By capture method
Holding a smartphone is implemented in several ways:
- Frame. a mount that fits a wide range of mobile device dimensions. Usually a phone with a display diagonal of 3.5 to 7 inches can fit into the frame. The design is realized by means of spring-loaded sides. To fix or remove, just pull one of the moving sides.
Cover. this option assumes complete closure of the smartphone from external factors (dust, dirt, water). This type of holder is suitable for extreme cyclists. The only drawback is less versatility, which will require individual selection for the size or phone model.
When making a phone mount on a bicycle with your own hands or purchasing an already finished product, you should pay attention to additional features:
- The reflector is a reflective element that makes it easy to spot the cyclist in the dark.
- Flashlight holder. The phone holder may include an additional mount that will allow you to place a flashlight.
Reasons to use the holder
First of all, let’s talk about why cyclists need quick access to information displayed on a smartphone display:
- Navigation. Originally, this kind of holders were used on motorcycles and scooters. With the growing number of cyclists and the advancement of technology, more and more people began to track their own location and plan a route to their destination using their phone. And so that the screen of the mobile device was always in front of the face, holders were borrowed from motorcycles. Manufacturers have followed the trend and launched a line of specialized accessories.
If you want to make a bicycle holder for a smartphone with your own hands, you should decide on its type. The design of the accessory may differ depending on the method of gripping the smartphone and attaching it to the steering wheel. The correct choice of material and taking into account additional possibilities are important.
Simple, One Cut, Scrap Wood, Wall Mounted Bike Rack
Depending on the material used, the holder will have varying degrees of wear resistance and reliability. In production and in self-production, the following materials are used:
- Plastic is the most commonly used material. Depending on the manufacturer, the quality of the accessories that are made of it also changes.
- Textile. used as an additional material to improve adherence and soften frequently contacting parts.
Redesign of the car holder
Sometimes a suitable holder can only be found with a car mount. In this case, you will need to make a small alteration:
- Unscrews the standard mount.
- A bicycle reflector is taken from which the reflective part is removed. There should be a plate with two holes under it.
Do-it-yourself mount for a smartphone on a bicycle. You can start testing in the field.
By fastening method
Expensive holder models are equipped with a contact pad that allows you to install not only a phone on it, but also, for example, a flashlight.
Location and mounting options
Bicycle holders can be located almost anywhere. The location depends, first of all, on the convenience of using the water bottle. That is why the option of attaching the bottle holder must be approached as carefully as possible.
- Steering wheel. The handlebar mount for the bottle cage is the second most popular option. To secure the bottle, specially designed clamps are used. Thus, the cyclist does not even have to bend under the saddle (which is necessary if the holder is attached to the frame) to get the water bottle. At the same time, it is worth noting that a rather large number of other devices are already installed on the steering wheel. In addition to fastening with clamps, there is another option for fastening by installing a holder with ties to take out.
And also the holder can be attached by installing a specially designed plate, which has special holes for the stem cover. over, the diameter of these holes is standardized.
- Upper frame tube. A bottle holder is most often attached to the upper tube of the frame, which is designed to transport an additional supply of water. Most often, water reserves are located in a case, bag or bag, and those, in turn, are fixed on special straps. In addition, instead of fabric covers, structures made of plastic or wire can be used. However, this method is not the most convenient, therefore it is used quite rarely. It is especially inconvenient to transport water on the upper tube of the frame if the bottle has a non-standard shape or dimensions.
- Seatpost. Since this place is very accessible while riding, it is quite often used to install a water holder. However, one should take into account the fact that this place does not have special holes for fastening. In addition, if the flask falls out while driving, you will not be able to notice it, since this area is outside the visible zone.
- Saddle. A saddle frame is most commonly used to secure the bottle holder. In this case, wire holders are used, which are equipped with specialized clamps or screws. With a similar design, several bottles of water can be fixed under the saddle at the same time.
- The trunk. Since not every modern bike is equipped with a rack, this method may not work for everyone. If your vehicle does have a trunk, then you can attach water bottles to it using specialized holders. The number of water bottles in this case is limited only by the size of your trunk.
- Helmet. If you prefer attaching a water bottle to your helmet, then this will also put additional stress on your neck and spine.
In general, bottle holders can be attached using brackets, adapters and bolts.
Among the popular manufacturers that make and sell bottle holders from different materials (from plastic to carbon), there are several companies.
- Cube is a popular German manufacturer of both bicycles and accessories. Among them, one of the most popular lines is distinguished. Elite.
- BBB is an international company that is trusted by both amateurs and professional cyclists.
- Topeak is a Taiwanese bicycle accessories brand.
Important! When purchasing a water holder of any of the brands described, make sure that you are dealing with an authorized dealership.
Features and purpose
A bottle or flask holder is a must-have for any bike. Despite the fact that a backpack can be used to transport water when cycling, this method is considered not the most convenient. So, the backpack can heat up the back. over, this method is not used in race conditions. Additional time will be required to drink water.
The water on the bike can be transported in a plastic or reusable bottle, as well as in a special flask. One way or another, but the need for a bottle holder still exists. That is why it is very important to carefully approach the choice of this design. It depends on how securely the flask will be fixed. There are a wide variety of water bike holders on the market today.
They differ among themselves in design, place and method of fastening, as well as in the material of manufacture. Accordingly, depending on these factors, not only the comfort and reliability of use changes, but also the price.
The bicycle bottle cage can be made from a variety of materials. Today in our material we will consider the most popular options.
- Aluminum. Aluminum water stands are lightweight and highly durable. They are able to withstand the influence of negative environmental phenomena, and are also convenient and easy to use. However, such a device can scratch your bottle if it is made of insufficiently dense material.
Over time, the fixation of the aluminum holder may loosen, so this must be carefully monitored.
- Plastic. Plastic bottle holders are the most common and popular among cyclists. Such love of consumers is explained by the fact that they hold the bottles very tightly and firmly.
- Stainless steel. This material is characterized by increased reliability and durability. In addition, the price for such holders is quite democratic, which makes the devices affordable for representatives of almost every social stratum of society. However, it is necessary to take into account the fact that stainless steel holders also have negative characteristics. So, with intensive use of the bike, and, accordingly, the bottle holder, it can collapse. Parts of spot welding are more susceptible to destruction than others.
- Titanium material. Despite the fact that this material is very strong and lightweight, titanium alloy holders are not very common among users. This is because it is not cheap.
- Carbon or carbon fiber. This is a material that differs in small indicators of mass in comparison with all the listed materials. It is quite often used for the manufacture of bicycle bottle holders, but is expensive, so it is most often used by professional athletes.
- Fabric and leather. Bottle holders made from these materials are used on bicycles or where there are no specially designed fittings on the bike. Most often, fabric and leather holders have a stylish external design and perform not only a practical function, but are also decorative elements in themselves.
Bottle holders: functions, varieties and tips for choosing
Everyone knows that water is necessary to support human life. Its deficiency can lead to a number of negative consequences that can cause disruption of the functioning of organs and their systems. It is especially important to consume enough fluid during any physical activity. That is why all bicycles are equipped with a special device. a bottle holder, which is an integral part of the vehicle’s structure.
It is worth considering what types of bicycle bottle holders are there, which manufacturers you should trust, how to choose the right bottle holder for your bike.
How to choose?
If you do not know how to choose the right water holder for a bicycle or scooter (adult or child), then when buying you should pay attention to such factors and characteristics as:
- the material from which the holder is made;
- external characteristics;
If you take into account all these details when purchasing, then you will choose a high-quality bottle holder that will serve you for many years, fulfilling its functional purpose, and will also meet your aesthetic preferences.
For information on how to make a bottle holder for a bicycle with your own hands, see the next video.
Lightweight and practical material with direct and decorative functions. Plastic structures are fixed on the walls in the premises, deepened into the ground, concrete is used to give strength to the base. Nets, vertical supports, arches and other structures are made of plastic elements. Mainly used for light plants.
Decorative supports are made in the form of brackets with various patterns. Made of plastic, metal and wood. They are divided into wall, ceiling, balcony. The wall holder for potted flowers can fix the plant in a horizontal position with a stand or ring, in an upright position for hanging planters. Made from natural materials. Presented in the form of ropes, suspended multi-level structures.
Balcony supports are presented in the form of hooks or hangers, most often made of metal, fixed with screws or by overlaying on the support of the balcony railing. Iron supports are used to place flower baskets, boxes, tubs. Plastic holders are not recommended as they do not have sufficient capacity to support heavy baskets of plants, especially when soil is moistened. Suitable for placing artificial flowers and plastic boxes.
Ceiling ones are made in the form of a regular hook, which is fixed to the ceiling with self-tapping screws and a holder attached to it or included in the kit in various forms: rope, soft material with s, lamps, and others. Serve for placing hanging pots, flower installations. Chairs, suitcases, vases and other items are used as creative decorative holders.
For low plants, wire and fittings are used. The material is made in the form of rings held together by vertical stripes. The posts are placed superficially on the ground or buried in the ground. Before using the support, it must be sanded, treated with a primer and paint, mainly green. Long metal supports are used indoors as a multi-level stand for potted crops. They represent a pipe from 2 meters or more with branched rings at different levels. Fixed on the floor or ceiling using a special stand or self-tapping screws.
Wooden poles are an environmentally friendly and durable material. They are presented in the form of a large mesh, which is used as a fixer for pack plants, roses and as a decorative divider. Monolithic structures are used in the form of a vertical support for flowers in pots. When placing the holders on the street to increase the service life, wooden surfaces are treated with varnish or moisture-proof and antifungal impregnations.
In living quarters, wooden holders are stairs, decorative stands, shelving. All of them are subdivided into mobile and stationary holders. Each species has its own advantages and disadvantages. Mobile supports are suitable for heavy planted crops, thanks to the installed castors, the holder with the pot can be easily moved in space. Due to the possibility of placing only one flower, mobile supports outperform stationary ones in the amount of light received by the plant.
With the mass placement of crops designed for large weight, stationary supports are chosen. Placed on any surface, up to window frames, which allows efficient use of space. The design of multi-tiered shelving allows you to install night lights for indoor plants, store items for plant care.
Holders for flowers in pots: features, types and selection criteria
Holders for garden and indoor plants, in addition to decorative functions, help plants whose stems are not strong enough, giving them the desired shape, affect growth. To achieve the desired effect, you must choose the right support. What types of holders exist, as well as their features, we will consider in more detail in this article.
Features of use
Holders are made from various materials: natural and artificial. When choosing a support, they are guided by the type of flower and the installation location. Clips made of natural thin materials: bamboo, willow rods installed outdoors are more susceptible to deformation due to weather conditions. In wet weather, mold and fungus develop on the supports, and the material exfoliates. These consequences can have a negative effect on plants.
For outdoor areas, it is better to use metal and plastic products. The service life of such holders is from 7 years. Monolithic wooden products are subject to decay over time, after 10-15 years it is necessary to replace the support. Structures are different in shape, weight, moisture resistance.
Plastic supports can burst at low temperatures, so it is recommended to remove them for the winter.
Each type of holder must meet the requirements for safety and strength.
- The support must support the weight of the installed flower pot, securely fix it and be stable.
- Holders should not be placed on loose surfaces, not fixed to materials prone to spillage.
- Practicality. The support must be suitable for the particular plant.
- Safety. Made from sustainable materials. Surface treatment with protective impregnations.
- Attractive view.
Securing the bike to the ceiling with a lifting mechanism
If the room has high ceilings and a small footprint, a lift mount may be the best option. Various fasteners can be used for fixing. The most convenient option in terms of operation. To send the transport for storage, the user does not have to make significant physical efforts.
Having installed the bike, the fasteners are raised up
The working process
We cut the board or plywood according to the drawing made. Do not rush to connect the parts together, for a start it is worth making a trial version of the fastening. Initially, you need to cut out the top wall for the future shelf and two side parts.
Before connecting the parts together, you should make a trial version of fastening
Draw a cutout for the frame in the side walls. To cut it out, you need to use special equipment (jigsaw), which will allow you to get an even cut corresponding to our sketch. The outline can be of any shape, but the beginning must be higher than the end. The subtleties also apply to the thickness, which should be the same along the entire length.
Now you can assemble your own bike wall mount. We glue all the parts together, having previously degreased them. The remnants of the glue must be removed immediately, before it begins to dry. Since it will be extremely difficult to do this later.
The top cover can be hinged or glued to the overall structure. In the first case, you get a box, and in the second, a shelf. Decide for yourself what is preferable for you. Next, you need to make holes for the fasteners. Do-it-yourself bike mounts on the wall in the form of a wooden shelf are ready. You can leave it like this, or you can work on the appearance and do sanding, cover it with wood stain and varnish.
Depending on the suspension height of the bike
This criterion can affect the usability of the structure and how harmoniously it will fit into the interior. The location of transport near the floor will not allow rational use of the available space. When you find it in the center, you can safely walk under the steering wheel, but the pedals will still interfere. In this case, it should be borne in mind that the bike will have to be constantly raised to the selected height, which is quite difficult to do for those who are in poor physical shape.
Advice! Ask someone to lift the vehicle and change its position relative to the wall to choose the best option.
A suitable height can be found empirically
Simple bike mount on the wall
This bike storage solution has a number of advantages, it is easy to build and looks good. But on the shelves, the light did not converge like a wedge. Simpler structures such as hooks or brackets can be used to store your bike.
It is not difficult to make a hook for a bicycle on the wall with your own hands. It is necessary to decide on the desired design, choose the dimensions, prepare a durable material and give it the required shape.
Fasteners can be not only practical, but also decorative. Making a bracket for a bicycle on the wall with your own hands in the form of horns of wild animals or a bicycle handlebar is not difficult at all. But such a mount will definitely be unique and will cause the envy of your cyclist friends.
There are many ideas for storing your bike. You can take any of them and try to do something similar. Even if you do not succeed, although we believe in you, no one canceled the benefits of negative experience.
How to fix the bike on the wall with your own hands? Mounting methods: with bicycle hooks, on a rack, on a bicycle shelf. Making a bicycle shelf. How to make the right bike mount: tips and tricks.
How to make a headlight for a bicycle yourself? How to choose the right LED for your flashlight? The parts you need, how to assemble and mount on the bike.
How to assemble a bike mount on the car roof with your own hands? The most effective design in runet, time-tested. Step-by-step instructions for assembling a bike rack.
If you are a lover of outdoor activities and you have your own bicycle transport, it means that from time to time there are problems associated with its storage. Manufacturers offer a wall mount for your bike in a variety of designs. We offer you to get acquainted with the main varieties so that it is easier for you to choose the appropriate option.
Materials and tools
- plywood or boards with a minimum thickness of 15 mm. You will need about 1 m². The material must have sufficient strength characteristics. It is better not to use Chipboard and Fiberboard. Over time, the shelf may crack at the point of attachment to the wall;
- adhesive composition suitable for wood;
- tree protection agent;
- measuring tool;
- saw or jigsaw;
The required tool should be prepared in advance
Of all the wall mounts available to the modern cyclist, the shelf option is the most popular. Let the cost of such a device seem too high, but you can do it yourself, while reducing your costs to a minimum level.
Hooks and brackets
Hooks are the most common. They have an affordable cost and simple design. To mount the mount, it is enough to screw it to the wall using hardware of a suitable standard size. Hooks can be metal or plastic. The first option is preferable.
The scope of delivery includes everything you need for installation
The design of the brackets may vary. Allocate products:
- for fastening to the frame. This is the most affordable option, assuming the presence of two holders located at some distance from the wall;
- metal curved. The principle of operation of such products is similar to the first option. The main difference is the beautiful configuration of the fasteners. They do not allow you to adjust the angle of inclination of the vehicle to the wall;
- folding wall. The option is relevant for small spaces. The holders are located on a special swivel mechanism. If the bracket is not needed, it can always be folded up. The angle of inclination is adjustable.
The bracket securely fixes the bike in the desired position
Authorization on the site
In one of my previous works, I described the manufacture of a holder for open-end wrenches, see my article: Holder for open-end wrenches.
However, in addition to open-end wrenches, socket heads are often used to work with threaded fasteners. Therefore, I decided to make a wall holder for them too.
I must say that I have such a set of socket heads with a key and a plastic holder.
However, the problem is that if some heads are rather tightly removed from the holes in this holder, others, on the contrary, barely hold and sometimes fall out, since the holes for them are already loose. And the dimensions indicated on the sides of the heads are not visible at all due to the high walls of the holder. Practice has shown that it is convenient to take this holder with you in case of need, but for work in a workshop it is not very convenient.
Reflecting on the various options for a homemade wall holder, I first decided to focus on the most seemingly optimal option, in which the end heads are simply inserted into the holes drilled in the plate.
However, since the diameters of neighboring heads do not differ very much (literally by 0.5-2 mm), it is very difficult to choose drills or crowns for wood to drill holes for them.
It was possible of course to bore some holes with a round file on wood, but then I got a better idea.
I decided to make a holder in which the sockets would simply slide over the vertical pins. over, as such pins, you can use screws with plastic tubes put on them. Naturally, making such a holder is also much easier than a holder with holes.
So, to make such a holder, I needed the following accessories:
First, we mark the wooden planks. of the future holder, we prick the centers of the future holes for the pins-screws with an awl and drill the holes themselves (through holes), with a diameter of 2.5 mm.
Then with a hole saw, we saw through a blind hole with a diameter of 19 mm, for a key.
We clean this hole with a semicircular chisel, removing excess wood.
DIY wall mount bike rack
I present to you my work. a handmade wooden bike rack. A very practical thing. It does not take up much space in the garage, while fixing the bike well in the place designated for it. The idea was to make not just hangers, but something unusual, original. What would you like yourself. And I did it.
I made the holding hands from two wooden blocks.
The main thing is to cut the gap between the fingers. Not an easy task, in fact.
Hands are half the battle. It also remains to make a mount for them. The base of our hanger is a square. We attach a board to it.
The width of the board depends on your bike, or rather, on the width of the handlebars.
Paint over the back wall to make some kind of background. Place a triangle under the support board to fix it. So that over time, the board does not bend.
That’s all. Wall mountable.
Simple wall-mounted file holder
A very easy-to-make, home-made wall-mounted file holder. This holder is especially suitable for files with long blades.
In my workshop, I have a set of files that I often use when working with wood. It actually consists of a set of two files (rasps) for wood, which I have had for a long time, probably since Soviet times. And so far, this set serves me pretty well.
I must say that despite the abundance in our time, of various electrical tools, for example, the same hand router, it often happens that if you need to make a small groove or groove in a wooden blank, then it is easier and faster to use a file for wood.
Therefore, I use my set of files quite often, and it is always at my fingertips.
However, the problem is that until now these files were just lying on my shelf, which was not very convenient. And now, finally, recently I got around to making some convenient holder for these files.
And at first, I wanted to make a regular holder from a board with through slots or holes (as is often done in such cases), which would be attached to the wall.
How To Build DIY Bike Storage | Blake Builds A Mountain Bike Rack
That is, something like this, as I made a holder for chisels.
Therefore, after thinking, I decided to go the other way and make a very simple holder from a wooden board with screws with a press washer screwed into it. Actually, these screws will be the cells that hold the files.
For this I needed the following accessories:
Materials and fasteners: Wooden plank 2 cm thick, 4 cm wide, and about 40 cm long. Screws with a press washer 4.2×40 mm. Plastic straws from bottles of liquid soap.
Workpiece marking. Using a pencil and a square, we mark the blank board and mark the centers of future holes for screws with a press washer. In order for the files to hold well in the cells and not slip out, I chose the distance between the centers of paired screws equal to 19 mm.
By the way, although I have only six files, I decided to make a holder for seven files just in case, that is, I will have one cell as a spare.
In addition, at both ends of the board, I marked the centers of the screw holes for attaching the future holder to the wall.
Punching holes. Using an awl, we prick the centers of future holes.
Harvesting of plastic tubes. To prevent the saw blades and file handles from scratching on the thread of the screws, I will put a plastic tube about 25 mm long on each screw.
I decided to take these tubes from old bottles of liquid soap, since the inner diameter of these tubes is just right for putting them on screws.
I decided to hang the holder in the corner of the window, right above the workbench. For this, using two of the same screws with a press washer, we screw the holder to the wall.
I must say that such a holder turned out to be quite convenient.
The files are held in it quite reliably, since they are not allowed to slide off the screws and fall out of the holder, they are not given the heads of screws with an increased diameter (that is, the press washers themselves).
At the same time, in order to remove any file from the holder, you need to take it with your hand by the blade and only slightly lift it over the screws of the holder (one and a half to two centimeters). Likewise, the file is hung back on the holder.
Thanks to this, this file holder can be placed on the wall high enough (which I, in fact, did).
Well and. I want to note that such a holder can be suitable not only for files, but also for other tools with long blades or working parts, for example, metal files, long screwdrivers, long chisels or chisels, etc.
In principle, however, this holder can also be used for tools with a short working part. The main thing is that for such a tool, the center of gravity is not on the handle, but on the working part itself. In this case, it will hang securely on such a holder.
DIY Wall mounted Bike Rack Ideas || 5 Bicycle Hanger 2020 || बाइक हैंगर
Well, this is where I finish, and to all my homemade colleagues, I wish you good luck and success in your work.!