Regular two-wheeled bicycle for children from three years old
For the age group from 3 to 5-6 years old, a 12-inch bike is perfect. Just before purchasing such a transport, pay attention to the design features:
- The frame must be solid and made of quality material.
- It is better to choose the model, which includes additional rear wheels. This makes it easier for your child to switch from a fully stable tricycle.
- The handlebars should be height adjustable as children grow up very quickly. This will extend the life.
- DO NOT go for cheap options. You can Get the Pig in a Poke Totals. For example, the chain will break after several days of riding. In such cases, you can splurge on parts.
If you carefully approach the choice of such a transport as a 12-inch children’s bicycle, then it will serve for a long time, it can even be inherited by the child’s younger brothers and sisters.
How to choose the right 12 inch bike
Every parent is faced with the choice of buying a bicycle for a child, since absolutely all children, from one year old and older, love to ride them. Their very first bicycle transport stands on three wheels, gradually, as the child grows up, turning into a two-wheeled “friend”. Consider how to choose the very first 12-inch bike (wheels).
Classification of bicycles by age
First of all, when choosing a bike, they look at the age of the child. The younger it is, the easier it is in terms of configuration and technical characteristics.
The classic classification of bicycles for children is as follows:
- For children from one to three years old. wheel diameter 12 inches.
- For 4-6 years old. 16 inches diameter.
- For 7-9 years old. 20 inches.
- When your child is 130 cm or more, the wheel will be 24 inches in diameter.
If you are thinking, a 12-inch bicycle is suitable for what age, then from this gradation it follows that you can change to such a transport from one year.
You should NOT buy a bicycle for a child to grow up, as it is simply inconvenient. The chosen model must be suitable for the growth and physical parameters of the little person. Since during riding it is necessary to calmly reach the pedal, which is in the lower position.
Therefore, the 12-inch bike, which we will take a closer look at, is suitable for ages from one to three. This is the first model of a two-wheeled bicycle, to which, if necessary, you can add a rear handle and two additional wheels.
Children’s bicycle with a handle
Children’s bicycle of 12 inches with a handle in the complete set has a pair of small wheels, which, if necessary, can be installed or removed. With them, the transport becomes four-wheeled and gains good stability, which will ensure a smooth transition for a child to a three-wheeled version.
Thanks to the rear handle, the 12-inch bike gives parents control over their child’s movement, protecting them from unnecessary injury. And also it will be needed if the child is tired, allowing him to continue moving without his participation.
You can buy such a bike from the age of three, but you must take into account the height of the child. Ideally, it should be 2.5 times the diameter of the wheel. Thus, if the wheel is 12 inches, a height of 77 cm is required for the bike.
Also, when buying, pay attention to the handle. Try if it is convenient for you to use it (turn, brake, and so on). Pay attention to the steering wheel, which should have an adjustment system, and pedals (preferably made of metal, since they are more durable).
When choosing any bike, carefully inspect the integrity and quality of the chain. And also the presence of a comfortable brake for the baby.
Why buy a bike for your child
Children’s bike 12 inches. This is not only the first transport on two wheels, but also a wonderful trainer that will allow your child to develop correctly.
- Helps improve baby’s balance.
- Strengthens physical condition, including the formation of correct posture.
- The child learns to perform several assigned tasks at the same time (pedals and assess the situation around).
Plus, your child will spend more time outdoors, cycling, rather than watching the TV or computer at home.
How to choose a children’s bike
And also when choosing a bicycle, there is a general number of criteria that you should rely on when buying:
- Consider the age group of the child. Not standing very early transfers the kid from a tricycle to a two-wheeled bicycle, but it is also not necessary to tighten it. From a height of 95 cm, it is already necessary to switch at least to a four-wheeled vehicle, and then, to a two-wheeled bicycle.
- Focus on your child’s growth. Ideally matched, it should be 2.5 times the diameter of the wheel. Otherwise, the operation of the bike will be uncomfortable for the child (pedals are too high or low).
- Buy a bike with your child so that he can first sit on it and try the size ratio. This will give you the perfect fit.
- It is NOT worth buying from non-specialized places, as there will be no quality assurance, which is important when using. You must be sure that the “two-wheeled friend” will not let you down at the most crucial moment.
- Take into account the opinion of the child, because it is for him, and not for you to ride a bicycle.
If you approach the purchase correctly, then even the first two-wheeled children’s bicycle of 12 inches can last longer.
Tips for young parents
Do not be afraid to transfer your child to a 12-inch two-wheeled bike, as this is an additional trainer that develops his physical abilities.
When you teach your child to ride, do not forget about safety precautions. The main thing in city life is to choose the area where there is no car traffic. The child is just learning and will NOT be able to instantly react to danger. It is best to study in Special Areas with bike paths or city parks.
Follow all the rules when choosing a model, and very soon your baby will delight with his first successes.
# Spoiler # end_spoiler