Where is it easier to wash your bike
Here are some places where you can clean up your two-wheeled horse:
- in the courtyard of a private house;
- on the site near the garage;
- in the apartment;
- at the car wash.
The first option is ideal, since the bike does not even need to be rolled home. You just need to prepare water, a soft cloth, cleaning agent as needed. The whole washing procedure will not pollute the house at all, since the bike can be left to dry in the same place, on the street. Of course, in good weather.
It’s great if there is a garage and a bike is stored there. Usually, right in front of the entrance to the garage, there is a concrete area where you can safely wash your two-wheeled vehicle. You will have to dry the bike in the same place, only then drive it indoors.
Washing in nature is rather an intermediate option, when dirt impedes further movement. “Bathing” will be especially relevant when you need to get rid of lumps adhered between the wheels and fenders or just freshen the bike from annoying dust.
The least fortunate ones are those who live in an apartment of a storey building and there are no alternatives. You will have to wash the bike in such a way that it does not leave much room in the room, and it will take more time to clean. It is possible that even after a neat wash, you will still need to wash the floors.
Washing a bike at a car wash is a radical option after long off-road riding combined with rain or sleet. The high pressure jet will knock almost all dirt off the bike. With the exception of only transmission mechanisms and bushings. here it is unacceptable to exert a powerful pressure.
How often is cleaning required? It all depends on the riding conditions, riding style, weather. For example, constant driving off-road, and even in the rain, will force you to wash your bike almost every day. Short trips only in dry weather can hardly affect the cleanliness of the bike, it will be enough to wipe it thoroughly just once before the season closes. Everything according to the situation, but on average, a “general cleaning” should be carried out two or three times a season.
How to properly clean the chain and mechanisms
- manual with a brush;
- chain wash;
- in a bath with kerosene.
You should not spare your efforts on the chain. The dirt is wiped off with a stiff brush (you can take a shoe brush). In order not to stain the floor and hands, we put it on a thick rag, and put gloves on our hands. In the longitudinal direction, brush along the chain several times, then turn over and repeat the same.
An excellent option would be a special device. a chain wash. It is especially useful in cases where the gaps between the rollers are clogged with heavily hardened clay or the chain is not removable.
Cleaning the chain with a sander will probably get rid of the dirt faster, but it will also leave cuts on the outer surfaces. If the chain has already seen the views and is not afraid of mechanical stress, remove it from the bike, fold it into a circle and carefully pass it with a nozzle. This method will clean the outside of the dirt well (and will scratch the chain), but it is ineffective if the dirt has accumulated between the rollers.
Kerosene is what remarkably relieves the chain from the stuck dusty-oil suspension. It is placed in the tray in such a way that all the gaps between the rollers are open. Cleaning time. from 12 hours to 24 hours. After kerosene, the chain is wiped with a dry clean cloth.
Cleaning of switches: carefully and methodically all dirt is removed with a damp cloth, abrasive products cannot be used. The same applies to a dirty brake:
- Remove the pads, wipe them.
- Use a moistened clean sponge to collect all adhering dirt from the pressure mechanism.
- Wipe the cables.
- Lay out the brake mechanism, pads and mountings separately, allow to dry completely.
It is also better to clean the stars by hand: it is much more effective than washing them under the tap. Since the surface of the sprockets is not only dirty, but also oily, a mild cleaning agent (for washing dishes, for example) is just right here.
A little cleaning compound is applied to a sponge soaked in hot water. With a foamed sponge we pass through problem areas. First, the dirt is thoroughly removed with the hard side of the sponge, then the surfaces of the stars are wiped dry with a clean soft cloth or rag. Particular attention should be paid to the gaps between the teeth, as well as between the stars themselves. Washing direction is from top to bottom. There is also a special brush for cassettes on sale. It is compact and convenient:
Compared to washing under running water, cleaning the sprockets by hand has disadvantages:
- it is difficult to crawl into the space between the stars;
- dirt can be pushed even deeper;
The main advantage of the manual method is that the surface of the stars does not deform, water is not poured where it is not necessary.
How to properly wash your bike?
Periodic cleaning is as necessary for a car as it is for a car. Of course, many people may not like the washing process itself, especially if you do it in haste. Let’s figure out how to wash your bike so that your hands don’t get tired and the bike feels good.
Cleaning the frame and wheels properly
Thoroughly washing the bike at home, for example, in a small apartment, is quite problematic, so we take it apart. Before you start washing a very dirty bike, you need to:
- rip off all large pieces of dirt;
- remove the wheels;
- dismantle tires;
- remove the chain (use a squeeze if it is without a lock);
- remove switches, shifters and brakes;
- prepare water, soft cloth, sponge and chain brush.
You can wash the frame in the bathroom under the shower or by hand. It all depends on the pollution. Hard dirt is wiped off with the hard side of the sponge, streaks and smudges are wiped off with the soft side. When the dirt is removed, we wipe everything with a dry clean cloth. A plus will be to walk through all the pipes several times. When washing under the shower, we avoid getting water into hidden cavities!
The tires can be safely washed under a good stream of hot water with the hard side of the sponge. To completely remove all the dirt from the grooves, it will take a long time to tinker with the sponge, especially if the pattern is deep.
Rims and spokes can be washed under a gentle shower, but it is advisable to wipe them by hand with a wet sponge and dry cloth. The areas of the bushings are wiped with a damp cloth only and under no circumstances are they exposed to pressure. Water can easily get into the bushing, damage the bearings and flush out the grease.
In this sequence, the main parts of the bike are washed. Now let’s look at how to clean mechanisms and a chain.
Bike wash with Karcher
This type of cleaning is great for removing dirt, certainly faster than home cleaning, and the quality of cleaning is much better. However, not all cyclists will agree that knocking dirt off a bike at a car wash is a good way to go. Why?
The jet is very powerful, so a safe distance from the hose to the bike must be maintained. Despite this, there is still a risk of a jet hitting the bushings, their mechanical damage or water leakage inside.
We bypass the bushings, it is undesirable to pour water over the carriage. In some cases, the spray can knock paint off the frame. True, there is no need to talk about the quality of this paint, because it must withstand mechanical stress and harder. It is undesirable to clean the sprockets with Karcher, they can be easily bent, as well as let water into the rear hub.
And finally. After washing the bike, you need to slightly lubricate the outer surfaces of the bushings and carriage, and also apply the correct lubricant to the chain and sprockets. After that, the bike is calmly going back. Washing and cleaning will not take much time, but it will give comfort on trips and extend the life of the entire bike.
What methods of rust removal can be used?
If, despite all the efforts and courting, a red bloom has appeared, then you need to deal with its elimination. First of all, it is necessary to assess the scale of work and the criticality of corrosion processes, after which a way to solve the problem is selected. You can remove rust using one of the following methods:
- With the help of folk remedies.
Inventory that will be needed for the procedures:
- Metal scraper (brush).
- Solid oil and diesel fuel.
- Napkins and towels.
- Cotton pads.
- Mineral oil.
Traditional methods of dealing with rust
If the traces of the reddish plaque are still quite fresh, then they can be eliminated with the means at hand, described below. Potatoes are ideal for removing rust from bicycles, knives and other small metal items. For cleaning you need:
- Cut raw potatoes in half.
- Sprinkle salt on the cut.
- Treat the damaged area.
You can also use ketchup or tomato sauce to remove rust from your bike:
- Lubricate rusty parts.
- Wait 5-7 minutes.
- Remove residual substance.
Organic or inorganic acids can be used to remove rust from the surface of the bicycle, however, inorganic substances interact with the metal, having a negative effect on it. It is undesirable to use nitric acid, but weak solutions of hydrochloric and sulfuric acid are applicable, but when working with them you need to use self-protection means (respirator, goggles and gloves).
The best way to deal with rust is with orthophosphate acid, which creates a protective film that protects the metal from corrosive processes. To eliminate red marks, you need to prepare:
- Paper towels and cotton pads.
- Baking soda.
Mechanical removal of rust
If there are few red spots, then they can be dealt with in 20-30 minutes. For this you need:
- Treat damaged areas with a metal scraper.
- Lubricate the surface with mineral oil.
- Wait 15-20 minutes.
- Remove oil with a scraper.
- Wipe dry with paper towel.
- Apply the product with a cotton swab to damaged areas.
- Wait 10 minutes.
- Wipe off substance with paper towels.
How to remove rust from a bike?
A bicycle is a means of transportation that makes travel more comfortable and faster. At the same time, this unit needs constant care, and if mishandled, it can create a number of problems. Before the start of each season, you need to carefully inspect the bike, because sooner or later, rust may appear on the handlebars, frame or other metal element. How to eliminate it at home? This is what we will talk about in this article.
What rusts first?
If you forget about the bike and leave it on the balcony, then in 1-2 years it will be covered with rust. However, if you carefully inspect the unit, you can make sure that corrosion has appeared only on some parts. For example, the frame will not be damaged, as it is painted with a special paint that includes an anti-corrosion agent.
Parts that rust in the first place:
- Metal parts of the pedals.
- Spokes and iron parts of wheels.
- The steering wheel and its unpainted column.
As you know, the best way to solve a problem is to prevent it. Rust on metal is no exception, because corrosive processes can be avoided or at least delayed as much as possible. To do this, you need to follow preventive measures, namely:
- Wipe dry all parts of the bike after washing or riding in the rain.
- Store the vehicle in a case or dry place.
- Lubricate moving parts with machine oil.
- Repainting the frame periodically.
- Watch out for nickel and chrome plating.
Cleaning the bike chain
This part of the bike must not be painted or brushed as it will quickly deteriorate. To remove rust from a bicycle chain, proceed as follows:
- Remove the chain and place it in a metal container.
- Pour diesel fuel and put the pan on fire.
- Bring to a boil and ignite the contents.
- Remove from heat and pour onto a stone surface.
- Wait for the chain to cool down.
- Shake the chain so that the remaining rust crumbles.
- Lubricate with grease and install back.
Important! The procedure should be carried out outdoors using a fire. It is important to comply with fire safety rules, as careless handling of fire can result in disastrous consequences.
Rarely used to lubricate chains, because their density makes it difficult to handle hard-to-reach elements.
So what’s the best way to lubricate your bike chain? The system can be lubricated with an effective two-component, or modern dry. graphite lubricant. They are the least problematic when cleaning. In some cases, the system can be treated with ordinary engine oil, but a special agent is better.
The most common option. The cartridge contains Teflon or graphite particles mixed with silicone. The substance easily gets into the most remote and hard-to-reach places, but it very stains the parts of the vehicle.
When to lubricate the chain?
There is still no consensus on this issue.
Main service signs:
- As soon as it becomes difficult for a cyclist to read the movement, it is necessary to process the transmission parts, often the problem lies precisely in them.
- After storing the vehicle on a balcony or garage, where it is exposed to the external environment.
- This procedure should be repeated after three hours of continuous driving (in terms of mileage, this is 100 kilometers).
- Heavy rain is also considered a reason to renew the lubricating fluid, the ingress of water on parts and strong jets remove some of the substance.
- You decided to clean and re-tension the chain.
- Finally, when the lubricant disappears, the chains begin to crunch suspiciously.
Cleaning the chain before lubricating
First of all, maintenance of parts involves cleaning them, this procedure is especially important for the transmission. When cycling, dirt and dirt from the road mixes with the lubricant and remains on the links of the system.
A viscous, hard-to-wash black mass is formed, which is ready to stain everything around. In addition, it spoils the surface of mechanisms made of metal.
There are three simple steps to cleaning and greasing your bike chain and sprockets:
- remove large lumps of dirt and grease;
- use a special machine to clean the transmission to a normal state;
- completely treat the elements with special substances to remove even fine dirt.
The specific shape of the chain does not allow wiping it with a simple cloth or sponge. The links, the gaps between them and the non-fixed position cause a lot of trouble for the cyclist. Therefore, high-quality manual cleaning sometimes takes a lot of time and effort.
Engineers have come up with special devices for this procedure. They consist of gears and brushes with a chain between them. Like any device, the machine has its pros and cons. Most importantly, it cleans it quickly and efficiently. But at the same time:
- the device also needs difficult cleaning after work;
- the materials used are unreliable and constant use will quickly break the product. And cleaning brushes cannot be replaced with new ones in case of breakage;
- even a special mechanism will not relieve a person of the need to walk along the chain with a rag.
[attention type = green] Tip! With such a machine, taking care of your bike will become easier, because the cleaning procedure does not take much time, and the result is tangible. [/ Attention]
As noted earlier, a special machine cannot remove 100% of the dirt; to get to the smallest parts in the links, you will have to use liquid. There are special substances designed to clean the links.
A more efficient and simpler way:
- Pour solvent into a basin. It will remove any dirt, just put the system in the liquid and remove any visible dirt.
[attention type = yellow] Worth knowing! Cyclists often leave the transmission in the tank for a while, but this has not been proven to be beneficial. [/ Attention]
- Washing. Dissolve soap or powder in warm water. Residual solvent must be removed, otherwise the grease may react unpredictably with it.
- The chain can be dried with a cloth, but it is best to leave it outdoors. The washing procedure is quite painstaking, but you should not neglect it.
This is a classic look, they are poured into special oilers or vessels. Cyclists are attracted by their low cost, but use requires a lot of patience and care.
Bicycle chain lubricants
Bicycle Chain Lubrication Instructions
After cleaning and buying lubricant, cyclists are wondering how to properly lubricate a bicycle chain? To do this is quite simple, the main thing is to follow the instructions.
- Move the bike chain to the middle sprockets, in this position, its tension is maximum, and cleaning and lubrication will be more thorough (after that, do not forget to re-adjust the front and rear derailleurs, if your model has them).
- Clean and flush the system, you can use a special machine.
- Lubricate all sections of the chain by smoothly pedaling counterclockwise.
- Pedal at the same speed, so the substance penetrates better.
- The lubricating fluid necessary for the vehicle’s operation will remain inside, and the excess will come to the surface. They are where dirt usually sticks, so gently wipe the links and other elements with a clean cloth.
[attention type = red] Important! Regular maintenance of the chain will ensure that all systems on your bike work properly. [/ Attention]
You can clean and lubricate the links yourself without going to a specialized workshop. Choose the right lubricant carefully and do not skimp on parts.
Lubricants consisting of two components. a solvent and a lubricant directly. Sold in convenient containers. Due to its liquid consistency, the mixture easily penetrates into the desired places, and then the solvent evaporates. They are expensive, but they provide excellent results.
In fact, it is impossible to make a completely analogue of a chain cleaner, if you are not a master who would specialize in this. But it is quite possible to create options that allow you to work with cleaning, while not removing the chain. Here is some of them:
Advantages and features of using the machine
Bicycle chain cleaner and washer
- We fill the plastic case with a special cleaning liquid.
- Attaching the device to the bike chain.
- Spinning the pedals.
- Gears begin to rotate, brushes. to perform a cleaning function.
- During the washing period, it is recommended to change the detergent inside the housing at least 2 times.
Thus, the cleaning period takes much less time than if it is done manually. Plus, you don’t need to put in too much effort — all you have to do is install the device. Also, this option significantly saves money on detergents. Even if you use some expensive option, here you will need very little of it, so the packaging will last for a significant period of time. This device is not only extremely simple in the way of operation, installation and design, but also its.
Chain washing machine (chain washing machine)
Bicycle chain problems are a common cause of two-wheeled vehicle breakdowns. To avoid this problem, it is recommended to clean the chain in a timely manner, which prolongs its service life and allows you to extend the life of the bike. To do this, you can use the tools at hand, but also a special cleaning device. You can even make it at home.
Cyclotech chain cleaner
- The cleaning is top notch. After using this machine for cleaning, the chain looks like new, it is completely free of dirt and is ready for continuous operation.
- The most convenient and simple thing for washing even dried mud and sand.
- You can use absolutely any detergent. from the classic “Fairy” diluted in water, to expensive, specialized options.
Of the disadvantages of this machine, which, by the way, can be attributed to almost all others, is that washing is possible only in street conditions. At home, you simply run the risk of staining all the walls with dirt. Do not forget when cleaning the chain to also clean the gears, which also get dirt and grease sticks. To do this, when cleaning the chain, it is recommended to change the speed at the front and rear. During this procedure, you can both clean the gears and rinse the chain.
How can you lubricate a bicycle chain?
As mentioned in the article on bicycle chains, maintenance is very important to the drivetrain. If most of the other parts can be assembled for more than one season and require the attention of mechanics, you should work with the chain constantly. In a modern bicycle, it is practically not protected from damage and dirt, and the cost of all parts of the drive mechanism can be an unpleasant surprise.
Therefore, the conclusion is obvious: it is worth servicing the transmission at home as often as possible. The chain can be removed, cleaned and lubricated quickly, but it will save a lot of time and money on repairs.
Chains, of course. To get rid of dirt in the joints and the smallest elements inside the links, it is worth resorting to liquid. There are several chain cleaners commercially available, but they don’t really make much sense. The classic recipe, which was used 50 years ago, is a basin and a solvent. Modern oil removal fluids are equally well suited. The removed chain is gently washed in a basin with liquid, washing out all joints.
How to clean your bike chain and drivetrain like a pro: Top tips for fast, efficient cleaning
Many people not only wash the bike chain, but also leave it to soak for a while. There are several not very convincing arguments in favor of this, but the removed oil will not bring harm either.
The next step after washing and soaking is rinsing. For this, soap or washing powder, properly diluted in warm (important for washing) water, is suitable.
It is necessary to completely clean the chain from the remnants of an aggressive liquid before lubrication, because otherwise an undesirable chemical effect may occur upon contact between the solvent and the lubricant, and it cannot always be predicted. The chain can be simply wiped clean, but drying it in the fresh air will be most effective. So volatile elements will be quickly evaporated.
Chain washing is a laborious process that should still be carried out with prolonged use.
How to remove the chain
A little about how to remove the chain from the bike for maintenance.
If there is a lock link on the chain, it is a lock, then there are no problems. we open it and remove the chain. If there are selected links, then using a squeeze, we remove one of the pins, and then open the circuit.
If the chain is “classic”, then we choose an arbitrary link and press it in. It must be remembered that a link that has been removed once becomes less reliable, with prolonged use. replace such links, do not reuse them.
Several types of lubricants stand out. Each has its own pros and cons, and most importantly, its supporters and opponents. Let’s consider some of the types:
- Aerosol. a popular option for cyclists, the lubricant is usually Teflon (“Teflon grease”) or graphite (“graphite grease”) mixed with silicone grease (no mixture. “dry grease”), particles that are in the can. Easy to apply to hard-to-reach parts, but also easy to stain bike parts.
- Liquid lubricants are a classic in an oiler or in a separate vessel. It is required to apply carefully and painstakingly, of the advantages. the minimum price.
- Two-component lubricants. sold in more convenient oilers, very liquid, they are a mixture of a solvent and the lubricant itself. Easy to apply and penetrates anywhere, after which the solvent evaporates. Expensive enough but effective.
- Thick lubricants are rarely used for the chain, since it is very difficult to “deliver” them to the rollers. Of course, you can lubricate with engine oil, but specialized connections are definitely better.
What is the best lubricant to use? Either effective two-component, or modern dry. Teflon or graphite. They are the least problematic when cleaning. You should not engage in amateur performances and lubricate mechanisms with sunflower oil, heavy machine lubricants. Oil these days is far from the best lubricant, at least natural oils.
The first thing to do with the chain, stars, and any mechanisms during maintenance is to clean them. Cleaning is especially important in the case of a transmission. Mountain biking is always associated with dirt flying out from under the wheels and mixing with the lubricant on the chain.
The resulting thick black mass is poorly washed off, stains everything around and, worst of all, seriously damages metal mechanisms, literally “erasing” the surface of even the toughest materials.
- Removal of large clots of abrasive.
- Mechanical cleaning to normal condition.
- Complete rinsing of the chain in special solutions to remove the smallest particles of dirt.
Standard chain maintenance
So what is included in the standard service kit?
- Removing the chain and freeing the stars.
- Cleaning of all elements (at different levels).
- Checking the status of stars and links.
- Chain lubrication.
- Collecting the transmission back.
It would seem nothing complicated. There are several nuances, but it is easy to prepare for them by reading this article to the end.
Working with a chain is not demanding on the tool:
- A squeeze is a special device for opening a pin on a locking (or any) chain link. You can do without it, but it’s not very comfortable. Many versatile tools for cyclists now include a squeeze.
- Gloves and napkins. working with the chain is very dirty, because all the dust that flies out from under the wheels remains on the lubricant and parts.
- Brushes or a machine. a hard bristle will help you quickly remove abrasive from complex joints of the links.
- A basin or other convenient vessel. more on that below.
Bicycle workshops use “industrial” beds and washers, but this is a separate area that does not apply to home maintenance.
The chain is not a flat surface that can be easily wiped off with a rag or sponge. The complex structure of the links, the narrow spacing between the pins and the mobility of the chain itself give many problems even to the neat cyclist. Doing everything right by hand sometimes takes too long and nerves.
To save the guardians of cleanliness, a chain cleaner was developed. This is a special mechanism of several gears and brushes, through which the chain is pulled with force. When moving, it rotates the gears and, passing through static and rotating brushes, is effectively cleaned.
The car has pros and cons. The main plus is fast and even cleaning along the entire chain. But there are also disadvantages:
This Drivetrain Will Last Much Longer. How To Clean And Lube Dirty Bicycle Chain. Slow Mo Comparison
- The machine itself will also have to be cleaned, and this is not an easy task.
- The machines are made of plastic, they are not very reliable, and the brushes are not replaceable, with active use, the mechanism quickly breaks down.
- The cleaning quality is not perfect, and the participation of the cyclist with the rags is not canceled.
Keeping the clipper at home is effective as it doesn’t take long to use after every ride. On most models, the bike chain does not need to be removed. In this case, taking care of your bike will be easy and enjoyable.
Cleaning the bike chain: the first method
The bike chain is moved into a container containing a solvent, you can use kerosene, turpentine or diesel fuel. After rinsing well, you need to drain the substance and pour in a new portion. This is exactly what should be done until the chain is relatively clean. You can determine the degree of purity by the transparency of the drained liquid. It should remain relatively transparent after rinsing.
Often a plastic bottle is used for this method. The chain is placed inside, the solvent is poured in, and then shaken well. You need to repeat this all with water. There are clear advantages to this method. They consist in the fact that you do not have to get dirty while carrying out this whole procedure.
There are also disadvantages here, they are that frequent removal will be bad for the chain. Mountain bikes are known to require a lot of shifting loads. This means that there is a risk of rupture at the spreader point. Here you can damage both the link axle and the plate itself. It would be appropriate to purchase a special detachable link for these purposes. It eliminates the need for tools. It should be noted that today many chains are already sold with such a link in the kit. Shimano and Sram.
Two well-proven methods should be noted here. Both are considered effective and deserve special attention in practice. One is that the chain is removed from the bike. And the second one is for cleaning directly on the bicycle chainrings. This distinction is very important. it is dangerous to remove the chain every time for cleaning, this increases the risk of it breaking. But both the first and second methods are quite effective.
It should be noted that it is almost impossible to achieve absolute purity.
Cleaning and lubricating the chain
The chain, like all parts of a bicycle, needs care and periodic cleaning and lubrication. The ease and smoothness of gear shifting depends on the state of the chain. Cleaning and lubricating the chain usually occurs before and after storing your bike in winter (see the article “Where to store your bike in winter”). But after big bike rides, especially those that occur in mud, you also need to resort to chain maintenance.
Do not be under the illusion that a bicycle chain can be completely cleaned. This is almost impossible to achieve, and nevertheless, cleaning must be carried out, otherwise the problems will show themselves already during the ride.
Cleaning the bike chain with a clipper
This is the only way to protect the sprockets and cassettes: here we are talking about a method that allows you not to remove the chain from the bike. However, you will have to use a special tool. this is a device with a plastic case that can easily fit into a bicycle backpack. This machine should be put on the chain from the bottom.
The gears installed in it grip the chain and bend it, dipping it in a solvent. cleans without removing it. The device makes cleaning much easier. It remains only to turn the pedal until the desired cleanliness is achieved. It should be noted that buying such a device, you also get a special solvent that is attached to it. The kit will also include instructions for use, which can help much more than any stories.
Chain lubrication: how to lubricate
As with choosing a bicycle frame (see the article “Which frame to choose for a bike”), the material is of paramount importance here. The material to be lubricated by the chain; from this point of view of cleaning the worst solution is any oil. These substances are considered very effective, but over time, the main drawback of all oils comes to light. they are sticky. This means that any dirt readily sticks to them and remains on the chain. It is difficult to get rid of it with any cleaning. Don’t use oil for lubrication.
Bicycle chain lubrication
And it is also very important that in this form it is convenient to apply the lubricant in the right places. Otherwise, it will do harm, not benefit. It should be applied to each roller from the inside. This requires extraordinary patience. It is necessary to process the entire chain one drop at a time, gradually turning it. It is very important not to overdo it with lubrication. Otherwise, you cannot count on a positive effect.
The chain in an accessible area must be dripped very carefully, then turn the chain and repeat this several times. It is especially important to remember the roller should only be slightly moistened, for this one drop is quite enough.
The text was prepared by Roman Borisov.
Posted May 28, 2020.
Headings: Repair and maintenance.
- mountain bike