn the maximum amount of calories in the least amount of time. This type of activity is possible only for those cyclists who already have good physical training and are able to pedal intensively for 1.5-2 hours.
Interval cycling takes only 30 minutes. At this time, you should alternate a calm ride for 2 minutes and active pedaling for 30 seconds. Then these intervals are repeated.
Thus, regular cycling can be a valuable aid in burning excess weight, as well as help to stay in good physical shape.
Some figures on burning calories when cycling
In order to use existing online calculators, you need to acquire an electronic scale and know the exact weight of your body in those clothes and shoes and with the load in your backpack with which you are going.
On average, cycling from a leisurely walking to a forced race on rough terrain is lost from 200 kcal to 1000 kcal per hour (based on 70 kg of weight).
Therefore, the average value with a little forced breathing and a pace above average, with a reduced time for rest, ranges from 500-600 kcal / hour.
A little about the physiology of fat burning
Your training will be successful only when you put into practice the following information. We set out it very briefly and accurately:
- The goal of training is to reduce fat stores in adipose tissue.
- During the first 30-50 minutes, do not expect any effect, since the body throws into battle the energy obtained from a faster-working battery. the supply of animal starch glycogen in the liver burns out.
- Only after 50-60 minutes does fat begin to slowly and reluctantly break down. But fat is very energy intensive. Each gram of fat provides 9 kilocalories of heat.
Calculation example: your weight is 120 kg with a height of 192 cm and an age of 40. This means that the ideal weight is 90 kg, and the excess is 30 kg, or 30,000 grams. That is, you need to burn 30,000 x 9 = 270 thousand kilocalories of heat.
Considering that a moderate trip at a walking pace consumes 270 kcal for a weight of 70 kg and about 350 kcal for a weight of 120 kg per hour, then a two-hour walk consumes 700 kcal. There should be such walks (270,000/700 = 385) So, 385 two-hour leisurely walks will allow you to lose 30 kg of weight.
Of course, if you ride a bike around the clock without sleep, food and stops, then this amount of fat will burn out in 30 days.
This will happen provided that you start to eat in moderation, and fat deposits will no longer occur, and the energy value of the daily diet will go to zero. After such trips, you need not to pounce on high-calorie foods, but be content with vegetables, fruits, gray cereals and herbs.
Another option for using the same amount of energy: 96 days of cycling with 8 hours of mileage during the day.
To emphasize the scale of this amount of energy, remember the physical meaning of a calorie: 1 calorie raises the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 degree Celsius in 1 second. And one kilocalorie is 1 kilogram of water.
With this amount of energy, 3000 liters of melted ice can be turned into boiling water. This amount of water will be placed in a cube with a side size of about 1.5 meters.
How many calories a cyclist spends while riding
It is difficult to think of a more useful means than a bicycle, not only for walking and moving around, but also as a means of putting in order of health. Improves the cardiovascular system, musculoskeletal, vestibular apparatus and even the organs of vision.
Also, cycling is indispensable if you want to lose weight. But not everything is so simple: not every trip leads to intense calorie burning. This requires that a number of conditions be met. How many calories are burned when cycling, how to ride a bike in order to lose weight as much as possible, and this article tells.
Of course, wellness bike rides are so exciting! There are many health benefits of cycling. Here are just the most important ones:
- A bicycle, increasing the body weight of an adult man by only 20%, is able to simultaneously increase its speed of movement without much expenditure of energy by half (from 6 to 12 km / h), and with an intense load. by 3-4 times. In this ratio, the bike could not be surpassed by any vehicle.
- A bicycle is an absolutely environmentally friendly vehicle.
- The bike is completely silent. This is important on country trips.
- The bike is unpretentious in maintenance, and on the way it is fully repairable.
- When cycling, especially on rough terrain, adrenaline production and driving pleasure are far superior to running.
- With the help of a bicycle, you can discover new trails, lay new routes and maps, always feel like a pioneer, and for people who love solitude and silence, the bike allows you to be alone with nature.
Compare the freedom of cycling with a crowded fitness room or a rocking chair, when at any time you need to not miss the vacant trainer:
But the bicycle in the late 20th and early 21st century has become almost perfect, so its shortcomings are a continuation of its merits. It is precisely because of the efficiency of the bicycle in relation to pedestrian movement that the calorie consumption is not as high as we would like.
How many calories does a bike burn? So, for example, if we take the distance as a basis, a pedestrian can walk 5-6 km in an hour, and a cyclist will travel a similar segment of the road on a flat road in 25-30 minutes and consume much less calories. If we take time as a basis, then in an hour’s ride, a cyclist can spend more calories than a pedestrian, and maybe less, because the road can sometimes go downhill. Even if the road is absolutely flat, the cyclist is sitting and the pedestrian is walking. But every cloud has a silver lining. Burning calories on a bike is long-lasting. Starts off slowly but continues several hours after the walk ends.
What are the conditions for ideal cycling calorie burn??
I want to say: nothing contributes to weight loss with the use of a bicycle as multi-day group cycling trips with a movement mode of 60. 90 km / day. There is mutual assistance, common goals and interests. Join the cyclists and be healthy!
About online calculators
First you need to find out how much energy you should receive per day: http://www.calc.ru/kalkulyator-kalorii.html
Good online calculators can be found here:
- http://www.mcvita.ru/know/biking-calk.php (speed dependent)
- http://beregifiguru.ru/ (from mass, time)
Комментарии и мнения владельцев (1)
Interesting article. I was especially pleased about 1 kilocalorie and 3000 liters of boiling water 🙂 So, I will add on the number of calories burned from myself. The tread is of great importance. Want to burn even more fat. put the rubber like an SUV. Already at a speed of 20 km / h, you will hum no worse than a motorcycle, and at 30 km / h, everyone around you will simply look around and see what was buzzing there. You will accelerate to 40 km / h, feel like a helicopter. From personal experience, I know that in the first hour of intensive riding on a mountain bike with a developed tread, about 1000 kilocalories are burned. Then it goes into decline, because depletion of the body makes itself felt and you simply cannot keep high speed.
Some kind of incomprehensible gag about the protector. How Tread Pattern and Noise Can Affect Calorie Burn Rate?
Tires with treads have a larger contact area with the asphalt, which means it is more difficult to ride than on summer slip tires, I have a fat bike and on the road with treads on tires I am buzzing like a bee, not having typed even 15 km / h, you need a drish bike pick up the speed, and about the noise, if you don’t believe it, try it yourself;)
About the ratio of energy consumption and applied efforts, the thought is correct, but here it is such a thing that the width of the tire has absolutely nothing to do with it, or rather, it has nothing to do with it, but in the opposite direction. Studies show that just wider rubber has lower rolling resistance (I’m talking about road bikes), I mean that the intuition does not always work in our favor, it seems thinner and the contact is less, but here it is. Regarding the noise, I can only say that buy high-quality tires and you will not have noise, I have tested it myself.
Sorry, but this is nonsense, tires greatly affect weight and speed, as well as the type of suspension, disc diameter, frame weight, etc. You are one of those hike who will give any money for noodles on the ears
About the gag. On a motorcycle, when changing rubber to checkers, fuel consumption increases.
Yes, yes, you are right, I bought myself a vet bike (a bike with huge tires, the front wheel is 5.0 “and the rear wheel is 4.7” wide). Zhuuuuu is like a bee, I exhale to the maximum in 1-2-3 hours, my legs tremble for 3 hours. She could ride on an old obysny bike for days. and here. Well, the result is different, for a month on the usual 5 kg per month, and on feta I dropped 10 kg per month, with the same lifestyle.
I also have a fet bike. And I totally agree with you!
Very simple. it is more difficult to ride on tractor tires. Tested on our own experience. Replaced the drain on the mop (in the center with almost no pattern, only on the edges of the tractor protector). with the same labor costs, the speed increased significantly.
Ilya speaks 100% of the truth, he himself checked it in practice, without reading anything like it. What is being watched. also true, many even say on the trail, a racer, an athlete))) although I have 110kg of weight and 25kg of excess fat! The intensity of the classes is also true. I drive my mountain with tractor tires at an average speed of 23 km / h in 3 hours and with my weight I can burn 3300 kcal, driving 70 km on rough terrain. Especially there was a joke when LADA overtook me, and then I pushed and at a speed of 47 km / h I overtook her in the opposite lane))) I was helped by 2 speed bumps after 300. But from the open window I heard a conversation: you can. ” Smiled for a long time
“I have 110kg of weight and 25kg of excess fat! I drive my mountain with tractor tires at an average speed of 23 km / h in 3 hours and with my weight I can burn 3300 kcal, driving 70 km on rough terrain.” tossing not tossing bags
Cool peppers;) I can’t even imagine a 110kg cyclist riding at a speed of 47km / h
Correction: 1 gram of human fat has 7.716 kcal, not 9 kcal. It is in food in the ratio of BJU fat has 9 kcal. Google if in doubt
I’m afraid you are wrong too. The fact is that in the body fat is stored in the form of adipose tissue, which, in addition to fat itself, includes many things, including water, which is twice as much as fat. Thus, in order to lose 1 kg of weight, it is necessary to create a calorie deficit in the body in the amount of 10,000/3 = about 3,000 kcal. This is 5-6 hours of medium-intensity classes. Taking into account your remarks, all numbers can be safely reduced by 20 percent. All the best and not get fat!
Hey! I just started cycling. Help to figure out the number of calories burned. I ride for 2.5 hours every day, the average speed is 13-16 km / h; distance 32.34 km, weight 93, height 170, 37 years old. I installed the runtastic application on my iPhone, the phone is in my purse over my shoulder. The application gives me: 3200 calories per walk, I was shocked, they began to check on the Internet, different numbers on different sites. On some Russian sites, the numbers are about 1000 kcal, on others 300,400 kcal, but on all British and American sites, the loss of calories with my data is 300-450 kcal per hour. Help me to understand! If you have a bike calculator. send me your numbers for comparison! Thank you.
How not to lose a lot of calla lilies. cycling?
How Many Calories Do You Burn When Cycling?
For fun, I decided to use the calorie calculator indicated in the article. I will say right away that I did not expect to be particularly accurate, but I also did not expect that the calculator could lie so much. Checked according to the following data: weight 90 kg; speed 16 km / h time hour. the first produces 1440 kcal. the second gives 360-540 kcal The second is at least a little like the truth. The first one, with its 1440 calories, simply killed. I don’t consider myself an athlete, so I ride at a walking pace of about 16-18 km / h with a small load on my back of 4-5 kg. I rummaged through a bunch of sites and eventually came up with a formula for myself 5 ride time (without rest and downtime, more than a minute. In other words, from the time of a bike ride in 1 hour I take 10-15 minutes for stops at traffic lights)
Do not set unrealistic goals in the form of 3 hours of daily driving, ride with pleasure! Even 30-50 minutes is quite a lot and definitely better than just sitting at the phone / computer / TV)). And one more thing: never lose weight (by 1-2 or 10 kg) if you eat more than you spent)). Eat in moderation and ride for fun.
L carnetine 1.5 hours of cycling will dramatically increase fat burning
In the article, the data on the physiology of fat burning are 25 years old. Science does not stand still, for 2015, briefly, the process looks like this: With any load, energy is spent directly in the working muscle. muscle glycogen and muscle fat AT THE SAME TIME! With intense loads. more glycogen, with light loads, more fat (muscle). And only then, during rest, the muscles need to restore the spent energy, and here the body will already look for source of energy, it can be food, but we need to get rid of subcutaneous fat. But subcutaneous fat is an INDIRECT RESERVE of the body, and it will not participate in any way in the restoration of energy, the body will begin to process muscles into energy. Muscles, this is the most energy-consuming part of the body, the body, from the point of view of survival and energy conservation, muscles are not needed. Less muscle. less energy is consumed. And here it is necessary to give a signal that muscles are very, very much needed by the body, too, and to force the body to replenish energy reserves and their emergency supply. subcutaneous fat. And this signal is easy to give. an intense physical muscle load is needed. Of course, one should not forget about the negative calorie content in the diet. Muscle catabolism of course will still be, but will be minimized. Because of this, many, after starving diets, return their weight back in full: they starved. killed muscle, not a lot of fat. rejoice at the weight loss. returned to the previous calorie content. but the muscles that used to spend this energy are no longer there, and it (excess energy) with pleasure begins to accumulate until hungry times (drought, the year is not fruitful, mammoths migrated), which will not come, because in one oatmeal liver 150 kcal (2 cookies = an hour on a bike). We conclude to burn fat effectively. we find horizontal bars in the city (park) we go to them for an hour on a bike, then pull-ups, push-ups, abs, everything is as expected, several approaches with repetitions to failure, and we roll tired and satisfied for an hour ago (lie on the couch with beer and chips. joke) #silatvorog
The phrase killed: “1 calorie raises the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 degree Celsius in 1 second.” After that, I stopped delving into numbers and calculations. Aftyr does not know physics at all! What the hell is a second ?! Calorie. it is a measure of energy, not power. It has nothing to do with time. 1 calorie just heats 1 gram of water 1 degree, without any seconds. 1 calorie can be transferred to 1 gram of water almost instantly, or gradually, in small portions for an hour, a day or more. over, it can be done in portions intermittently. In any case, at the end of the energy transfer process (the calorie will be completely transferred to the water), the gram of water will heat up by one degree.